SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

to me it just lead to bad habits aka mashing

I’ll just kindly disagree with this. The 3 series itself damn near killed SF. 3s rekindled it a bunch but the damage was done and there are a lot of o’skoo peeps that never came back. At the same time, it did attract plenty of new heads so maybe we can call it a push in the end. But to say the ONLY players that didnt attach to 3s were casuals is a pretty huge reach and miss.

Agreed.

Unfortunately it leads to easy rewards as well, which reinforce those bad habits.

It’s one thing to time something and pull it out, it’s another when you are just mashing that dp hoping for a dropped link. Being able to reversal between a frame trap is fine, just the crap like a dropped link leading to a reversal… There is no skill or anything in that.

In fact, I’d be completely fine with it if they kept the reversal window but doing a motion more than once negated what you were trying to do. i.e. if you mashed it, you’d get nothing. I know, it’s impossible, just saying though.

Autocorrect should be toned way down in my opinion. That’s just me though.

Hmm thats an interesting idea to prevent mashing lol.

in lot of old games you cant mash dp, many moves on the sf2 engine needs to be inputted correctly, missing one single input on the chicken wing and you get just a kick or jumping kick

1. Tournament players moved onto it, but did they like it? Not nearly as many. There is a reason ST is still played regularly but 3S pretty much died out until 3SO came out, and even then a few months later people aren’t really paying attention to it.
  2. ST has a much better representation at top level play of both zoning, and offensive play. I do agree ST does lean more towards defensive zoning overall but it is almost unheard of in 3S.
  3. I’d love to read that, because as far as I know AE2012 had rebalance requests before it came out (on consoles) but Ono hadn’t gotten the green light yet from Capcom. Which is why both he and Seth told fans to keep telling Capcom they want a rebalance.

what the hell. 3 years in and we’re still complaining about the sf4 engine…smh

i also dont see why we are now having a discussion about old sf games. theyre all different as hell anyway, thus they all suck except for whatever one you are/were good at.

change log cant come soon enough

The fact that the Denjin Hadoken rotations were already in the PC game but not unlocked makes me extremely suspicious of what they did and did not have.

following that logic you are not good at any game?

come on now

Would anyone really be surprised if AE2012 is not, in fact, the last version? I mean really, this has become standard operating proceedure for Capcom at this point…we’re looking at the 4th version of the game in the past 3 years.

Though if I recall Title Updates are limited for games on XBL and PSN before developers start getting charged for them by Microsoft/Sony, so who knows?

…it probably depends on how well SFxT does.

So was the EX version of Oni’s air dash. It could be just something they cut for one reason or another and are now deciding to put back.

[LEFT][COLOR=#0084b4]sethkillian Seth Killian
[/COLOR][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial]SSFIV AE 2012 change log for all characters goes live tonight at 5pm PST, in English, Span, Ital, Fr, and Ger. Check[COLOR=#0084b4][S]@[/S]Capcom_Unity[/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

Damnnn… why does it seem to take so long… Can’t wait for tonight !! I’ve been waiting endlessly for tonight !!

i mean, they DID call this one v.2012, it’s not a huge stretch to think they might release a v.2013. I personally think that this will probably be the last one, but a 2013 version is still a remote possibility.

dunno what you are trying to get at. im stating that people usually complain about the versions of sf that they arent as good at, or dont understand.

the complaints are way too subjective to have an actual debate about which is best, so its a moot point

i was derping thats all

in the other hand i just want a dive kick for chun god damn

Im thinking they will prob do 1 free update every year till SF5 comes out. Who knows in the end though… One thing is for sure, capcom is a company and if they see a chance to make money they will go for it regardless of what they told us.

I dont give a dam about new characters I just want solid balance thats it.

I’d be willing to throw more money at costumes if Capcom’s interested. I’m a sucker for those.

So…that’ll be 7pm Central. I’ll be waiting with great anticipation.