SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

I guess the level of ignorance that people put out as soon as a change occurs on their main is significant, even me I guess, they think that it will ruin their game completely. I guess one thing that contributes to this is the fact that people always go “Oh crap…” when it happens and will just preceive to say that once a character lose this and that, they will suffer in matchups and are not willing to experiment on that change. Hell, how does ONE CHANGE on a character, change the playstyle? Sure it may turn out for the worse but a character’s playstyle should never be only one thing… that would be Ryu, since he is so predictable over these past few games. I mean if a character’s potential never is reached, what right do we have to ask for a rebalance when somewhere in a character’s arsenal is a tool effective in a situation and we never take the time to discover it? I think we were too hasty on judging AE and we decided not to discover, experiment, learn and utilise a character.

I say that when you lose something, you gain something else. It’s not likely for a character to lose something without gaining something compensate for it. And while it does look bad, it only encourages the usage of other tools that a character has. So people, please when AE 2012 lands, please do not moan, bitch, whine about a character being too strong or broken. We have driven the devs to look at any hole exploitable and anything we find about a character that if it looks broken, usually has a catch to it that we as a community should be able to find what can counter it.

If they adjust a move on a character, shouldn’t we be able to adapt by changing and utilising the change as well, instead of dismissing it entirely?

Yeah I don’t know shit about Akuma but damn the way most of you Akuma players talk you would think he went from top tier to bottom tier or somethin. He’s still good and he’s still not gonna struggle as hard as most of the other characters. He’s still good. That’s all that matters. You’ll just have to learn new setups or whatever for your vortex. Be more positive guys. Jeez.

Wasn’t the stun on all scissor kicks also buffed to 150?

yes - i completely forgot about that buff. well… reverted change would be more accurate. all scissors were already 100+50 stun in Vanilla, but bison lost that in either super or AE (i dont know which one for sure).

[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]

bison can do so much from a s.rh.

and yes, guy and e.ryu are clearly superior to akuma now.

So is everyone okay with 2012 Ryu getting a 200 damage CH HP shoryu that he can threaten to mash out of ground strings with? It just seems really dumb that the potential reward for landing a mashed SRK would ever be that high,

Sounds perfectly fine to me since there is no way to make it safe. So depending on which character you play, you could dish out 500+ damage to him on his way down.

Well Oni’s CH HP Shoryu does 180 damage. His EX CH Shoryu causes 215.

You wouldn’t have to worry about 500 damage punish since you shouldn’t be going for it if the other guy has full ultra bar. In the early part of a round though, it’s pretty close to even risk/reward though, since the other guy isn’t able to land a jump in punish, only a FA2 if they react and time it well. FA2 into heavy xx special or medium, medium xx special is generally only around the 250-280 damage mark.

Oni doesn’t have as strong zoning as Ryu, or old Ryu cr.mk. 180 damage isn’t too bad either, but 200 just seems a bit silly.

What? Are you really gonna complain about a 200 CH damage HP shoryuken when you’ve been playing SFIV for who knows how long and there are people who mash out DP fadc ultra for much more damage? Or people who just mash out raw ultras and catch your unsafe blockstrings? If you’re really that worried, just mash out chained lights/shorts so you can just punish when the Ryu mashes out a whiffed HP shoryu.

Raw ultras rarely work against blockstrings because of ultra freeze warning, and huge startup time of ultras. Chained lights is fine, but they’ll just be autoguarded and you’ll be pushed out. After a couple lights they’ll stop mashing when they see you’re obviously too far, so this doesn’t really work either. As for DP FADC, Ryu DP FADC only does like 320 damage at half bar, which is totally fine, considering he has to burn meter to do it and by that point in the match you’ve got meter yourself.

I dunno, I think you have to draw the line somewhere, and I think close to the double hundreds is a good place. I mean, Fei only had a 140 dmg DP (175 CH) with minimal extra FADC damage and that was considered too strong, so why is 160 (200) okay?

Because

1. it cannot be FADC’d
  2. it doesn’t attack on both sides
  3. the recovery time is significantly longer

in Japan, they usually blame the characters, rarely the players, especially when it comes to bad matchups.

just some random info there lol

Is Ono slowly losing his mind?

This is might be joke maybe.

His toy(a video game is a glorified toy) is “broken”.

What? Billy Blanks or Charlie?

I don’t get it… You honestly think that an SRK that does marginally more damage out of counterhit or* Slightly* more damage with CH is broken, even though you lose all potential to make it safe?

I assure you when this goes live people will still be mashing the MP SRK, for th I-frames & the FADC. HP SRK is just a punishment move now.

I used to play Akuma… i’m very dubious about how severe he’s been nerf’d. I guess we’ll just have to wait & see. Can you ONLY EX Zankou after EX Flip? i mean, can you normal zankou? because wating 2 meters just for pressure seems a bit iffy.

You can get a counter hit quite easily when you use the SRK as an anti-air. That is a big buff for the AA property of the SRK.

And yes the change was only for the EX Flip. I think that will be a gimmicky set up that is a waste of 2 bars in most applications because the only real use I can see for it is if you use the EX Flip and your opponent is ready to intercept the flip.

Not being FADCable means not super cancellable either, so it’s purely used as an AA or a punish by itself (and a combo finisher too) as it was mentioned countless times. I would be using MP SRK myself for SRKing purpose.
Btw, if you’re really willing to compare stuffs, don’t compare it as Flame kick VS SRK, compare it as Fei VS Ryu, and I’m not talking about match-up between those two.
If you’re getting a counter hit with a SRK while using it as AA, chances are that either the opponent stuck his normal out too slow that it wouldn’t even come out before landing, or you’re not hitting with the 1st~2nd active frame, which will give 60 + CH bonus instead.

There’s no guarantee that EX flip -> EX Fireball will cost 2 meters though. For example, Guy’s EX Run follow-ups have different properties from the regular run follow-ups, but they don’t cost 2 meters to perform. Fei Long’s EX Rekka has different properties, yet they don’t cost 1 meter for each hit. I feel that EX Flip will have a fireball follow-up, period, and that the follow-up will always shoot 2 fireballs. T. Hawk’s follow-up costs 2 meters (and that is straightout dumb imo), but you have to hit with the 1st one to cancel to the 2nd one.

Not true at all. I get counter hits all the time using SRK as an AA. It’s a lot easier to do than you would think. Most air moves have large start ups of 6+ frames and most good players won’t use the air normal till right before touching the opponent. For a single hit move like HP.SRK it will be a lot easier to get CHs than you would expect.

With 1st-2nd active frames? TBH, I’ve never gotten a CH when I timed SRK as late as possible, because IIRC the hitbox of Ryu’s SRK is located up at his chest level during those active frames (can’t remember 100% about this, I need to read mook again). But then again, I’m not a Ryu main. If you can do it all the time, then I sincerely respect you.

If it’s not 1st-2nd active frames, then as I said the damage is 60 + CH bonus.