SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Ryu’s 2012 changes won’t put him over Akuma. I already think Sakura is pretty close behind him and Ken is pretty close to her, so maybe they’ll all be at functionally the same level? Dan’s buffs won’t be enough to put him in high tier, he’ll probably still be in mid tier country where he is now, but he’ll have better frame traps and be able to consistently do his 400 damage 670 stun combo on everyone midscreen instead of just in the corner or midscreen against only a few characters. Gouken is getting some useful buffs as well as some random ones, probably enough to put him in mid tier too. Oni might still need some help and I don’t think Evil is getting enough to move up significantly. But anyway, no, Akuma will still be one of or the best shotos, to the extent that term has any meaning in a game where even Ryu and Ken play very differently.

By the way re st hk being -2 on block, will he be close enough after doing his st hk that he can use it as a tick into super close enough that the opponent won’t be able to jump out after the super freeze?

I’m quite interested in seeing how Ryu players will adapt to the changes in AE. Buffed fireballs and HP DP means stronger zoning, and buffed cr.mk means better footsies. However, he loses a bit of damage when trying to combo into U1 because cr.mp, cr.hp xx lp DP doesn’t combo easily on all characters, so he’ll he have to switch to mp DP or to cr.mp, close st.mk xx lp HP which both do less damage than his standard non-SPS punisher. This could persuade more people to start picking U2 for some matchups, especially if you consider that it’s been buffed. I mean if the only way to score big damage off U1 is off a dizzy or a 17f SPS combo, you might as well go with U2 which does the same or more damage, and doesn’t require meter.

I see what you are saying, Akuma still one of the best so IYO Ryu, ERyu or Oni will be the worst shoto then? I think the health buffs will help the newcomers a lot.
edit: Im not sure eryu or oni were ever properly placed/discovered since they were newer, maybe they are mid tier?

Usually no. You are too far away. Most of the super set ups are based around the second hit whiffing.

Guess if I had to pick worst shoto I’d stick with the same guy I think is the worst now, and that’s Oni. But I don’t really know cause you’re right, Evil and Oni haven’t been explored enough by enough players to be sure about how good or bad they are. I talked with Combofiend a couple weeks back about Oni, told him I didn’t think Oni was very good, and he agreed but still plays Oni because he thinks Oni is just really fun to play. That’s how Combofiend is, he rarely goes for top tier or even high tier, he tends to like picking funkier mid or low tier characters. I figure if anyone has a good handle on what Oni is capable of, it’s that guy, so for him to agree that Oni isn’t very good is pretty persuasive for me.

That makes sense, plus they must be buffing them for a reason…I think his method of picking a main is a good one, someone you like and think is fun to play.

Plus there will be a less familiarity advantage there too, which I think is often underestimated.

I checked videos. Akuma stops in the air for 7frames (active included). 17 landing frames.

If done low enough, should be a total of 24+ (0-3) frames. = 24-27 frames.

Regular backdash is 25. Considering a 3f punish (grab), 28.
Not that unsafe.
Maybe Zang punishes its being used at his head`s height. Otherwise, he shouldnt be able to.

Did I miss a memo? Sagat is a shoto now?

Oh sweet lord not this again.

No no seriously. Wut?

You for to factor in the fact it takes 4 frames to jump. Gief SPD is also 2 frames.

Either way theory aside. I know for a fact both Gief and T-hawk can punish the throw attempt. I’ve seen it way too many times.

Throw IS NOT safe. Anyone who tries to say otherwise has not tried it. It loses to most reversals. Most of the random losses I have had are when I try to go for the throw and the other guy throws out a random ultra.

My point exactly.

QQ faggot

akuma players is the biggest crybabies. and i thought cammy players were bad.

cry more.

…there are Cammy players?

I know Muay Thai =/= Shotokan etc etc, but he is often grouped with the shoto’s because:
fireball special? Check.
uppercut special? Check.
Horizontally-flying kick special? Check.

So we ignore how his buttons are completely different and how Tiger Knee is fundamentally different from tatsu and can’t be done in the air?

Check?

grouping characters together arbitrarily must be done the way i want it to be done

I’m not arguing about it. I can see both points of view and didn’t mean to step on any Sagat user’s toes.

yeah guys, that shit dosent matter. they all play differently enough in this game anyway

Honestly get lost.

We are pissed over changes we feel weren’t deserved or were lazy fixes to the real problem. We weren’t whining the last two times we got nerfed.

What is worse than players who whine are the ones who try to chastise them.