SSF4 Blanka Combo Thread

@ilitirit

Right I tried doing it my method and starting with c.MK. It, as you probably already know, doesn’t combo (or at least I couldn’t get it to).

I could adjust mine to your method (LP~HP~MP~LP~LP) I reckon, but it would take a lot longer to switch Mullah’s method.

Got bored.

J.HK, st.MP, LP electricity. 286 Damage 460 Stun. This is linking into the electricity, not a cancel before someone says that doesn’t cancel. I assume you can throw on super if you do the MP as UB, but I keep messing up and not getting it.

J.HK, st.MP, st.LP, st.HK 284 Damage 480 Stun.

Pretty sure the latter is very character specific. Haven’t tried it on everyone but I think I’ve only landed it on Boxer(crouching) Rufus(crouching), Zangief(crouching), Blanka, and Honda.

Jesus crouching Honda/Rufus/Blanka are fat.
J.HK, st.MP, cr.Mk, st.HK 316 Damage 520 Stun

The jumpin/crossup MK/HK into st.MP is really easy actually, just hold up/back right as you jump and keep holding it as you land st.MP. I tested jumpin/neutral jump RH, close st.MP, ultra on about 70% of the cast and it works.

So that j.HK, st.MP, cr.MK, st.HK works against (crouching)Abel. Good option against him? I mean he can punish balls fairly easily and elec has a bad habit of whiffing on him.

Edit: Also works on Dictator and Akuma if they are crouching.

The cl.mp, st.lp, st.hk combo ended up being crap really. It whiffs too easily and you might as well just do electricity. For some reason or another doing cr.lk in place of the jab made it whiff less easily on certain characters(namely Rose), but overall it seems sort of impractical.

Just posting to say thanks a bunch for finding out Jump in attack > S.MP > Ultra. The extra frame means I can land this almost all the time, it’s much easier than C.MK, and it’s really not too hard to land once you get the timing from the jump-in attack down.

I also want to say I’ve been using neutral throw > hop into Super using Hard punch pretty successfully. Even though it looks like you land on them, it’s always a cross-up. I really don’t remember where I learned this from, but I just want to add that to his bag of tricks. It gets pretty crazy when you start pushing them into the corner, pretty ambiguous.

Honestly, I don’t remember seeing a list of things that Blanka can do after a throw, which is most of his game. I like to mix it up with: Take a slight step forward, then jump in and start a MK > LP > Elec combo, slightly ambiguous cross-up, makes a normal jump-in look deceptive. There’s also LP Ball, depending on the timing of their wake-up, you can land on either side of them, which you can then lead to poke/elec/throw. And of coarse ambiguous Ultra/Super.

Sorry if this has been posted, I’m sure it has, but I’d rather at least 1 person who wasn’t aware of this learn something new. I’m just too giddy over Super coming in a couple months.

Mix that with the Front throw > hop > mp super for a real 50/50. They look 98% alike, only mp doesnt cross up.
Props to my boy Scumbag Luey on that one.

Combo Video!

[media=youtube]s0jzoQb-Hug"[/media]

^^ Not bad. That audio was killing me though lol.

Can someone help me out with the combos involving canceling your landing frames and doing an u/b cl.mp? Every time i do it i just get the rock crusher. Am i just not inputting the MP soon enough?

if you werent inputting the mp soon enough, you would get jump back mp. you are probably not holding up enough when you are holding up/back. Right as your jump in lands, hit the mp.

Crossups:

257 damage-cross up MK >> close MK(2 hits) >> s.LP >> s.LP >> H Blanka Ball

Non Crossups:

269 damage-j.HK >> c.LK >> s.LP >> EX Electricity
297 damage-j.HK >> c.MK >> c.LP >> s.LP >> H Upball
302 damage-j.HK >> c.MK >> s.LP >> HP Electricity
312 damage-j.HK >> close MK(2 hits) >> s.LP >> HP Electricity(character specific? corner only on some characters?)
319 damage-j.HK >> close MK(2 hits) >> s.LP >> EX Electricity
328 damage-j.HK >> s.MP >> s.LP >> H Blanka Ball >> FA
478 damage-j.HK >> close MK(2 hits) >> s.LP >> HP Electricity >> Super(corner only)
479 damage-j.HK >> c.MK >> s.LP >> HP Electricity >> Super(corner only)
494 damage-j.HK >> s.MP >> s.LP >> Super
538 damage-j.HK >> s.MP >> s.LP >> H Blanka Ball >> Super

Crumple:

279 damage-FA Crumple >> Dash Forward >> c.LK >> s.LP >> HP Electricty

Crossup:

262 Damage j.mk >> cs.mp >> s.lp >> hp Electricity Only works on Gouken, Dhalsim , Blanka, Chun li, Guile, Rufus.

Non Crossup:

312 Damage j.hk >> cs.mp >> s.lp >> hp Electricity. Doesn’t work on Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Seth, Vega, Balrog, Able, C.viper, Sakura.
492 Damage j.hk >> cs.mp >> s.lp >> hp Electricty >> Super ( Corner only) Doesn’t work on characters directly above.

Crumple:

319 Damage FA Crumple >> Dash Forward >> cs.mp >> s.lp >> hp Electricity. doesn’t work on Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Seth, Vega, Balrog, Able, C.viper, Sakura, Zangief, Rose.

Also i don’t really know if this is known already but on counter hit fs.mp can combo into c.mp, and I’m guessing since its going to be faster in super, you’ll be able to hit c.hp off of counter hit fs.mp

in vanilla you could do this combo and i think in SSF too, didnt try it yet!

jHK -> closeMK -> LP -> LP xx ball xx SUPER (10 hit)

i dont know if it works on everybody cuz i have a hard time pulling that combo off!
closeMK -> LP is a 1 framer
and xx ball xx super is hard cuz blanka barely touches the enemy with the last LP, so the -> HP <- -> HP motion is TRICKY!!

PS: does this combo work??

jHK -> crLK -> crLK -> crLK -> LP xx ball xx SUPER

cuz it should have the same distance problems like the one above

It should, I’ll try later. I know the 10hitter JHK > MP > cMK > LP > Ball > Super works.

jHK -> closeMK -> LP -> LP xx ball xx SUPER (10 hit)

works

You can even add another LP in there before roll, but not sure if super works with another lp.

I have updated the Ultra 1 combos with their new damage and have added Ultra 2 combos.

Let me know if I am missing something or made a mistake.

I’m pretty sure s.mp, Ultra is a 2 frame link. Was it changed in SSFIV?

jHK -> crLK -> crLK -> crLK -> LP xx ball xx SUPER works!!!

another nice 10 hitter!
nobody should complain blanka hasnt combos :smiley:

that combo sucks though

It is 2 frames. I fixed it on the front page.