SSF4 AE Rose Match-up Thread

i wish i could use U1 more often. i hate it when i get baited against ryu and akuma when they jump ex air tatsu even tho i anticipated the jump.

they wont ex air tatsu unless they see your ultra flash.

and you shouldn’t ultra unless you see that they don’t have the ability to EX Air Tatsu lol.

I updated the front page with the Guile match-up, check it out!

Note: I had to separate the match-ups into two posts, since I got an error that the post was over 20,000 characters :(. I may need more room soon.

What’s the next match-up everyone would like for me to put up?

I fail to see how Rose could OS without jumping or close mk…there are some character specific OS yes but not much…no ?

I think we began talking about chun li WAYYYYYY back but never got to the bottom of it.

you can’t option select anything with st. mk.

jab, sweep is an option select, >.>

cr. short EX Spiral

cr. short Ultra

y’know? >.>

How exactly do you OS stuff on the ground? I tried jab~sweep the other day the same way I do j.hp~ultra/ex spiral and it wasn’t working. :X

ok true…

but vs viper or abel (or any ex command grabs): st.mk -> U1 isnt considered an OS ? >_>

cr.lp, cr.lp+cr.hk

if your 1st cr.lp hit than the other cr.lp will too
if your 1st cr.lp whiffed than cr.hk will come out

this is how I do it

Awesome, thanks. Now I can finally fucking pressure Makotos. >:[

I don’t do the one cerb does, instead I do.

cr. lp, cr. lk + cr. rh.

I’m having a lot of trouble with Dhalsim. He’s already really hard for me, regardless of which character I choose. However when I’m Rose I have no idea how to get in there and deal damage if he keeps playing keep away, running away, or teleporting. o_O

yes this also works. I alternate between the 2 actually

When it comes to the jab -> sweep OS, I do cr.lp, cr.lp + c.rh as well. I have to test that out with cr.lk.

Rose vs. Dhalsim can be a difficult match-up, but the key thing you will need is patience. Against him, walk forward and block. If you’re within jump range, punish with j.HP if he attempts to do a fireball. If he hits you with his j.FP, close the gap as quickly as you can, as he has a good amount of recovery on it. Once you’re in, stay in.

I tend to play the fireball war a bit vs dhalsim. After getting some meter what I try to do is get him to throw a fireball, reflect it back to him and start walking forward to close the gap. if he didn’t throw another fireball to cancel the one I reflected earlier it allows me to jump on him otherwise he will get hit by the fireball. when I walk forward if I see him jump I also try to dash -> ex soul throw.

As long as I get the chance to reflect a yoga fire I try to close the distance between me and him

Also, even if he’s at close range and he does, crouch forward xx fireball/tatsu, you can still do exspiral or u1.

Just the shoryuken becomes a true blockstring; but it’s an unsafe true blockstring.

I do it in matches all the time >.>

I find U2 definitely useless :(.

I hate where the orbs start.

It pisses me off to no end.

i love orbs. i use U2 more often. FADC U2 combo. corner damage. anti air juggles into soul throw. crossup after backthrow trick. other tricks like activate U2 soul throw (orbs rotation reverse) = tandem sucking property :eek:.

also its priceless when you throw while both orbs are active.

i use U1 against blanka and honda tho.

about that slide vs adon…is it corner only or anywhere ?