SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

The only character I could play in vanilla was Abel, and the Abel-Ryu matchup was not very well-developed at that point. Needless to say, facing the Ryu horde was just plain shit, and not shit that was awesome.

fuck ryu being best character…

vaniila was tight i remember that game. I think they need to make like an anniversary edition, and have every character from every version of sf4 playable. that would be cool, vanilla sagat vs ae yun i would love to play that match lol

Alot of people keep saying this, and I used to think it’d be neat as well. But I think everyone would start to hate such a game pretty quickly, once they realize that, for the most part, the vanilla top tiers would just maul everyone.

I miss doing the round house loop on Sagat scrubs and getting a pile full of hate mail. :slight_smile:

Are there any solid predictions on who will be top tier in 2012? I keep hearing Guy and Hakan, and personally I think it looks like Juri could be really good…

I gave up on character loyalty in this game a while ago so I can focus on Marvel. I plan on jumping ship from Fei if he’s not #1 anymore and I want to get a head start on my tier whoring.

(Hate me; you know you want to :p)

Vanilla Sagat would OBLITERATE AE yun and most of the other chars and then he would get counterpicked by Vanilla Gouki.

You would ONLY see those two chars. I think Gouki struggles a bit vs Yun though so maybe AE Yun could put up a bit of a fight.

Fei Long and Viper probably look the best right now. You should be fine if you don’t switch.

^This. Best SF games IMO are the ones with strong FB characters and zoning.

that just, like, your opinion man.

I like that idea as well.

Any version vs any version, but then again, I would still want the 2012 version mixed in, for 4 versions total.

Pick any one of up to 4 editions of your character. Whats not to like? Tons of choices there. Or have the option to ONLY play 2012 edition(online…etc…) built in for the nay-sayers.

lol Guy… top teir… move from Fei… oh man. You serious?

I dunno…

• 95% screen control Sagat with hilarious damage
  • Akuma knocking you down from anywhere and likely ending the round
  • Shin Dhalsim with signature Ultra trap, insane Dive kick, Magneto loops, derp head stomps, teleport from hell

Anyway, top 5 in 2012 (in no particular order)
Sagat
Ken
Viper
Akuma
Fei

i dont think you guys quite remember what eating trade ultra from sagat was like. the only people i can imagine who would want to go back to vanilla are sagat / ryu / akuma / seth players.

Yeah man I’m a Gat main and I loved beating the shit out of Gouki players im clearly better then, then I eat a random sweep and die off one knockdown or they throw out a jab to stuff something I did and I get rh looped it was the FUCKING BEST!!!

Hey waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute… :rolleyes:

The people who think Vanilla was the best game are people who haven’t played Vanilla in 2 years and have rose-colored glasses.

Super and/or AE was the best version, depending on your preference. ver2012 will be the best version they’ve made, and fortunately will also be the game that gets played for the next few years. Full stop.

The sf4 game with the best FB characters and zoning was Super easily.

Or I played Sagat and Akuma, which I did.

lul

On the real though, I loved the top three and how their matches played out. It’s no Rose colored glasses it’s just personal preference, which is something you can’t objectively argue like people try. Though, Vanilla is objectively the closest game to ST, whether that’s a good thing or not I’ll let you decide.

Super was pretty damn good too, but I think it’s pretty easy to say AE is the worst version. That’s my opinion at least.

That shit was sexy. I remember being so proud of myself for learning that combo.

Agreed. I miss top tier Ryu. And I don’t even play the fucker really.

Complete agree with you. Ryu is so basic and easy to pick up that it would be too good for scrubs. At least, Yun is a glass cannon and the scrubbiest of the scrubs usually lose once they get knocked down once. Not to mention that lots of them don’t even bother with Genei Jin/ can’t consistently combo into it, which is another plus. And no FADC-able reversals… And they have to walk forward, lol.

Scrub Yuns make me happier than Scrub Ryus.

get lost, ryu is the type of character that is very friendly but needs lots of hard work to be real good with him, i just hate when they gave him stupid bs like trade srk into ultra… the best sf are those with mid tier ryu nuff said