SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Sagat will grind him into dust and he will never win a major. Talkin bout Hakan of course.

I’m not saying he’s gonna be top tier. I’m just trying to say that with his 2012 changes he may have some dominant matchups for a change. He’ll be viable to say the least.

i dunno man. im not trying to be a debbie downier but id like a pair of those glasses some of the hakan players view this game with. that set up he has against seth would probably make me rip my hair out though.

All I’m saying is that the strategy against Hakan is going to have to change now, and his matchups are going to change as well.

And yeah, that Seth setup is dirty.

Being the aggressor and having a good oki game gets you far in the current metagame so, I don’t believe it is much of a stretch to assert that Hakan could provide results when all his technology is iron’d out.=

I do.:c and probably the only one…

FREAKING LOL’D.

The best I can see them being used is as a meaty after certain set ups.

The Makoto Hayate charge buff or the Dudley FADC Rose buff?

Hayate.

10 char

Still too slow. Level 4 and 5 hayates are the only ones that got changes that would affect a meaty setup (level 3 only got a movement range buff.) and level 4 and 5 hayates are too slow charge time wise.

Level 4 hayate takes a minimum of 44 frames of charging + 8 frames startup after button release (if you are using LP)
Level 5 hayate is 64F charging minimum + 8F startup with LP.

Also according to the dev blog, they only upped the HP level 5 hayates damage from 170-190. Because LP/MP are 150/160 respectively. A HP level 5 hayate takes 64+20F

A level 3 focus takes 64F total. How often have you ever seen a level 3 focus used outside of a dizzy? Also at 84F startup (with NO super armor, and can still be blocked.) there is no viable setup that could use it, there isn’t a knockdown that last long enough to charge to level 5 much less release, and even if there was it is hugely telegraphed and can still lose to simply spamming a jab since it doesn’t gain super armor like Balrogs stuff.

It isn’t that there is “better” stuff you can do, its simply that there is no situation you CAN do this in.

Sorry if I sound hostile, it is just irritating to have a “buff” that is simply BAD. Even Akuma’s teleport +dmg ultra is better than this because that is more “why would you ever do that when you can do this.” when Makoto’s is “how could you ever actually do this against a person who is in the same room as you?”

Actually it looks like Makoto has enough time to charge hayate to at least lvl 4 after a couple of her knockdowns. Hayate is not as sensitive to distance as lvl 3 focus is.

Since lvl 4’s are safe, you probably fool around between meaty hayates and doing fakes. It also does a ton of chip. It doesn’t seem like a great buff, but it’s not completely worthless.

After backthrow:
59F: Adon
60F: Others
61F: Blanka, Dhalsim, Claw, Sagat
65F: Hakan

Backthrow has 20F recovery

After EX oroshi:
68F: Others
69F: Sagat, Cammy
70F: Blanka

EX Oroshi has a 19F recovery

After U1:
89F: Others
90F: Sagat, Cammy
91F: Blanka

U1 has a 47F recovery

After HP oroshi:
73F: Others
74F: Sagat, Cammy
75F: Blanka

HP Oroshi has a 14F recovery

SO the 52F required for a LP level 4 Hayate will only work with Oroshi and only BARELY. And keep in mind, there is no indicator for when you reach level 4 only for reaching level 5, so you need to do it by sense entirely. And you only have about 2F room for error where you wont eat an invincible reversal.

Has there been any news on whether or not we are getting any more changes for AE version.2012 and if so is it known when will we be able to see them before it hits in December?

…I was hoping there would be more buffs for Dan… :frowning:

No announcement yet. We’re all just playing the waiting game now.

The waiting game sucks… lets play hungry hungry hippos!
[media=youtube]kVWdf1Ky2bI[/media]

Mr Plow is OP

My only hope for this buff is that you can use higher level hayates in combos. Particularly after s.MP. I’m sure we can get maybe a level 3 MP Hayate after a s.HP if we can already get a Level 2. A level 4 would be ideal lol but probably pushing it (talking just frames here). It would be nice if we can get level 3s off of HP and level 2s off of MP/MK. though.

However, in the game now, the way the frame advantage is, her voice makes the sound closer to level 3, so I was wondering if that was one of the stealth buffs. cause if its the case, then with the +2 stun she’ll be able to do a combo like s.HP, Hayate cancel, s.MP, Level 3 Hayate, FA 2 crumple into whatever. Would be nice to be able to add another 1f link to the bunch lol…

The recovery frames don’t generally work like that. If a move changes its properties on whiff/block/hit (like command grabs, throws, ultras, or even blanka ball), the listed recovery in the frame data is generally the whiffed animation, unless the blocked animation happens to be the same.

Besides, the quoted numbers are relative to when Makoto actually recovers from a successful hit. So after U1, Makoto really does have 89f to do whatever she wants.

Lets assume that the hayate charge buff ISN’T as worthless as I think it is. Nothing is stopping Makoto players from using these meaty hayate setups currently, they didn’t change the startup or charge times for the buff, yet I’ve never seen it or seen anyone do any write ups about doing it. Why not?

It was hard to make them safe on block and Makoto has a ton of other setups she can do off her knockdowns anyway. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s a great buff, but it’s not completely worthless, just highly situational.

170 is a lot of chip. It’s a little over 40 chip damage.