SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Maybe his “written up” and “incoming” are just in Valve language.

I’d be looking on the japanese site before I looked on capcom unity.

f5f5f5f5

Nothing. BOO.

on the bright side we can buy ae for 3990 yen
or the one on the 3ds for 4800…

heh…

It’s a trap this is the same man who said Gen was still real good in Super.

My hopes for a Top tier Claw went away a year ago. Capcom hates Claw the most out of any character in in SF4 series.

Okay, this is convincing.

Well, then we’ll probably get those characters a couple of months after SFxT’s release (when its thrill is gone).

Usual video “gaming standards” don’t apply to SSF4. It’s competitive gameplay at its best. Almost perfection like chess, poker or backgammon. “New” smash hits like Mortal Kombat will be long dead when this is still going to be played very actively all over the world.
Ono’s already mentioning AE’13 and a possible AE’14 in his tweets: http://twitter.com/#!/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/140618598027767808

The gameplay is so sophisticated that it’d be wise to port this to PS4 & XBox1080 and upgrade it: replace the stages with completely new ones, replace the character models with extremely detailed ones, use brand new special effects and a resolution of at least 1080p (with support for 2160p) - but keep the gameplay 100% intact. Same hitboxes, same frame data.

Poker and Backgammon is nowhere the fuck near Chess. SF is nowhere near the former.

Yes, they are of different complexity.

Still - Rock/Paper/Scissors is even less complex but it’s also “competitive gameplay perfection”.

SF is more complex than that and way more fun.

Skill ceiling is part of how competitive a game is.

Even Daigo still hasn’t reached SF’s skill ceiling yet.

Chess’s skill ceiling is much higher - but SSF4’s is still high enough for human beings. At least for quite a few years to come.

I didn’t deny that. That was directed at your RPS statement.

This is just the old NYCC fake rumor being respun to add Elena who’s a Lupinko confirmation for SFxTK. Also will some of you guys use business sense when it comes to SFxTK and backporting? Let me break it down for you…

This has nothing to do with gameplay, SFIV can be the greatest fighting game ever and SFxTK a piece of shit, it’s totally irrelevant to what I post next.

SFIV = 3.1 million
SSFIV = 1.8 million
SSFIVAE = 0.4 million
SfxTK predicted shipments for March 2012 = 2 million. (March = end of fiscal year for Capcom)

If SFxTK turns into a Mortal Kombat for Capcom as in being a high selling game that while not taken seriously overall by the FGC but still having a more than healthy scene it would be stupid of Capcom to butcher SFxTK and backport characters for what, 200,000 people? SFIV is just about done, expect another set of costumes which were partly shown @ SBO and it’s a wrap. Spending 30k on Jun Kazama and Urien DLC for SFxTK will get them a lot more bang for their buck than spending 10k porting over Poison to SFIV due to the bigger pool of players (bu bu but their casuals!). If Capcom are smart they’ll do a season pass for SFxTK…

Don’t like SfXTK than just keep playing SFIV, and when SFV is even more dumbed down on the ps4/xbox720/wiiU than you’ll know how 3S players felt when IV came out.

Strong and valid points.
In the long run the fighting game community will still remain a factor for Capcom in keeping the genre alive for as long as possible.
If they decide backporting characters from SFxT is really low effort and doesn’t conflict with SFxT’s success I’m sure we’ll get (some of) them.

Ah, okay. Fair enough.

Oooo… gotta stir that shitpot up again eh? SF3 was no less of a letdown for SF2 players. SF4 was simply a return to the style of SF2 with some inspiration drawn from SF3’s gameplay. Perhaps SF5 will be a return to SF3 style with inspiration from SF2/4 gameplay.

While the reversals window and ultras are def easing the ability for new players to enter into the franchise, you really shouldn’t act like SF3 is the epitome of Street Fighter.

That being said you do have a point on whether or not additional content will be added to SF4. Remember, they almost didn’t do AE2012 in the first place, only happened because of enough fan requests.

Uhhhhh no. The only SF2 players that hated on 3s were the casuals that bought it and expected it to be exactly like SF2. SF3 still uses the fundamentals of street fighter that have been in every game, it just added a new sub-system that made the game more fast-paced and aggressive and some players from SF2 couldn’t or wouldn’t make the transition because the expected more of the same. I can assure you that most professional players at the time picked up 3s and loved it. There is no denying that 3s is a more complex game, this is just simple facts.

3s and ST are the epitome of street fighter. 3s captures the Oki and aggressive side of street fighter to it’s fullest, while ST epitomizes the zoning and defensive options. This isn’t to say that ST doesn’t allow for aggressive play or 3s defensive, just that both game systems favor a certain style more readily than the other.

AE2012 was always coming, It was already being worked on before AE was even released. SRK ran an article about it awhile back, you should check it out.

3s being agressive while at the same time is slow as shit?.. is like CE with parries, come on

you cant say that 3s is all about rushdown, because it is not.

you cant say that ST is defensive when is actually a really fast paced gameplay, one fucking mistake and ggs (there´s no other sf where the opening has like 80% value of the fight)

yes im a ST fag and i dont like 3s, i can play it and what not, but it is not my cup of tea… /offtopic

I just play all three. I don’t let my like for one ruin my expectations of another.

it’s bullshit reasoning from some dude on the 3s wagon

3s was a good game in my book but everyone basically started out “new” because it told the old fundamentals to fuck off.

ST technically is defensive but only because you’re looking for that one mistake to win the round. it is pretty fast paced and getting knocked down is basically the time you use to plan for the next round.

IV, 3S and ST are all good games, and i’ll never understand why (the current) phrase of “dumbed down” is a bad thing. it brings more people to the scene, top players who put in the work will still rock your shit, and everyone has a better time in general. if you enjoyed hitting a stupidly tight window for something you still can, so it seems moot to complain about it.