SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

DeeJay is officialy low tier again…Yesssss!!!

lol, capcom

also what move is the Jungle Wheel of blanka?

^^Backthrow.

Oh i see, thx

For Evil Ryu they did make it more clear that he can follow up a air EX tatsu with MK axe kick in the corner. Before it was kind of vague, but now the explanation is pretty thorough. So a good combo to do after landing a FA in the corner could be hop kick, EX tatsu, MK axe kick for 324(level 2) or 384(level 3). Not the best damage but the point is you get a hard knockdown for the cost of only 1 bar.

Besides that he also has the attack tatsu like Ryu. That was already listed in one of the earlier dev blogs but for some reason went unnoticed by a lot people.

It’s not like she could logically need any nerf.
Still glad she got some minor buffs.

Capcom + logic = does not compute

Well to be honest Shotos don’t use those too much against him anyways because if he is sitting on U1 it is a free punish for a Honda who is conscious.

When I think about this change I don’t think it is going to make much of a difference to be honest because he is going to have to time it late which means most characters will have recoverved before he activates it. .

Can someone clarify the line in Vega’s changes from the pdf? It says in the Bloody High Claw section:

“Allowed combos to link with a Cosmic Smart hit.”

What does this mean? I’m sure it’s a bad translation (maybe?) Is this saying you can link into U1 off CH w/ Vega now? If so that is pretty sick.

I’m thinking Cosmic heel, jump forward U1 will combo now.

Yea, take that Vega players.

Shit, I’m gonna need to see it to believe but that is fucking so money if its true.

Also, I read about Vega and Sagat getting their Focus Attacks hitboxes it says:

“Expanded strike hitbox for deep hit.”

Color me retarded, but I am not exactly getting this one either. So, is the focus attack able to hit from farther away? Are their focus attacks better able to meaty or something now? Not sure what “deep” is supposed to mean here.

Man, the more I think about the 3second “buff” to Makoto’s Super the more I feel like it is potentially a bad thing.

Consider this:

She gains 25% damage boost, however without EX she loses A LOT of her combos and tools. Genei Jin / Enbu work well because you can keep the opponent locked down during the entire duration of the super thus there is a lot more damage and less time that you have to worry about losing out on your tools (unless you make a mistake.)

Here is what she loses:
Her only invincible special (not counting ultras)
FADC for safety
1/3rd of her anti-air punish combo (without EX she can’t do Fukiage - Fukiage - Axe Kick because of the juggle count requires you to use EX or use 1 less fukiage.)
A lot of her corner combos require EX Hayate or EX Axe kick or both as she has very limited options to get a Fukiage off the ground, only EX Hayate / Focus crumple.
Her main armor breakers (ex hayate / ex oroshi) because outside of those 2 moves her fastest armor break is 22F light oroshi.

The problem is that while gaining a flat damage boost she loses a lot of her actual offense, meaning that other than 100-150damage bonus you get from whatever you are doing at the moment (such as super - ultra.) she ends up in a worse position than she would be if she hadn’t activated her super. And now that time you can’t build meter or use EX moves is longer.

I mean I can count on ONE HAND the number of times I’ve seen a Makoto player in a tournament use her super, and I don’t believe they ended up winning any of those matches.

Makotos buffs are mostly cursory as are her nerfs more or less cementing her status of ‘high but not too high’ tier char[a la rufus through all these iterations.] The super isn’t exactly meant to be used outside of its full invicibility in really clutch situos and extending a combo into ultra. The thing about the latter is that it left you like. 1 second or so to actually do anything whereas now your next mixup on hit will benefit from it. Not a strong reason to start using the super but at least it’ll actually get ‘used’ so to speak.

Also vega can combo U1 off an overhead??? What just happened???

New Oni changes:

Goshoryuken
Slightly increased forward knockdown distance on final hit to fix the character facing the wrong way on EX Focus→Dash. <<<< Not sure if he can f+HK when AA anymore

Tenchi Sokaigen
Reduced damaged party’s horizontal knockdown distance in order to increase ease of subsequent hitbox connection following a successful first hit.

Gankauchi (Stick Back + Medium Punch)
Changed damage motion when hitting crouching opponents, making it easier to land a hit when canceling a special or other move from a Gankauchi. <<< Hope his TC2 can hit the crouch oponent and small hurtbox chars now

Angled Jumping Heavy Punch
Changed active period from 4F to 5F.

It’s funny when they make fixes to some characters but not to others, even though they suffer from the same problems.

The translation still says kikouken startup changed when it means kikosho. That change is going to confuse the hell out of people, especially when they copied it on the front page of SRK without including the bit that says U.C.

Also, I believe the Japanese blog post is only listing the new changes.

I think this is taking care of a hit box issue with some characters. My guess is that by “deep” they mean the move will keep your opponent grounded in order to connect further attacks (Sagat’s cr.lp can be tagged on the cr.mp) as opposed to putting them into a juggle state (at which point you can’t continue your link).

I could be wrong, but that’s what it seems like to me. If it where anything to do with frames, it would straight up say that.

Pretty sure it just means more reach/bigger hitbox. The change for Sagat was just making it hit on some crouching characters it didn’t used to, and the change to Chun’s was just more reach, and both say something about “deep hit”.

For the Ken changes, what exactly does the change in start-up frames for cl.st.mp mean?
[LIST]
[*]Increased startup of near standing medium punch from 8F to 20F to allow a delay when canceling into a Target Combo
[/LIST]
To me this change makes no sense. For a move that they have been trying to get Ken players to use since Vanilla, making it have 20f of start-up doesn’t seem like the way to go lol. I’m going to assume that it means some thing like cl.st.mp no starts-up in 8f instead of 6f and can be cancel into cl.st.hp, on-hit, for 20f afterwards.

I dunno, for some reason this just doesn’t seem correct.