Spider-Man 4 and 5

I personally can’t see Dianna playing MJ. I just can’t see her as a redhead. I mean, as herself, or on Glee, she already looks more like Gwen than Emma Stone ever can.

The suit looks better (since the suit is damaged, I’m assuming that Spidey’s ‘belt’ got torn off or something)… but the material doesn’t. Parker made the suit himself, right? Where would you get super-textured alien fibers like that? Still, the movie seems like it’s aiming to be closer to the comic than Raimi Spider-Man.

Web Shooters ftw

Yeah freelance, cause Aunt May was about to lose the house, so Pete got a camera that Uncle Ben had and decided to take photos freelance for the bugle.

It’s not like he was in high school very long in the comics (616) anyway.

If this is the case that would be a huge disappointment for me. You talk about ONE person who nailed their character in the first 3 movies? Oh. My. God. He had JJ down to the fucking T. I still laugh and I’m still amused how good he got him :rofl:

truthiness. that man was the living incarnation of him…theirs a cut scene of him dressed as spidey on youtube that had me dyiiiing.

here it is
[media=youtube]aRhze-CEdcU[/media]

this spiderman will be gay as hell

The textured surface may come from some sort of sports jump suit that he took and modified, he didnt necesarily carve such paterns on the suit.

I’m too lazy to confirm but apparently Emma Stone (who is a natural blonde) is playing Gwen and MJ is sitting this one out.

Emma as Gwen

lol does this mean peter merks her by the end of the movie?! :smile:

Andy Garfield was great in The Social Network. He doesn’t have much of a competition to fill the role as Tobey Mcguire is a horrible actor. Spider Man 1 is the only Spider Man movie I could tolerate of the first 3 movies.

Peter Parker’s parents have been casted. (Campbell Scott and Julianne Nicholson) I hear Proto-Goblin might be in a villain. The doctor who turns into Lizard, as well as his son have been casted as well.

That’s probably how they’ll rationalize it in the movie, as stupid as it sounds. Costume designers just have a bad habit of giving superhero suits ridiculous textures and fake muscles, just to make a simple stretch jumpsuit look more appealing on film.

The Raimi outfit looked ideal… except for the unrealistic metal/silver mesh (and Tobey Maguire, who I guess was a little too chunky to play Spider-man).

I liked that one too, but the suit itself did have some intrincate texturing and detail that would make you wonder how in hell did Peter get it. So all things considered I don’t think this new sit looks any more elaborared than the Raimi one, just different.

ONE FOR J.J.!!!:tup:

True. The previous iterations wouldn’t have had the same appeal without him. He IS J.J.

I’d rather have exaggerated non-canon looking outfits that look masculine than retarded stretchy/paper thin costumes. Halloween has taught me that much.

Just don’t put superimposed nipples and I’m straight.

ONE FOR J.J.!!!:tup:

True. The previous iterations wouldn’t have had the same appeal without him. He IS J.J.

I’d rather have exaggerated non-canon looking outfits that look masculine than retarded stretchy/paper thin costumes. Halloween has taught me that much.

Just don’t put superimposed nipples and I’m straight.

I thought the Raimi costume looked pretty close to a surfing wetsuit. (again, except for the metallic web-mesh)

This one is going a little overboard, especially since it seems like this movie will take a more realistic approach, such as emphasizing Parker’s costume maintenance (like chemical web fluid, etc. The promo pic shows his outfit got torn up, like it’s just another night instead of the movie’s climactic battle).

I’m mostly nitpicking, but superhero movies tend to paint themselves into a corner when they try to inject realism that wasn’t a part of the comics.

Random trivia: I read that Raimi Spider-man’s costume material was the same as the Nolan bat-suits. Whatever it’s made of, it seems pretty versatile (and flexible).

Yeah, I don’t want to see skin-tight spandex either. The problem comes when the movie ends up stepping out of bounds simply for cosmetic reasons. The new costume just seems too detailed and expensive for Parker’s budget.

No J.J. Jameson in this remake: Exclusive: J. Jonah & Spidey Reboot - Movies News at IGN

Video of Spiderman running through traffic: [media=youtube]G6JtJZIPoRA[/media]

New ?Spider-Man? Reboot Photo With Mask & Web-Shooter Closeups!

Is that Spidey wearing a pair of Nike shoes? :lol: