Spokane, WA - Game On relocating, fight nights temporarily cancelled

I go to SCC so I can try and see if the gaming club there would be willing to host something. I’m pretty sure at least a few play fighting games so some would be interested.

I’m gonna be gone though, tomorrow I fly out to Cali. I’m visiting my Dad and I won’t be back in Spokane till mid-ish September when fall quarter starts.

Just trollin’ this thread like a mofo to keep things alive; SFCC club had trouble with prizes and esp. anything to do with money which was a downer :wink: but it was fun. hey shoutouts to house of paincakes for looking for a venue; gl with that, honestly I think a sizeable living room would serve better, esp. for the money side of things. Anyway let’s keep these ideas rolling.

Heh, thanks for the shoutout Katsuro!

What exactly was the trouble with money/prizes at the SFCC club? Did it have something to do with the school’s involvement? I would just like to know more details just to try and prevent something similar from happening.

A living room COULD suffice for now, but we are already looking at 12+ people. I think you would need a pretty big living room just to support that and I’m really hoping this thing will expand and get bigger.

A buddy of mine on the Penny Arcade forums started a fight club in his hometown a few months ago and only started with 6 people. Now they are up to 30+.

Hey all! The WSU scene has really started taking off. We’ve decided on weekly Saturday night events at my friend George’s place at 8:00 in Pullman. We should usually have 2 tvs going for now, one with a PS3 and two TE sticks, one with 360 and sticks depending on who shows. Last time we had 10ish people and two of them had 360 TE sticks, but they may not always be able to make it. Bring your own stick if you want to be safe. Our gang is pretty friendly so it shouldn’t be a problem if someone wants to borrow a stick, but if you have them, you might want to bring em if you don’t mind sharing as well. If anyone is interested in joining up for a sesh, call George at 509-230-7175. We’re starting this Saturday! We’ll prolly start with casuals and friendly tourneys for a while and then move on to low-$ buy in tourneys when our crew becomes fairly regular.

If the Spokane-area crew wants to come down and join, we’re all for it! We may need to find a bigger space as well depending on interest, but if you guys want to come just call George beforehand so we can start planning. The other guys are (finally) starting to activate their SRK accounts so they should start posting up soon! Also, if you guys have figured out your plans, maybe we can work out a bi-weekly thing where sometimes we go up there or ya’ll come down here. All that is speculation so far but we’re really trying to get down to business and level up the East Side! Post or call if you guys wanna hang.

That’s cool to hear you guys got a good crowd going. How is it with only having two TVs and 10ish people? It sounds like you guys are going to have to think about expanding to a new location if it gets much larger.

Thanks for the invite but I know that I wouldn’t be able to drive down there just for a SSF4 gathering, no idea about the other guys though. With that being the case, if our Spokane group wanted to drive down there then someone else would have to organize car-pooling and all that, but I would be happy to advertise you guys. I was looking at hosting our events every two weeks so if we could alternate our get-togethers then those that are willing to make the trip could do both.

Unfortunately, still no word from Hastings.

Hey House just pointing out how off campus, residential places are more conducive to moneymatching, cash prize pools. School orgs have rules, like they can’t give out cash, don’t wanna see cash changing hands, etc. HOWEVER size/space may become an issue but I don’t meet many players these days, but of course I do hope we get something of a scene going. Wow I make little sense…
BTW finally got around to making an xbox account

Yeah, I can see your point. My friend that I mentioned earlier who started something similar is actually hosting his events at Hastings too and they don’t have a problem with them doing buy-in tournaments. This is across the country though, so hopefully they have the same attitude here.

Shoot me an XBL invite, gamertag is HousOfPaincakes. I have hardly played at all in the last few weeks due to Starcraft 2 but I think it’s time I get back in the game!

Hey guys, just a reminder: Pullman Fightnight this Saturday at 8:00! Check my earlier post for info.

I have a suggestion in case the Hastings idea falls through. Maybe at a restaurant or something would host. I know a lot of them will host anything that promises food sales. Just a thought! (And just trying to busy up the thread!)

Do you have any specific ideas of a restaurant that would be hosting? I think the big problem is most restaurants aren’t going to have the extra floorspace to host something like this, and most probably aren’t going to want a bunch of yelling gamers bothering other customers.

Although now that I think about it, there is a bar I have some connections with. They have a back room that they typically wall off unless it’s rented out. I might be able to work something out with them, but the catch is that we would 100% be responsible for ALL of our own equipment. They have several TVs in that room but they’re all mounted high up and wouldn’t really work for gaming.

Thanks for the idea though! Let me know if there’s somewhere in particular that’s you’re thinking of. I’m going to call Hastings tomorrow and find out if the manager has heard anything because it’s been about two weeks since I spoke with him.

Players and spectators has a space. Not sure if they have tvs or anything back there, I could check next time i’m in the Valley.

Hey, this thread has been dead for a while.

Any news?

Hey guys.

I’ve been extremely busy the last few weeks and haven’t even been able to think about this. However, I just called up Hastings again and the store manager still has not heard from their district manager. That’s a little ridiculous considering I gave him the proposal almost two months ago. I’m going to start looking into other locations again now that my schedule isn’t so full.

Oldbean - you mentioned Players and Spectators. Did you look into that at all? It might be difficult to secure a spot there on a Friday night unless it is otherwise not used. Could be worth a shot though!

On another note, I got to play Katsuro last night for a bit on XBL from Moscow, ID. I got thoroughly trashed by his Ryu. He’s no longer allowed to come to the fight club :rofl:

Don’t worry Paincakes… He trashes all of us lol

Heh, I’m not too surprised. His execution was extremely tight. I did get one game on him though! It’s weird to play a Ryu like that when there are so many awful ones on XBL.

I’m officially comfortably moved into eastern in Cheney - contacting gaming clubs and possibly starting my own for fighting games (we’ll see) but I’ll have internet on Friday and will hopefully be able to meet some of you guys online soon. I’ll hopefully be able to host some in person sessions and make it to yours as well!

Hey gimpy, wanna give me you contact info? We can set something small up on the weekends in Cheney, been dying to play new people.

<3 u guys too XD
I’m jonesin for that A-rank this week on xbl so hit me up for matches anytime, I am training a lot :slight_smile:

You live in Cheney bean?

yeah, I live in cheney.