Southwest SSF4: AE Online League

What would everyone in the Southwest think about starting an online league for AE? It would be ARFGN sanctioned, but all matches will take place online over endless battle. Players will be ranked within certain divisions, moving up as they win games. Divisions will go as Gold, Silver, Bronze, A, B, C. D, E… etc. It’s more of a way to keep the Southwest community together and potentially help it grow. Games will consist of best of 3 games of 2/3 rounds. Winner and loser will report results to the ARFGN. Rankings will be updated either weekly or bi-weekly. Haven’t really figured out all of the kinks yet. Again, this is a fresh idea and we are looking for interests between you guys. If you have any thoughts or ideas for this, please let us know!
Be sure to cast your vote in the poll!

It’d be nice to have. At this point in time, i think it’d be a “just for fun” type thing (no real prizes) but that might change down the road. Also gives us a reason to actually jump online and play each other.

[media=youtube]ZQkxJ4WcXjA[/media]

I voted “Yup”, but I had to post this video because Archer is the best show.

YUP

that sounds nice but i suck at SSF4 so i’ll be probably be in the lowest rank imaginable. But i’d do it just for kicks though.

It’d probably cover multiple games.

you know im down

We in there.

if multiple games existed in it, than sure

This thread has gotten so many views, but NONE of them vote in the poll, haha.

I’m down

You’re still alive? I haven’t seen you in forever.

If you want to see me all you have to do is look out your window at night <3

Pre birth of my kid recently i was gonna start one with Bottled Chi and or kineda but it never came to be, i just had other shit going on…i still have alot of heads asking me about it…i can help you get the word out …id participate and i think kinedas would help out by letting us put the word out here…and you should do teams 4x4 maybe, i have an all Gouken squad id like to run…since that was the biggest request when i was promo ing mines … :slight_smile:

Where you from man? We’d definitely be interested in your feedback/advice/whatever lol. We’ll be building this from scratch I believe and it’s not something that’s going to just pop up tomorrow, but it should be coming in the near future.

from Ca,

you should do 2 league play nights a week …one singles one teams 3, 4, per team, maybe every other week as to extend the draw period for viewership i.e get the word out advert etc, base it on the now defunct NFL model with an all stars game and or about mid season maybe and then a tournament for top rankers of each character(say top 2 abels cammys etc in their own bragging rights tourney ) with some wild card slots, break down into regions east west north south, have a best of regions , i realy think the nfl model is cool and translates well, but can be embellished upon.
basically the teams thing is the biog attractor here folks would feel more empowered with some friends to roll with in a competition
i know for sure ican get at least 20 heads and theyve all wanted to play since like april and they still ask occasionally so this could be massive, and thats just of f my friends list, i can start puttin the word out again in no time with great results

I like this, but are you looking to push this outside the southwest with that suggestion? Hard to tell.

Nice man! Yeah, honestly, I did put some thought into doing an NFL type league. I was also thinking about matching players up with 2 matches per week. They would have that entire week to get in contact with their 2 opponents. That would allow for easier scheduling for both players. Depending on the outcome of their matches they would either progress up or down in the division. There would be 4 rounds per month. At the end of a certain amount of rounds, we could have championship matches for each division. But again, I have nothing really worked out. Just thoughts in my head. I’m going to sit down Monday and write some things out on paper and get some sort of system going. Are there any ranking systems you recommend for something like this? Also, I like the team idea. As with the singles, I need to sit down and figure out a matchmaking system that would work with this.
If anyone else has ANY tips for getting this off of the ground, let me know! I want to make this big and something for the players in this area to keep active with in between tournaments.
And I forgot to mention the system the league would be played on. It seems logical to host this on Xbox 360 since most everyone plays on Xbox Live.

Im down if we make wired internet a requirement. Shout outs to unblockable wifi headbutts.

Online is bad enough as it is, shouldn’t take stuff serious playing people from California who have lag like you.

Keeping it Southwest makes the most sense. Keep it simple.