SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Oh yeah, here we go. 30 pages of how Akuma vortex is totally easy to stop with a random Ultra, you just gotta understand what’s going on.

Viper can make bad reads and still come up safe. And keep making them until they connect for big damage. Most characters can’t do that and the ones who can, usualy lose 2-3 bars of meter. Well that’s ok with me but what erks me is her wake up options . Some characters don’t have good OS to cover her options.

^ thats the characters problem then and not vipers lol. doesnt make her wake up options any less safe and punishable. just means she might have an advantage in that matchup.

reppin: i have no idea what youre trying to say or get at if youre responding to me

I am asking this legitimately, I am not trolling. How often do you guys know which side a burn kick is going to hit on when you execute one?

I know which direction my opponent needs to block 90% of the time when using Akuma.

depends on where its being used. after something like low forward mp tk feint sj bk, all the time. instant ones close to the ground? ehh about 85-90% of the time. depends on a lot of things like character wake up time, how meaty you do it, how you actually execute it, hitboxes of the char etc. theres been times ive walked up to people as much as i can and done an instant hk burn kick that i intended to cross up but must have done too early and it didnt. they can be pretty unsafe and susceptible to many wake up reversals.

most burn kicks are pretty easy to tell as a viper player which side theyre going to hit. theres rare instances where it catches you by surprise. generally the corner seems to randomly cross up even though its suppose to NEVER cross up. in all honesty it depends on where youre applying the burn kick.

overall about 85-90% of the time i can tell where the BK is going to hit. its not THAT hard.

fun fact - i only started playing viper because i refused to play seth vs viper in super. now i only play her. also i can play AGAINST her with other characters infinitely better.

i also didnt know how to block akumas vortex when super started blowing up so i picked up akuma and figured out his workings. akumas vortex is much less scary to me because i understand how it works and why i get hit in certain spots.

After seeing a bunch of Krone vs Latif matchups… I still laugh at them because they don’t know how to block their own mixups

so should they use mixups that are easy to block? good assumption that they dont know how to block their own mixups

ULTRA LOLOL!!!

I played against a Viper online last week that hit me with a crossup midscreen burn kick where the tip of her front foot was barely reaching my character’s head (I was standing and holding back). I got so angry that I took my hands off my joystick and closed my eyes. I didn’t play anymore matches that night. :sad:

It’s impossible for me to actually play the character myself so there is no way that I can get any feeling for it.

I’m not saying that they should be easy to block, it’s just funny that even the master Vipers can’t block their own shit. And when they fall, they will block the wrong way 2-3 more times. Stop being so defensive…that shit is funny.

you act like its a viper specific thing, which is why i come off as defensive.

It isn’t bitching as much as calling a spade a spade. Let’s not kid ourselves. EX Seimso is really really good for one bar. I never called for a nerf of it and frankly even with this nerf EX Seismo is still going to be really good. It just means Viper players won’t be able to use it in throw situations, but in punishing slow normals it will still be just as good.

Viper didn’t really get hit too hard with the nerfs. Some slightly reduced damage, but the main thing is her stun is just as powerful which IMO is the most danagerous part of Viper is if she gains momentum you can get stunned really easily. Just compare the difference in stun output between Vanilla Akuma and his later incarnations and you will see just how big of a deal having a lot of stun makes a world of difference.

c’mon man. you know i play gen too. and ive probrably got just as much vs high level viper exp as anyone. im not talking out of my ass.

when i get a life lead without momentum, the match literally devolves into me dodging ultra setups. when they hit a 900 health character, if the ultra dosent kill, the resulting mix up will if it hits

and i fully accept and acknowledge that fei is a safe cheap bastard

i fully acknowledge that viper does high damage high stun. i fully acknowledge that people who dont play her or understand how she works think that everything she does is safe. or that she can create safe opportunities easily. this is not true. its not simple or easy to create opportunities for safe mixup with viper. saying LOL “ambigious” CROSSUP AFTER FORWARD THROW doesnt mean shit.

Speaking from Akuma’s standpoint. Viper is one of the more miserable characters to OS against.

im not someone who hasnt fought enough viper who’s just saying stuff. i know the mix ups, and i understand the situations. gen vs viper might be one of my most familiar matches, and i think gen actually beats viper honestly.

the match still devolves into wacth out for the ultra and stay away from the corner. it feels silly. dont take offense to that tho. i understand that if they took away her BS and left everything as is that she would be a terrible character

Viper’s b.throw is like 10x more dangerous than her f.throw. IIRC it was one of the things that was nerfed after Vanilla, which says it all. Basically everything they nerfed about Vanilla Viper would have been considered borderline broken by now lol.

why? how come OS dp with ryu can beat my fp tk and lk burn kick and ive even been tagged before out of ex seismo feint (although rare case id imagine, i dont try it often). i cant imagine it being a world of difference with akuma. tokido dosent seem to have an issue os’ing viper.

Ryu and Gouki can OS Viper very easily. Safe-jump OS DP even beats seismo feint because the DP is still active before the invincibility runs out and Viper is able to block.

Ding. I like it when I see this attitude towards the game.

I grow weary of people who lament Akuma’s ‘brainless’ vortex when they clearly don’t have the faintest understanding of how it works and what his options (and guesses) actually include VS specific characters.

In the words of Zack De La Rocha - know your enemy.