SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

According to the japanese blog, it looks like they created a brand new bs title called “Grand Warrior”

Looking at the changes I think the best characters are going to be C. Viper, Akuma, Abel, Fei, Sagat, Seth, Honda, and Cody. Knee jerk list, so don’t scrutinize me that hard.

It’s a mistranslation. I believe the Japanese blog says that close.mp is now target combo cancellable from 8f~20f, which is the last active frame and 12 of the recovery frames. It’s a risky counterhit bait, like a poor man’s delayed rekka.

All changes are now updated on the first page. If there are any changes that need to be fixed please let me know.

Looks about right. I’d be inclined to put Yun, Ryu and Sakura in there also. I also feel Bison is a solid character, likewise for Zangief…

I’m pretty keen to see how this version pans out actually. No single character really stands out as significantly better and at a glance its looking like all of the cast now have a fighting chance.

It would have been more fitting if it was called “World Warrior”.

that will probably be v.2013

so finally, E.ryu have the same cHK that akuma ? or still startup in 7frames?

Damn so Blanka potentially just lost a ton of unblockable setups.

I think the “deep hit” hitbox changes refer to the moves working better against smaller/crouching characters.

I know for Zangief, if you hit Chun-Li with a cross-up splash and try to go into crouching jab, Chun-Li will kind of reel
under your jab and you won’t hit her unless you time it really well. I remember them saying that they would change that
in an earlier change log, and now it’s translated as this “deep hit” business, so I wouldn’t expect any more range, folks.

I guess those location tests (with pay to play cabinets) were mostly just for PR and Hype given the fact the changes from Beta - Final totaled 8 bullet points (despite taking 2 months to compile) and both Cody and Makoto received ZERO changes after the initial set of pre loc test changes. :confused:

Still, overall I’m happy with how the changes played out (other than the non-issue but still irritating on a superficial level, “vag tax” they gave Makoto’s health.)

They changed it to 6, then changed it back to 7. They did up the damage to 100 and lengthened the active frames to 3 from 2 though. I think they did this because they gave him a couple of new ways to combo into a hard knockdown by using canceling HK axe kick from cl. MP and MK axe kick from juggle opportunities.

It’s too bad, but I think E. Ryu will be pretty good in AE 2012. Definitely in the upper half of the tier chart(as in the top to mid, not mid to bottom).

7f startup.

Will the DLC update be able to be downloaded next week or the week after?

December 13th so 2 weeks from now (for xbox/ps3 at least. They haven’t announced PC yet, though it took 1 guy all of about 3 days to do 90% of the changes just using the Ono! tool. So probably sometime in the year 2013 given Capcom.)

AE 2012 will hit the arcades tomorrow in Japan. Hope there will be stream.
13 days until AE 2012 DLC.

Viper? I honestly don’t think so. Here’s why,please argue with me with facts if you feel different:

• Does less damage in key moves: ex seismo ,air bk, mp tk,ultra all do less damage. Big combos for max dmg usually involve most of those moves so her combos are going to do less dmg.

• Bad matchups getting worse. All her bad matchups getting buffed: Zangief (more dmg in ex hands,more stun in spd), Honda (better headbutt),Balrog (more dmg on hb). Most other chars are getting buffs too, most do more damage and/or have improved normals (frame wise). This is bad for her as she will need to hit more and get hit less than before,to win.
    Unfortunately Capcom didn’t specify what’s the “buff” for U1. Supposedly it’s easier to combo into now,but easy and Viper don’t usually go together. What I think they did is eliminate all the guess work that was neeeded in combos regarding char height/weight in/out of corner,but we’ll see.

She’s top 15 in my books,not top 10 or anything like that. What makes me really laugh is that almost no one plays her (comparing to other top tier chars), yet she got nerfed hard. Gotta thank vocal haters who run into a Viper once a semester.

Uhh all of her bad matchups?

Are we just going to pretend that Yun and Yang don’t exist?

Or are you in the “they were removed from the game” mentality after their nerfs?

Vocal whiners is not why she was nerfed, she was nerfed because she is a dominant tournament character. Winning and placing high both in the west and in japan. When a character wins a disproportionate amout of the time especially with an exceedingly small player base that is skilled there is a very high chance this character is really really good.

…that also brings a smile to my face. :smiley: :tup: :woot: :party: :encore::love:

this is just about right