SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

about the dudley changes, the “air jab can now cross up” part, is it a mistranslation?

if it does cross up like it says, then the hitbox would have to extend to his knee. or are the developers changing his air jab normal into a completely different one?

also if you don’t mind, can you change
• Standing Roundhouse counterhit is now +7
into
• Standing Roundhouse counterhit is now +7, restored like it was back in Super.

thanks.

I see the title has been changed to “Final Vers.” have we received word that there will be no final change list posted and that the ones for Alpha and Beta are the ones going into the full release?

I don’t really see more versions past 2012… by then, they’ll have SFxT that they’ll need to rebalance, because that game looks like a hot mess of balance problems and will probably require some more work after it comes out. They’re not even charging for 2012, so there’s no monetary gain to be had… they can’t milk these balance patches if they don’t charge for it.

I think 2012 will probably be the last version of AE, unless they feel the need to charge money for a 2013… which seems pretty unlikely, given SFxT next year.

I think SSF4 will outlive SFxT and the new SF character-models like Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Elena, etc. will be backported and adapted to SSF4 (AE v. 2013 or Final Edition).

I agree with you (other than the backporting thing) unless they create some kind of netcode miracle with SFxT.

Fixed the Dudley change. The air jab cross up is from the developers blog so im not sure why they said that if it already crosses up?

I fixed the title guys, but I meant FINAL like this was the last of the updates for 2012 not the final version of SSFIV AE. Sorry about the confusion.

what an ignorant thing to say

the world ends in 2012

I was 50/50 until they decided that we’d all turned Bisexual and would give us “Gems” to collect.

SF4 all they way til X-box 720.

It looks like SF4 isn’t going anywhere for a while…:shake:

With the last one, are they trying to say that they are trying to cut out the disparity? (with Gems…?)

I think that is what they are saying, yes.

I don’t see why it’s so essential that it isn’t a separate mode. I wanted to see this game played competitively, but this doesn’t look like it’s going to do much to encourage the game to take off.

Even if this stands, the game will still be bound by rules. Rules that good players can take advantage of. You would have to think that in the end, certain characters would be optimal with certain gems. It’ll just take a hell of a lot longer to learn.

I don’t like it though. It’s starting to go against what fighting games are all about. SF4 is already borderline with Ultra’s.

I wish it was more like back in the alpha days :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t get me started. Any anticipation I had for that game went out the window the second Ono and crew started talking about this Gem nonsense. It’s disgusting. Throw teching too hard for ya’? HERE’S A FUCKING GEM.

hahaha, input shortcuts were still too difficult to perform for most in SF4, here come “zero input” moves !

still not sure how a mirror match is a “problem”. Wouldn’t they be the pinnacle of game balance?

Yup, mirror matches are a problem. As if playing an opponent where you essentially have the same moves, and having advantageous skills wasn’t enough being a pivotal factor. You have fucking Gems to balance it out. OH YEAH!

Mirror matches are considered boring. It wouldn’t surprise me if they base these things on some kind of focus group data.

Maybe that is what they think. But I have always liked them. It really shows who is better since both players have access to the EXACT same tool set. It’s the height of balance if that’s what people are looking for.