SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Put it this way. If you reversal when I go for the grab I eat your reversal. If you back dash when I go for the grab it is punishable. If you Ultra when I go for the grab I eat the ultra. Basically if you do anything besides stand there it is punishable. Grab is unsafe in the truest sense of the word. There isn’t anyone in the cast who can’t punish it. Gief players back dash and SPD the grab all the time.

What people don’t seem to get is you are only safe if you perform a SAFE JUMP. The same safe jump that practically everyone else in the cast has. The only difference is we have one that armor breaks. Nearly every other mix up option is UNSAFE to some degree. So what you have to do is train your opponent to block by using safe set ups so you can try to go for the unsafe options.

The only safe options that are also mix ups are situation specific and can’t be performed off just any knockdown. So if you truly want to mix someone up you eventually have to go for an unsafe option. Akuma’s vortex isn’t brainless because one bad read will not only allow the opponent to escape, but also result in you getting punished.

DF throw deserved to be unsafe, fuck that move LOL

(abel player)

Heh hey at least we can’t OS demon off of it any more. So you can back dash it and punish it. lol

In Vanilla Abels two options were jump or block. :slight_smile:

Whoa whoa…EL showed up to give loyalsol sum mofuggin PERSPECTIVE ok?

I find it hilarious that those who complain most about akumas fs roundhouse are the same people who dont know how to deal with it.

Backdash punishes it? How much time does Akuma stops in the air?

Right now, everything can be dealt with (even Yun’s EX Lunge). Even vanilla lariat could be dealt with. It’s about risk/reward (not counting spam).

You’re one dumb mother fucker.

That is all, carry on.

I just browsed the Akuma salt thread. I lost it when I read “He’ll also EASILY be the worst shoto.”

Zangiefs Non ex green hand is negative frames on hit. I have very little sympathy for akumas. They are going to need to play smarter now and spend more time baiting and reacting and spend less time applying safe pressure. I like how most akumas footsies are just safe round house and max range sweep so boring.

i like this post.

turns on xbox to bully the world with safe rekkas

The Red Cyclone feels sympathy for no one, especially not people who can throw fireballs while jumping.

Why aren’t you guys using Akuma? You seem to think the character is really good. Isn’t this a forum for competitive Street Fighter?’

I heard that Akuma dominates every character except Yun.

And I like how zangief can kill me with and ultra and an spd once he finally manages to get in…so boring.

Just shut the fuck up please, sorry if you play one of the very few characters that can’t do shit about fs.rh. Besides, if you’re losing to scrub akumas that are mindlessly spamming it, you probably suck…neutral jump headbutt into c.lk xx ex gh for a stunned akuma.

And they also seem to think that he’s very easy to use with his braindead safe pressure. I guess people in here don’t like winning, otherwise everyone would be using Akuma instead of bitching about him…or maybe 95% of srk actually sucks at this game. Who knows…

Maybe Akuma WILL be the worst shoto with the buffs to the others? …and Ken/Sagat is already better IMO. What do you think…who will be the worst shoto?
not counting DAN even though he will be decent.

in before some Gouken mains start bitching about their character technically being a shoto or some shit.

:coffee:

:wink:

Translation of a twitter from eita:
To players who use the other characters and are happy that Akuma’s far st.HK is -2 on block, what are you so excited about? SRK and Demon utilized by the negative advantage are waiting for you.

I know it wouldn’t apply to Gief and Hawk, but I love this guy :rofl:

Does anyone know when the next list of changes will be up?

That’s actually the first thing I thought of. It’s kinda like Ken’s step kick into DP. The DPs invincible frames will beat your buttons, and he can FADC out if you block. Still, it’s probably spacing dependent and he needs meter for that so it’s not going to be that scary.

Stops for some time in the air but has a long pause upon hitting the ground.