SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

The amazing thing about the Tokido nerf…sorry I mean the Akuma nerf is that they decreased the damage as well. A move that is often used as the first hit in a combo gets the risk for using it increased and now does less damage. It’s now significantly less useful in literally every matchup. Shouldn’t they be increasing the damage?

Far standing roundhouse was never free pressure. It has basically been a suicide button for average Akuma players. This could actually be a stealth buff for me because I will be forced to stop using it :rofl:. The effect it has on good players won’t matter because there won’t be any of them left.

Less vortex characters is always good in my book.

…Marvel did contribute something to the quality of North American AE play. I realize that the Japanese overall are much better players but AE has been their (the Capcom community) main game since it was released.

i’'l use fei for example to answer this.

right now when fei blocks st.hk at (0), you can basiclly respond with low jab rekka and beat everything akuma does. most characters can do this, but the reward isnt as great as landing rekkas and knocking akuma to the corner. you always risk getting hit with counterhit crmp into sweep or another strh.

at -2, youre pretty much garaunteed to beat anything akuma does after you block except dp. but thats a huge risk because of the low health and akumas shitty horizontal range on his dp.

every match just got a little bit more difficult for akuma. personally, i dont think its really going to make that much difference tho at higher levels. he does have other really good buttons, and really good players dont abuse it on a regular basis anyway outside of certain matchups

Far RH nerf won’t really change the Abel matchup much because TT is 5 frames. It’s true that Akuma is at a slight disadvantage now on block and can be counterhit out of followups but Akuma can now bait attempted counters as a viable tactic.

I’m looking forward to see what more changes Dudley got for AE 2012. The Rose FADC buff actually looks pretty legit. He slightly has 3rd Strike mixups now. They just aren’t free and the Rose is more of a reset than a hit. Still some interesting things can come out of that. Also if they buff the hitbox on his jt.lk, which can cross up when spaced right, then he could have a legit crossup. Then all of my “ambiguous crossup” setups I found with him will actually be more useful. :smiley:

every character should be able to just press a button and beat whatever he would normally do next. it dosent have to be a punish to deter him from using it

Akuma can even sweep jabs, it’s just that fast. Waiting a moment for the jab to come out and then hitting that sweep button will get him a knockdown.

Just as an example, Abel’s cr.lp is 13 frames total, and Akuma’s sweep is 6 frames startup plus 2 frames negative from blocked RH, giving him 5 frames leeway on hitting the sweep.

This change is not that bad.

I’m really happy about Akuma’s vortex nerf. No more OH Palm or forward throw into vortex. Those are 2 less things for me to worry/think about. Also a lot of people have been trying to pass off the “Ex Air Fireball from his EX Demon Flip” as useless. Idk it seems pretty useful to me. For one he got a move that he can do from Marvel. So his approach with Ex Demon Flip will be able to be covered better. Also if done meaty that’s block stun(maybe potential crossup fireball on wakeup if hit deep like Ibuki?) into lot’s of pressure. An easier crossup DF dive kick might be found out too. You guys gotta think of the possibilities of things. Can’t get game breaking tech if you don’t try. It may not be what you wanted but see what you can find with it. K? X3

well i was asuming whatever button you press would reach.

youre looking at a 5 frame window to stuff his most likely follow up(cr.mp) if you are both in frame perfect theory land

5 frames is quite some frames if you’re looking to punish an attempted counter.

EX DP…
Boy, that sure was good use of two meters.

naa, it’s because everyone ( well to me ) is boring now since most of the stuff i like is either utterly garbage or removed ( ken link to sweep ).

Haha cant wait till you leave Kung fu using scrub we need all your types of people gone from this game.

Once again, you are misusing the word “scrub”. Look it up.

I’m quoting you but my reply is directed to a lot of people:

Please stop talking about stuff you clearly don’t know jack shit about. The ex df “buff” is 100% useless. I won’t even explain why because anyone with even a little knowledge about akuma, even if they don’t play him, will understand why.

Thanks

might have been more viable should they have given him an air fireball option from any df. But lol @ capcom nerfing akumas hk and buffing bisons.

good thing I already started playing e.ryu and guy, woo!

They buffed the Bison leg? I thought it was just knee press.

^
Bison buffs are:

+10 damage to the tip of his s.rh (so it’s 90 instead of 80)
+1 frame after an FADC

For the record s.rh was 120 in vanilla, 100 in super, and 110/base, 80/tip in AE. they’re simply giving back the 10dmg that was lost between super and AE but keeping the damage redistribution

any news?