All moves here are set on the ground -

Neutral Square - 5
Up Square - 15
Down Square - 20
Side Square - 30 (non charged)

Neutral Triangle - 20 (and crumples)
Up Triangle - 10
Down Triangle - 5 (and stuns)
Side Triangle - 20 (and lifts opponent in the air)

Neutral Circle - 5
Neutral Circle - 25 (mashed)
Up Circle - 0 (teleport)
Down Circle - 10 (charge lv 1)
Down Circle - 20 (charge lv 2)
Down Circle - 30 (charge lv 3)
Side Circle - 10 (uncharged)
Side Circle - 5 (charged but also stuns)

All moves here are set in the air -

Neutral Square - 5
Up Square - 15
Down Square - 20
Side Square - 10

Neutral Triangle - 20 (causes wallbounce)
Up Triangle - 10
Down Triangle - 10 (and stuns)
Side Triangle - 20

Neutral Circle - 4
Neutral Circle - 21 (mashed)
Up Circle - 0 (teleport)
Down Circle - 10 (lv 1 charge)
Down Circle - 30 (lv 2 charge)
Down Circle - 40 (lv 3 charge)
Side Circle - 30 (uncharged)
Side Circle - 30 (charged)

reserved

http://imgur.com/a/4kNfa - 7 pages of spike from the guide.

Okay so I know a lot of people are using 1, 2 , 3 for square, triangle and circle so thats what I’ll start doing as well so we can stay even across the boards.

I"m finding some fun stuff with Spike but I’m very much new to him yet so if anyone else has stuff to show just post it up.

Combo 1 : d.+1, d + 1, up + 1 (add another 1 at the end of the baton spin) - 50 ap
Combo 2 : 2 (press 2 to fire laser and make crumple), down + 1, up + 1 - 55 AP (70 with an added 1 at the end of up +1)
Combo 3 : j. f. +1 , down + 1, up + 1, add another 1 - 60 ap
Combo 4 : j. f + 1, down +1 , down + 2, j. d + 2 , j. d + 2 - 70 ap (my favorite one right now.
Combo 5 (in the dojo) 2+2, d.+1, d.+2, u.1+1, j.1+1+1, u.1+1 -150 ap.

Combo by Shadow_Nobody -
[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]J. F+1 (any charge on block), 2~2 (crumple), d1, d2, d1, jump forward j.111. (155 ap)[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]you can get a lvl 1 off of the crumple obviously and it’s a combo. Works midscreen, but is harder because you have to move the car slightly towards the opponent before activating it but it’ll work. You can also Swap the jumpforward 11 with U11 ender midscreen for an easier version. [/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]If you’re on a wall-less stage such as Parappa’s you can do U11 after the first D1 and get a bit of meter and combo into lvl 1 in the corner.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
Stage specific combos - Parappa’s Dojo
new combo - can do in parappa’s dojo in the corner.

Air d.3(green), d.1, d.2,u.1+1, j.1+1+1 (the jump on this is more of a short hop.) -135 ap

Variation - d.3(dash, 1st level) , d.1,d.2, u.1+1, j.1+1, j.1 - 135 ap (can be setup after an up throw in the corner)

Variation - same as the first one but after the third bannana hits, add in the rc car for 140 ap.
Super Setups :

Lv1 Super setup -

Neutral 2 + 2 (crumple) - Spikes little laser trap which causes crumple, confirm into your super.

j d + 2 , Super - short hop your shock trap and hit super, easy confirm. (when doing this super, make sure you activate your j.d+2 at the descending arc of your jump. That gives you the time needed to link the super.

Monkey radar lv1 (d.3), super

Lv.2 Super Setup -
Rc car (2, 2) , super

Sweep (d.1) , super

Grounded d.3 (charged to green), causes stagger, hit for lv.2 super or lv. 1

R. +3 (fully charged) - super
A decent set up to this is use air d.3(until green) while they get hit by the bannanas, position yourself and charge up your boxing glove, on hit use your super.

SamuelVimes - Lv 2:
D.3 (do not need to hold it to green, combos with regular monkey dash if close enough.

D. + 3 (hold until green), super. It puts them in blockstun but super will kill them anyways.
(Low) D + 2 , super - this one is a little trickier but think of the low as a short hop and then mash your super.

Lv3 setup - push buttons lol

All of these have been tested and proven to work, if you need help just ask :slight_smile:

Mixups :

Mixup in the corner for walless stages - I am using the dojo as a base stage for this.

Also I have the computer set to autoblock and random wakeup options

1. Use your shock cannon on your descending arc of your jump.
  2. Jump and use lv.1 monkey radar
  3. J.u1+1 , j.u1+1, j.u1+1, j.u1+1, ap burst - 130 ap
  4. Variation (ju1.+1, j.u1+1, j.1+1+1, j.u+1+1) - 130 ap.
    You do have other options of attack, but abusing the j.1+1 gives you the easiest way to generate free ap in a 1v1 setting or 2v2 if your teammate has the other opponent locked down.

Air cannon < teleport super lv.1 (j.2, u.3 with left or right direction held, super.)

Guard Breaks:
If opponent is guarding the boomerang coming back : boomerang, roll to side, f.1(charged)

Small note on combos that is slightly obvious but worth putting down, most of his d1 confirms you can hit off his j.f1, which is the closest thing I can see in this game to a comboable divekick, excluding Parappa’s 50 thousand feet.

Thank you for the heads up, I modified my last 2 combos with that and it worked out great!

Aww yeah I really want Spike to be one of my boys because Ape Escape will always have my party loyalty. Let’s level this kid up.

So I never used his level 3 in a fight, is it identical to Parappa’s?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much, one use, all cutscene. He uses a giant satellite laser.

Yeah. His level 3 seems okay, but because I don’t like Spike’s other supers and I do like Spike’s meter gain, it seems much more viable than other guaranteed triple kill supers.

Also, has anyone found good hitconfirms into super?

Level 1 all I can get is his neutral triangle’s crumple.

I’ve found that a low j.down triangle hits into level 2 with some good timing, I found that out in the trial where you dodge the compy’s level 2’s, actually, Spike’s is a bitch because he confirms into it with 100% accuracy.

Level 3, pressing it is the hitconfirm, lol.

I am pretty sure that you can do down.triangle into Level 1 if you are very, very quick about it.

playing 2v2 now with hawkingbird.

Can’t confirm right now but i have lv.1 super’ed off of his down +1

Also, using radec’s shock grenades and your own down + 2 is sick and diabolical in 2v2. I could feel the tension building as we locked a team down from moving. Anways, using his shock grenades into your own shock trap is great for a lv2 super setup :slight_smile:

This is possible, its not as taxing as you may think speedwise. Very nice find I will add this to the top of the page.

Oh my goodness, air bananas plus Radec keepaway. I like this even more than my brother’s idea of Evil Cole plus Sackboy.

J. F+1 (any charge on block), 2~2 (crumple), d1, d2, d1, jump forward j.111. (155 ap)
you can get a lvl 1 off of the crumple obviously and it’s a combo. Works midscreen, but is harder because you have to move the car slightly towards the opponent before activating it but it’ll work. You can also Swap the jumpforward 11 with U11 ender midscreen for an easier version.
If you’re on a wall-less stage such as Parappa’s you can do U11 after the first D1 and get a bit of meter and combo into lvl 1 in the corner.

Great find! I’ll add it into the combo section!

Some more super combos. Easy and probably known but not on main page so here we go:

Lv 2:
D.1: sword into level 2. Someone said they might have sworded into level 1 but I cannot replicate.

D.3 (do not need to hold it to green, combos with regular monkey dash if close enough)

Great, i’ll add it!

Were you wondering if d. 2 goes into lv.1 super? I just recreated it so it does for sure.

Man, then I guess my timing is off. I know the jumping version combos, do not think standing does. Edited my post with another easy level 2 in case you missed it.

I am exploring instances where you can meaty into supers. At the moment I see that you can hit with a level 2 right after an upgrab as long as they get up or get up and roll backwards. Unfortunately it misses if they delay, roll immediately before getting up, or forward roll, so it is pretty useless atm.

Best I have now is that it LOOKS like you can punish a backwards roll very close to you with a level 2 on great reaction, but too far and it missed (they can mash roll and evade).

Spikes down throw is terrible and really situational. 2v2 it might be decent since teammates can combo, but outside of that he is really negative on it. The best use I’ve found with it is with banarang on wake up and go for the throw if they roll towards you and the bananrang will hit them when you throw them so you’ll be safe. Also j. d3 (green) is one of his best tools along side bananarang.
Still working on any uses for Hoop

I caught your lv2 post, added it to the top of the page. So landing a lv2 on a roll is only reaction right now? Let us know what you come up with. I may be on a little later but not sure for now, I will keep an eye on this thread tonight to update it.

I really like j.d3(green), its helped me and my 2v2 partners setup some nasty multikills. I usually end up running interference and extending combos with j.d2 more than using my own. So far its been some great teamwork.

I believe a fully charged hoop on it you can add a u.1+1 for around 30-40 ap. Also in the corner mashing circle you can catch them meaty for 20 ap, don’t know about any follow ups but they will fly away at the end so that gets them out of a corner.

Any chance of seeing the bananas for 2v2 justice? I am really interested.

http://imgur.com/a/4kNfa

7 images about spike from the guide. I don’t know how to put images from my cpu onto srk’s forum so they aren’t as zoomed in and nice looking as I made them. Anyways, if someone knows how to do that I would appreciate it. Take a look and dissect it guys, I’m heading in for the night. I’ll update everything tomorrow, adding this to the top of the page and then sleeping.

Night!