SSF4 Sakura Character Specific Combos

Phantom hitboxes. Some characters have pieces of their body that are not part of this world. This include Ryu and Dictator’s right legs among others. Some can even summon invisible spirits that will magically push you back while they’re standing up from a knockdown(YES I’M LOOKING AT YOU BALROG).
Funny fact, Sakura’s hitbox changes accordingly to her little dance footsteps while she’s idling and standing up.

Anyways, shouoken>fadc>cl.hp>lk.tatsu>cr.hp doesn’t work on crouching Honda(weird uh) but you can replace cr.hp with st.lp>cr.hk(even weirder !).

yeah the sakura hitbox seems to change pretty drastically during her idle animation. I updated the sakura section of this thread, and a lot of the crouch-only combos work on her standing but only during specific parts of her animation.

So i’ve kind of repaired my ps3(it’ll probably crash in a week though…so i better resell it quickly to a store :d) and I found out air shunpu>mp.shouoken links. Tested this on Sakura, Ryu, Ibuki, Hakan so i guess it’s not character specific. Hit-confirming it might be a little tricky though. Doesn’t do much damage but it push the opponent closer to the wall.

I’ve worked on some little stuff too, like meaty hk.shunpu>st.lk. You can link a cr.hp if hk.shunpu hits CH. Next step is trying to find out timing and spacing for cross-over hk.shunpuu that hits and find out if I can link something afterward. Even if it doesn’t work it’s still a good way to punish people who like to focus on their wake-up.

oh I didn’t even realize this got stickied lol. Gotta get back on the wagon!

So I made my own punish list. This is probably the same as the above only easier to check.
I made 2 combo’s for max damage or stun (s.hp and s.mk). I did not insert any special moves so read:
s.hp > c.hp > c.hp as s.hp, lk tatsu, c.hp, lk tatsu, c.hp, tatsu/srk.

Abel - s.hp > c.hp > c.hp / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > c.hp
Adon - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Akuma - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Balrog - s.hp > c.hp > c.hp
Bison - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Blanka - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk
Cammy - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Chun Li - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Cody - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
C.Viper - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Dan - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Deejay - s.hp > c.hp > c.hp
Dhalsim - s.hp > c.hp > c.hp / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > c.hp
Dudley - s.hp > c.hp > c.hp / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > c.hp
El Fuerte - s.hp > c.hp > c.hp / s.mk > s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
E.Honda - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Fei Long - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Gen - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Guile - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk (c.hp when your really close)
Guy - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Gouken - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Hakan - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Ibuki - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Juri - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Makoto - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Ken - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Rose - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Rufus - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk
Ryu - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Sagat - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > c.hp
Sakura - s.mk > c.hp > s.lk (s.hp > c.hp > s.lk after EX SRK > FADC)
Seth - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
T.Hawk - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk
Vega - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk / s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > s.lk
Zangief - s.hp > c.hp > s.lk

it works on cammy and guile as well

I dont know if someone posted this in here but I’ll post it anyway. I learned a combo that deals a great deal of damage on a Makoto (Super or AE). You can do this Jp.Mk Crossup or Jp. HP. This combo is very useful but it will take sometime to learn. If you score a knockdown on Makoto, you have a chance to do 40-50% depending on your meter. A Makoto cannot afford to make a mistake or they will be playing catchup for the rest of the round.

Jump in Without Meter: Jp.Hp-> S.Mk -> L.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk-> Hp. Shoryu
Jump in Crossup Without Meter: Jp.Mk (Crossup)-> S.Mk -> L.tatsu->S.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk-> Hp. Shoryu

Next comes with meter. Now I’m going to break it into several parts. The first with one bar, the next with three bars.

Jump in with one Meter Bar:Jp.Hp-> S.Mk -> L.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk-> Ex tatsu
Note: When you do the ex.tatsu, you have four options: Reset, Hp. DP, Untechable Knockdown, Otoshi. Whichever you choice is up to your playstyle.

Jump in Crossup with one Meter Bar:Jp.Mk (Crossup)-> S.Mk -> L.tatsu->S.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk-> Ex. Tatsu
Note: When you do the ex.tatsu, you have four options: Reset, Hp. DP, Untechable Knockdown, Otoshi. Whichever you choice is up to your playstyle.

The next combos do from what I remember 440+ with three bars. This will take some time to master, but from personal experience, they are well worth it. As I said before it’s up to your playstyle. DO NOT END THESE WITH ULTRA DUE TO DAMAGE SCALING. I would use these combos if I had the meter to do so. Not only do they do MASSIVE damage, **they drag Makoto into the corner every…single…time. **

Jump in with three Meter bars: Jp.Hp-> S.Mk -> L.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk->Ex. Dp-> FADC->S.Mk -> L.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk-> Hp.Dp

Jump in Cross upwith three Meter Bars:Jp.Mk (Crossup)-> S.Mk -> L.tatsu->S.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk->Ex. Dp-> FADC->S.Mk -> L.tatsu->S.Hp-> l.tatsu->Cr.Hp-> l.tatsu-> S.lk-> Hp.Dp

These combos do just about 50% worth of damage. The reason that these combos work is do to the fact that when Makoto is hit, she slides back very slowly, allowing you to add more hits to your combo, that Sakura wouldn’t be able to do to others characters. Not only that but her hitbox is fat, making it even wrose for her.

Just found out combo’s similar to these do also work on Chun Li, Cammy (If I remember correctly), and Juri.

Juri: You cannot add the last part of the combo that goes **l. tatsu-> st.lk **cross up or not. It wont work on her at all. However, the Cr.Hp part will connect for the Crossup and normal Jump in Combo. So you can cancel that part, with a special move of your liking. Chose the best option.

**Example: Jump in and Cross up Combo: Jp.Hp or Jp. Mk-> St.Mk-> l.tatsu-> St.Hp->L. tatsu->Cr.Hp-> Special of you Choice (Ex. Dp, Ex. Tatsu, etc.)

Chun Li: Chun is a little harder understand. You can do the same **Crossup combos **I showed with Makoto but theres a catch. You have to do the cross up correctly and it only works with Jp.Mk from what I know. I’ll try my best to explain. When you do the cross up, you have to make sure that you hit her On top of the head. For some god awful reason, anything behind the her head and the combo will not work. If you do the crossup and combo correct, you are looking at huge damage, and when fighting Chun, you will need all the damage you can get when you can.

As for Cammy, she may not be one of the Characters it works on. I’ve tried it on all characters and I believe she was one of them. Sorry if I’m wrong. Please try this out. In AE, Makoto is much more of a danger, and with this you can make her fear a knockdown. Reply when you have tried it. I’ll make a vid, on this showing that it does indeed work.

Note: It does work on Cammy just tried it this morning. Its similar to Chun situation, but you have to hit her in the back with JP.Mk crossup. Then you will be able to pull off the same combos as Makoto.

good shit going to try that thanks dude

Need Yun and Yang specific combo… sometimes the ex tatsu misses him.

thanks for the compilation, much appreciated.

juri and guile

EX dp fadc smk tatsu shp tatsu chp tatsu st jab heavy dp.

note that slk wiffs so u must use jab

After a jump-in, can you do c.hp xx lk shunpu, c.hp xx ex shunpu on everyone? or do you still have to start it with s.hp for it to hit?

also, sometimes that works against the twins, and sometimes it doesn’t(the 2nd c.hp connects, but the ex shunpu will get blocked)… i seriously hope the ex shunpu fix for v.2012 works for that combo/situation and not just the c.lk, c.lp, c.hp…

I think cr.hp will push you further away so it’s best to go for st.hp

Yeah the ex tatsu whiffing is so annoying. Happy for that FIX (not buff :p) in AE2012

Found a weird and probably useless combo on yun, but if you want some style points, here it is:

j hk/hp > s.mp > cr.hp > lk.tatsu > cr.mk > srk

For whiffing ex tatsu, this usually works without fail for me but it requires a jump in.

st.hp > lk.tatsu > cr.hp > lk.tatsu > st.lk > srk/ex tatsu

Hopefully the fix will allow the cr.lk>cr.lp>cr.hp>ex tatsu to work

On Yun at point blank, I love st. mk xx lk. tatsu > st. mk xx lk. tatsu > cr. hp xx lk. tatsu > cr. hp xx lk. tatsu > cr. mk xx hp dp FADC st. hp xx lk. tatsu > cr. hp xx lk. tatsu > st. lk xx hp dp FADC st. hp xx lk. tatsu > cr. hp xx lk. tatsu > st. lk xx hp. dp > ultra 2.

Obviously, everything after the first FADC isn’t character specific, nor was it necessary for me to write out. However, I wanted to emphasize how my main priority here is to make Yuns hate my tatsu as much as I hate their divekicks, ex command grabs, stupid ass stand strongs, and everything else about them.

Make them sit there for a year and watch you tatsu the shit out of them.

You get extra points if you start it with a lk. tatsu before the first st. fwd

It’s also acceptable to forgo the second hp. dp FADC for ex tatsu > nj. ex tatsu > ultra 2. Same number of tatsus, and arguably more flash, albeit shorter.

EDIT: Best part about the first combo though, is that you can do it anywhere on the screen, because it literally goes corner to corner. Fuck you, Yun.

cr. jab > st. strong > cr. fierce xx lk. tatsu > cr. forward works on Makoto btw

On bison you can do:
st mk xx tatsu > st mk xx tatsu > cl st fierce xx tatsu > cr. fierce xx tatsu > whatever

> whatever? really?