SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Honestly I don’t think people do. Why play when you can talk?

goes back to training mode

The spacing is a lot more strict though. It was -7 on block point blank, now it is -10 on block.

Man…I have been playing Sagat since Vanilla, and SF2…and I remember the shit storm I used to get walking into the Seattle arcade to play Sagat in SFIV, and to see him destroyed by super, yet I continued to play him. Everyone was so happy when SSFIV was announced, and like everything else in life, people become nostalgic, claiming SFIV is better because 2 years have gone by and today’s problems are in front of them while they forget about yesterdays.

Anyways, did you guys notice AE 2012 is coming out in 2011? Arnt you guys excited? I know I am! Cody is going to be so good, at least on paper it looks that way.

hmm, ive made it quite obvious that i play Vega, and ive played the asshole since Vanilla. I played him Vanilla knowing he was a big pile of shit that would never amount to anything in that game.

Looks like someone is a moron with no critical thinking skills,

hey i heard fox is claiming they lost a man, must be you

remove the damage on Ultra and suddenly O.Sagat isn’t that big of a deal. Vanilla characters, especially Sagat could be more tolarable if that specific combo did less damage. Lower ultra damage, then you can focus on the really stupid shit that people should be crying about.

I really don’t how people can stand and blame the Ultra combo, when Sagat’s real problem was st.lk.

You listen to fox news. Who’s the real winner here?

hey its another ass hat. Try again.

Someone takes himself too serious.

HOLY Fucking shit I didn’t know this was 4chan!!!

Save me Duck Dodgers.

Honestly, I don’t visit 4chan. I just feel old memes are about all this conversation with you is worth.

I agree. We aren’t going back to Vanilla so it’s pretty irrelevant.

So, do you think they’re still holding out on us with a few changes? I mean, they randomly tossed in a few more changes into the last dev blog after the loc tests and generally speaking we never get full changelogs from these things.

I fully expect (and hope) that there is one more change log before release. I can’t imagine they’d do one last Loc test and then just go “welp, all done. send it to cert and ship!.”

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbgHt9fII2o5FyQqlwAJe8FeGwvPV5k5uNEW2WZsu62Zb94B0R

Will there even be a third set of changes, or was this all?

I’m sure there will. I know there won’t be anymore loc tests for the final product for obvious reasons (don’t want any one to have the unfair advantage of getting to play the revised versions months before everyone else.) One thing they did say was they were just going to be minor tweaks. However, I feel with the previous list of changes this is going to change how the game is played to a fairly decent degree. Some characters’ overall play style have shifted, some way more than others. (Hakan being the prime example.)

I’m really looking forward to the final list. And I really hope they reveal ALL of the changes and not do this “find the stealth buffs” game they always do. Just give me all of the information I need so I can go on with my life and devise a game plan. All I want to know from this list is if the characters I play Dudley, Guy, DeeJay(I’m not going to hold my breath), and Rose are going to be tournament viable (I don’t have to worry about Cammy she already is and will probably start seeing more love since the twins are getting nerfed. That or everyone will go to Rufus.)

I’m mostly just curious as to how they expect the hayate charge buffs for Makoto to ever be used. I seriously hope that they cut the charge time down by like 30% otherwise its the most pointless “buff” given next to Dudleys FADC rose cancel. Also I’m really curious as to how big a difference to Hakans matchups will occur with his changes or if it will turn out to simply be a matter of finding how to keep him out for 12seconds and thus ending his oil.

Yeah I lol’d at the Hayate buff and I don’t even play her. The Dudley FADC rose can have some uses but is still only a gimmick. Mash an invincible reversal and you’re out. Only good on occasions where your mixups are working well. I really want to see how Hakan’s matchups will be changed as well. I think he will have a lot of good matchups/even matchups with only like 5 or 6 bad ones. He’ll definitely be able to fight the top tiers fairly well I’d say. I really hope DeeJay get’s some good stuff to make him tournament viable. He’s my favorite character and I want to main him so badly but he’s just so bad. Well at least my favorite female character Cammy will still be good.

Hakans matchup are going to have a big shift. Take Dhalsim for instance, poor guys got his work cut out for him now. It’s not just the oil though. Oil dives now working on every character is a big plus, as well as being faster and having the ability to sail over peoples heads, as a sort of well, from point blank almost a 60-40 mixup; catching the jump, getting the uncrouchable, or sailing over their head to the other side of the screen. While losing to backdash and reversal. But even then you could still end up catching a backdash.

Opponents are now going to have to think really carefully about their strategy against him from the start of the round. You can’t let him get the first advantage, you can’t stay away and let him stack oil. You can attack him, but he has answers, although in saying that, against a really good Hakan, you’ll feel like you can’t. I honestly think the best bet is to stay patient, and don’t force anything. But that’s easier said than done. Anyway, this is all only to worry about if you face a good Hakan, and at the moment, can’t say there’s many of them kicking about sadly.

I saw that Hakan pressure vid and Oil Trap vid. Those things right there plus Hakan’s 2012 buffs could potentially spell insta-death for characters with bad reversal/wakeup options (Dudley, Guy, maybe DeeJay depending on if Hakan can grab him out of upkicks with his Oil Dive, THawk, Balrog, Bison, Cody, Blanka, Yun because the Dragon Kick nerf, Makoto, Juri, Chun Li, Dhalsim, Vega, Rufus, El Fuerte, Abel, Gouken, Sakura, Rose, Gen, Ibuki). Not saying that these matchups are going to be in his favor but that’s a good majority of the cast that has bad wakeup options when knocked down without meter that could potentially have problems getting out of his mixups.

Of course a majority of the fight is standing up so we’ll have to see how he fares against the cast while standing, which I’d say he’ll definitely be able to handle himself. But yeah the only problem is the lack of high level Hakans. We may see some jump out of the wood works now with 2012.

people still talking like hakan is going to be viper / fei / yun except 100000000x worse than them combined? still pretty funny to me.