SSF2T/MvC2/KoF2002 on location at Full Tilt Ice Cream (Ballard)

Hey guys, some of you might remember me as the operator of the games at the old Pink Gorilla arcade on the Ave. I’m excited and happy to report that I’ve finally found a new location and will be bringing in some of the arcade cabs from the PG days.

Full Tilt is a great location for a variety of reasons. They are all-ages AND serve beer ($2 cheap beer / $4 “good” beer), they’re open until 11pm weeknights and midnight on weekends, and they have an overall great punk/DIY ethos with cool staff. Oh, and the ice cream rocks too. And they have public restrooms! They’ve been around in White Center for a few years but the Ballard location just opened a few months ago. They are mostly pinball focused and I’ll be putting out around 12 pinball machines, but I’m also going to bring in a sort of “greatest hits” of the PG arcade lineup – probably around 10 games with a handful of candy cabs and some other favorites (Pop’n, Bishibashi, etc. No DDR!)

For those who don’t know, the ST is in a candy cab (used to be in a New Astro, but at Full Tilt it’ll be in a Blast City) with Sanwa controls, and MvC2 is in a 33" showcase with 360 sticks and convex buttons. KoF is in an upright Neo cab and I’ve been working hard at fixing the resetting issue it had at PG, so hopefully that is resolved.

Anyway, I don’t even really know the state of the scene right now or whether these games are still appealing to you guys with MvC3 and AE and such out there, but I’m gonna put them out and see what happens. I should be rolling them out within the next week or so, so I’ll post an update when I do. Hope to see some of you there!

Congrats Bobby on the new location.

Hey Bobby, congrats on getting all the cabs set up again. I’ve never been to Full Tilt (Other than the tiny one at U-District) but I will have to stop by.

Be sure to post up on the Northwest Street Fighter Page on Facebook. Most of Seattle SRK (read = all of them) have moved to going there to organize and chat. About 300 people are in the group.

Uhhh wow that is dope. Someone alert “The Asian Sensation” Brian MA.

Gonna head there tonight to check it out. I will be there after 9 or so.

Like I said on FB (lol!), I am down for next week if its all in place.

Aye I’m finna be there Thursday evening for a test run, they close at 10pm. Unless peeps are down for a Friday/Saturday session where they close at midnight. Whatever who gives a shit I need to play some marvel.

Thursday it is, 6:00PM. Brian MA invitational will be taking place. Loser gets suplexed.

Hit me up when Doughboy starts having sessions again.

Fuck this site, for real. I love logging in, typing, then being told “you need to log in to do that”. FB is the lesser of the two evils.

^same here, hope they fix it…sad, I bet logging into this site WITH your facebook would work fine? </3

I assume ST will be present, so bring Blake with you. He needs to validate his existence by winning in a game nobody plays. Bring your azn gf so she can be bored out of her mind. Grown ass men hanging out the fucking ice cream shop. Fucking shit.

Fixed.

No comment re: dissing ST. >_>

Good games, guys. Nice to see everybody!

Ballard has become a very different place from the one I remember.

Good shit everyone that was dope as fuck. Had I not some bullshit mexican soap opera drama to handle, I would have have stayed until close and said my goodbyes. Thankfully no one was stabbed or shot as a result. Also, shout outs to Bobby. The marvel and ST cab are in excellent shape. I got to drink beer, eat an embarrassing amount of ice cream, and play old ass games. It was great!

Any interest in doing this again this week?

I’m down. There gonna be some KOF XIII?

Umm no, it’s an ice cream shop. However, they do have kof2002 on a neo geo cab. Someone try to play me on that, get raped, and then blame it on the lack of japanese sticks/buttons. I know I’m old, but not that old. I feel that there are people in the scene who never touched happ parts. That is sad to me for some reason.

OK, you and me, ft10, $500, 30 minutes, each man picks his own flavors. As I recall, they have fresas just for you.

Will take side bets on this.

Would have had me if there was 2002UM, but the only cool OG KOFs are '97 and '98. OG 02, no thank you.

The Striker KOFs look sick tho’.

King of Fighters XIII.