Spike : I'm ready for Specter

Just feel like saying: Specter is the Ape Escape villain, Spectre is the organization from the 007 novels/movies.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I changed the thread title, thank you for the tip :slight_smile:

Will be on later today if anyone wants to 1v1 or do some 2v2.

In corner : You can do a grounded boomerang and tech chase - all in all you get about 15-20 ap fully mashed. Its not the most reliable but its an option for people who don’t tech forward.

Throw your air boomerang, rush up to your opponent, jump and hit 1,1,1 you will net 60 ap.

These are untested in battle but may be options to look at, if anyone else can give me some results that would be great.

What is tech chasing again?

The definition i’ve always known is when an oppenent air or ground techs (rolls) you can dash after them with a low normal on the ground (mario’s low slide kick in melee) or the hoop for spike in this (in the air)

So when they recover you are there to hit them immediatly.

I like to get the opponent in the corner on stages and then lay down 3 bananas just outside of roll forward option and then just zone them with rc car and bananarangs until they get frustrated.

new combo - can do in parappa’s dojo in the corner.

Air d.3(green), d.1, d.2,u.1+1, j.1+1+1 (the jump on this is more of a short hop.) -135 ap

Variation - d.3(dash, 1st level) , d.1,d.2, u.1+1, j.1+1, j.1 - 135 ap (can be setup after an up throw in the corner)

Variation - same as the first one but after the third bannana hits, add in the rc car for 140 ap.
I have tried the hoop for a variation with no luck, i’m going to see what else we can squeeze out of these juggle states for this level.

Dojo is probably my favorite level by far because it allows for a lot of things. Also I found this while looking around. [media=youtube]mlCAydzk044[/media]
A lot of interesting stuff. My favorite being the tech chase after up throw.
Another totally didn’t realize is you can roll and jump cancel Side+3 like you can Up+2. Makes me think you can do tech roll set-ups to get them with something or just bail out of a misplaced one.

I found roll cancelling with his side.3 by accident because i double tapped when i first used him. I can’t wait to see what we can do with it. Did not know about u.2 though, that is awesome. So what we’re seeing here is spike evolving into a mix up character with boomerangs, monkies and his roll cancels.

I really like his guard breaks, I wonder if we could implement that with his teleport as well? The tech chasing is definitley something to nail. As well as using the lv.3 monkey. I will add the sweep and rc car to the lv 2 supers, and the monkey lv1 to the lv1 supers.

Yeah, I was going to post the video here later today, but I guess one of you already found it. But those are some setups that I found for Spike, along with help from the Spike boards at allstararena. He’s the only character I use in this game. And even if his supers aren’t that great and stuff with none of them having the ability to hit a character twice, I’m going to stick with him and hopefully find more stuff as well. I also like some of the stuff you guys posted in here. Also, pivot Air B. Cannon is really amazing and all Spike mains should use that.

Mixup in the corner for walless stages - I am using the dojo as a base stage for this.

Also I have the computer set to autoblock and random wakeup options

1. Use your shock cannon on your descending arc of your jump.
  2. Jump and use lv.1 monkey radar
  3. J.u1+1 , j.u1+1, j.u1+1, j.u1+1, ap burst - 130 ap
  4. Variation (ju1.+1, j.u1+1, j.1+1+1, j.u+1+1) - 130 ap.
    You do have other options of attack, but abusing the j.1+1 gives you the easiest way to generate free ap in a 1v1 setting or 2v2 if your teammate has the other opponent locked down.

Just wanted to say that was a great video of setups :slight_smile: Thank you very much. I have a five stock match with my friends sly. Its not great quality but its all i have for now, so i’ll upload that.

[media=youtube]WCdQH8rU4Os[/media]

I apologize for the quality, all i have is my 3ds to record. I need a new job for a capture card.

Spike is just so awesome. The way he can build meter from keeping out of the fight with Rangs, Charge, Pipotron, etc and still have quick and easy AP combos with D.1 combined with cheap and effective Lv1 and Lv2s makes him pretty much the perfect character for me.
How is everyone using teleport? Is it fast enough to get away/punish some level 1s and/or square strings?

Having some problems with Nobody’s combo can someone elaborate how the j.S1 goes into rc crumple? Also not seeing D.3 into level one comboing.

With nobody’s combo you must use that starter with any charge on an opponent that is blocking. The clash will cause them to stagger and you have time to set and release an rc car for the crumple, after that you can lv.1 super or do a bnb combo for big ap gain.

With d.3 do you mean lv.1 monkey charge or lv.3 monkey charge? The lv.3 is considerably harder for myself because i do not use his large monkey a lot.

Cyberman left us a nice video that contains some guard break stuff and a setup to spikes lv.1 super. You use your shock cannon on the descending arc of your jump and then teleport to the other side to mix them up with the super. Also people jumping at a platform you are on near the edge can be subjected to a lv.1 super.

I can do Nobody’s combo now. Was confused and thought “any charge” also meant uncharged and had no idea how that could work. Did not know there are 3 stages to stun club dash.

And I just mean grounded d.3 boxing monkey dash into Lv1 super. Timing is not working out for me.

Okay so grounded lv.1 monkey radar in lv.1 super. This helps when coming down from a jump or short hop then do it and go to super. I made a short video for you here, i went a little ham in the middle of it messing with some other stuff i’m working on but you can for sure land lv.1 super off of d.3.

You can do it from pretty far away
You can do it out of a run
You can do it out of a short hop

As for timing it, wait for the monkey to be almost at your opponents feet and then go for the super, the monkey will hit during your super startup then nail them.

[media=youtube]i0B3WOEEZts[/media]

Probably common knowledge but Spike can change direction of jD.3 fully charged at the last minute. Can only do it with this charge and state, however.

Can you link the lv.1 super now?

Did not know that, pretty neat, thank you.

It is not huge, it just helps to make last second modifications to the pipotron slam because the area of battle can change in the second or two of charging.

I haven’t tried yet. Mostly been just playing as Spike because in most games I do too much training not enough sparring. I am also trying really hard to consistently get the jN.111 after two D.1s to help my AP output which falls behind the silly **** Kratos and other characters get to do. I really should get the radar/super down because I need to start hitting my supers far more consistently if I want to start winning often. The way I see it, I need to always net 1 kill with Lv1 and 2 with Lv2 or they are wasted. I went 12 or so matches yesterday without using RC Laser once, or even much charged fist, and I think those must be pretty essential to getting points with Spike especially in 2v2 which is what I play.