Springfield, MO - No, really, we play fighting games here!

Haha, sure man, come on down if you’ll be in the area! Some of us will be in KC this weekend as well.

Yeah it’s really weird at first, trying to figure out what’s a cross up, what’s a low hit, when to punish, etc. It was great though, you could really see us adapting to each other. The game gives you so many options to mix it up. It’s not just “oh, this is the time I do my one move to get out of pressure”.

Lag does kinda suck - I think I did maybe 3 combos total the whole time we played. I think I’m getting the feel for it though.

You are welcome to join us anytime Player. Looking forward to fighting against you.

Glen when you come down I hope I have some time to get some games in with you. Even though I will probably get toasted I will still try to win.

Hope to see you there.

Good times in KC fellas. Still got a long way to go for me, but it was a good time as always.

I’m going to come back with Ibuki. Looks like I was able to catch everyone at the tournament with a suprise this time. But next time I can expect them to get out of my mixups. Looks like I’ll have to change my fighting style a bit with Ibuki. I’ll still mixup but I’ll add some other elements I can come up with. Nice seeing everyone there.

Alright, got the results of yesterday’s tourney here:

1: Sang
2: Josh
3: Alex
4: Sala
5: Zenkix (Aniel)
5: DrunkNinja (Torrey)
7: eVile (Dennis)
7: Masaki
9: Ryan Swain
13: Dustin

Good games last night, guys! Definitely saw some good matches, and it looks like people are stepping up their game!

Also, I updated the OP with current ranking info and a link to the spreadsheet I’m using to keep track of it all. If you notice an inconsistency, please let me know.

Great job on the rankings, man. And good games to everyone last night.

So…arcana heart 3 rankings? :stuck_out_tongue:

GG’s to everyone, can’t wait for next week.

The reflex is a lonely child

I’m sure I’ll be even more out of practice than normal on Monday, but I’ll try to be there.

And just think, another week and it’ll be MAHVEL BABY! Okay, yeah, technically the game doesn’t come out until Tuesday, but I’m banking on a little internet magic on that one :wink:

How weird, I picked up SSF4 about a week ago and was wondering if Springfield had a fighting game scene at all.

I should have known Metagames was holding this sort of thing, they do everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

Although I’m incredibly terrible at the game I’ll try to make it to one of these tournaments and hanging out with some bros.

Absolutely man, come on out when you can! Things are gonna get real hype here in the next few weeks, what with MvC3 and all, of course we’ll still be playing SSF4 though.

And we’re not officially with Metagames or anything, they’re just kind enough to put up with us every Monday night:china:

http://shoryuken.com/f7/aerial-rave-3-3-ucc-marvel-edition-feb-19-st-louis-mo-263536/

Hey Springfield be sure to hit up Missouri 1st Marvel Major! :wink:

Alright, latest results are up:

1: Zenkix (Aniel)
2: Warden (Clint)
3: Alex
4: Josh
5: Sala
5: Sang
7: Fenske
7: Tom
9: eVile (Dennis)
9: DrunkNinja (Torrey)
9: Dustin

GGs everyone, and count on a little MAHVEL BABY next week!

this game is dirty! get hype! I wont be there monday since it’s valentine’s day and all but I’ll see you all the next week :smiley:

X-23, Wolverine, Dormammu

X-23 is too good hops all day and Berserker Slash Crossup into Weapon X Hyper

MvC3!

Hey all! I was referred to this thread through the Metagames forum (and Jeff Winters) and thought I’d let you all know about something we are trying at the local Best Buy here in Springfield on Monday when MvC3 officially launches.

We will be having a midnight launch event for the game and are planning on trying a tournament out at 10pm that night until the game launches. I do have the ability to give out Best Buy gift cards as prizes but will need to see what kind of turnout we have before I can commit to an amount!

It will be fun regardless so if you are planning on heading out to pick up your game that night just leave Meta about 10 minutes before they close and head over to Best Buy to play some games and maybe win a prize before you pick up your game.

Also, we will be at VisionCon and are planning on hosting a MvC3 tournament on February 18 at around 9pm in our gaming suite we will be hosting there all weekend. Stop by and check it out!

Thanks for your time guys. Look forward to meeting you there!

Cool man, I’ll see if any of the crew this Monday is interested. One question though: will we be able to bring our own controllers or will we have to use the ones provided by the store? Main reason I ask is because nearly everyone here plays on an arcade stick.