SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

I am.

Ninicism is right about the command divekick.

I don’t agree with what he is saying about whiffing demon flip divekick. Using it to bait a throw attempt doesn’t really work against good players. Whiffed demon flip divekicks usually get punished hard.

Take That! lol

It worked on Poongko just fine.

I don’t think that the risk/reward is in your favor. I agree with you that it is possible to use it to bait a throw. I think that Akuma has better options than to play like that though.

Off of a d.MK dive kick not only is it easier to hit with it gives you time to confirm the hit. Why would this be important? Because unlike its DF counterpart d.MK doesn’t stand on hit. If you don’t have two bars to FADC you need this extra time to decide to LK Tatsu or go for a crouching combo.

Overall the jab doesn’t reduce the scaling too much for a short combo. I think it only removes something like 10 damage, but it stops you from making a bad read.

It is a different option that accomplishes the same goal which again was why I didn’t list it. And the 290 listed was the guaranteed damage. In fact d.MK > HP > BnB Sweep is actually 270 so I was generous for the meterless version. I listed the option that you use more often. Sure in an ideal world where I have a full meter and I don’t care about the knockdown I can get something like 437 off a dive kick although the more meter you burn the better the sweep becomes anyways because the damage difference between sweep and SRK is negligible after a long combo.

However most Akuma players won’t go for that. In fact Tokido regularly will burn two meters for much less damage to get the knockdown on characters who you can’t Tatsu sweep.

Around 2:27 you can see this. Tokido does this rather often. In this case he gained 323 off of a jump HK instead of 435 using a combo you suggest. Why did he do this? He realizes the mix up is more important than the damage.

And you remember that jab uppercut finisher I told you about? Guess who uses that? Tokido.

One video a rule does not make.

I can show

I think we are getting tied up on definitions and crap. It is getting old that I can’t just call it a safe jump when it is used for the same purpose.

Although I am not budging on the whiffed dive kick. That video he showed was one of those cases where Infiltration was lucky not to get punished.

Hell I got Marn with a DF reset at Evo. It’s gimmicky as all hell, but somehow he fell for it. It’s not something I would want to try again.

Sure, I can deal with someone thinking that the risk reward isn’t in his favor. In fact, in that particular match while it was successful had poongko properly read it he would have gotten a nasty corner combo and a really advantageous position. So, maybe that wasn’t even a good time to use it and he got lucky. But, I do still contend that it is a valid mix up. I’m honestly surprised no one knew about this though, it’s been used for a while now.

I’m not even reading that shit. I’m just kinda sighing that people are allowed to completly derail and ruin a thread for some crap “discussion”. I stopped reading when it started to sound like this LoyalSol guy had the opinion that Viper was 4 times as strong as Akuma. I don’t know why they can’t like talk about this on the Akuma forums. (And no, I’m not foaming at the mouth)

Yea, I think you should use the jab too, I never disagreed.

[URL=‘http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MIXtLVty0’]

Of course, Tokido uses it. That’s the way he plays. I don’t need to pull up footage to show that sometimes Akuma players just go for damage, including Tokido although maybe less so for him. The problem was is that you just gave numbers of the lowest possible meterless damage, without mentioning his other options. Akuma has the high damage options, but he can choose to give them up for momentum. Viper doesn’t have that option, which was another point I made earlier.

He’s not lucky, he’s smart for making a proper read and baiting Poongko’s throw. I personally wouldn’t have used it in his place right then and there, but there are definitely times where this is perfectly valid.

Is getting marn with a reset supposed to be impressive or something? He’s a decent player, but if you’ve played him, or watched him play a lot offline. He wins alot cause of marn factor, being random, and having a lot of experience. Dude mashes like ridiculous. He’s pretty good, but not a smart player.

No one really cared about it because if you have played Akuma for a long time you are use to dive kicks being unsafe on whiff (Look at the video I posted. I showed several different ways to punish it.). It is one of the most frustrating things you can have and you don’t forget things like that.

I’ve even tried using a whiffed dive kick into super and it rarely works because most players grab you as soon as they see it doesn’t hit. That’s why we don’t care about it.

I gave the number of a typical mix up. I am going off your average damage not the extreme. If we want extreme damage then OS Ultra takes the cake (Which I believe I listed that anyways), but I don’t land too many of those against solid players. It is usually players who can’t just block.

Not to mention I did say the words (Combo dependent, usually about 290) which didn’t imply you couldn’t get more rather your usual output is around 290 with the sweep ender.

Of course he could have whiffed by accident (The spacing against Seth is really tight because his SRK is so good) and just noticed Poongko was grabbing like an idiot. Did you ever think of that?

what else was going on in this thread before all this? oh right nothing. stop fucking reading if you dont like it. go play online or some shit and get all your knowledge there

also df kick whiff is a legit mixup, but risk/reward probably ISNT in akumas favor. at least just by using good judgement. i dunno, i play viper so she has a skinny hitbox but theres times i try to make the df kick whiff by ducking and walking underneath a bit and it works sometimes but i can never punish it. :frowning:

This discussion is going places.

The lowest you get off of a safe jump landing is never under 300. You have all day to confirm the jump attack into the st. fp, or cr. mp > st. fp. 320 for safe jump into sweep (or 340 with cr. mp > st. fp), and over 400 if you spend two bars and still using sweep as an ender. I don’t know where you’re getting this 290 number from.

Poongko was grabbing like an idiot? So, because Poongko read the empty palm and is not psychic 100% the time he is an idiot for grabbing. Okey dokey.

Ok your right, I’m wrong. I am a biased dishonest bastard who’s sole intent is to underplay everything about my character and I have no clue what I am doing with Akuma. I am a total scrub who hasn’t won a tournament in my life time and usually go 0-2.

Happy?

Oh Jesus this is still going on?

Penis.

Please don’t say Jesus’s name in vain.

He’s dead. Who the f cares?

Congrats on the win Ninicism

i was rooting for nincisim but not because i dont like loyalsol

i hope we can all be friends again

As soon as Ono and the rest of the AE2012 gang post the new changelog I will update the main page ASAP.

No, because on SRK we all hate each other. This website brings out the worst in me I swear.