Soulcalibur VI - Lounge

you have not even seen the final build.
maybe you wait for it to come out or till we see how it turned out before you make such statements?

1 Like

As far as I am concerned, their gameplay design (which they have not changed across the various builds) is defective. They fucked up GIs by limiting them to a single variety and making them effective against all attacks (high, mid, low) and throws. They fucked up throws by limiting them to a single button with directional inputs with front and neutral throw broken by pressing A and back throw broken by 4A. They have retained and made the input for out of place Super cutscenes with invincible frames as easy as pressing a single button. They added momentum breaking focus attacks that trigger a game of rock paper scissors. They also kept a large quantity of auto GI properties for attacks that subvert frame advantage and excessive stun duration from IV as well as the absurd strip mechanic (armor break).

Even their only accomplishment of evolving Soul charge into a temporary state of extended and improved attack options is tarnished by resetting positions with the activation’s pushback properties.

1 Like

Discs going Gold doesn’t mean anything these days in terms of actual feature completion. They pretty much continue working on this until at least the last DLC character is out and if anything noteworthy happens to the combat engine during that time and is ready when the game releases there’ll be a patch on Day One as usual.

Its sad really. Like its a really pretty looking game…It just needed to be “more” than that. I just don’t think they really know what they want to do with the series anymore. Especially since they keep changing the identity of the game to conform more to a SF and Tekken amalgam. Which the series never was. Like DOA6 was at least more watchable than that even though it wasn’t amazing or anything. Still can’t believe there are supers in there.

Yes, there’s a handful of people who think that.

Gallery with a bunch of Screenshots
https://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-vi/august-21-2018/

2 Likes

I like Tira’s costume, which looks like her SCV costume but without that grey and pink hair that wasn’t my cup of tea. Also clothes are torn, which is nice. The dark colors and torn pants I like.
Sounds like a new voice actress, she sounds fine. Her gloom sounds cool: BLOODBATH.
I am glad she doesn’t have that hillbilly accent anymore.

That’s Voldo’s mask and Ivy’s shoulder armor. Guess this confirms that you’ll be able to use P1 (& potentially P2, P3) costumes freely in this mode.

Groh’s father?

It looks like the main character of the mode who is CaS-based gets hit by the Evil Seed, so now they absolutely have to take on a quest to save their life from its influence. It also looks like Zasalamel acts as a helpful guide, at least at the beginning of the story. Also we have a new sneak-peak at the Astral Chaos stage.
About the libra scale, it seems your decisions in this second story mode will affect outcomes.

1 Like

I like the new boss design
The creation mode show terrible taste and aim at the lowest kind of creators lol, why i’m not surprised
Good you can use official char standard costume parts though
Customize will be good by itself, but peoples creations will make the online experience trash af… why i can’t get “do you want see other peoples CAS?” option, it will solve a lot

• I hope these ‘race’ templates still allow for the level of options we’ve had before.
  • Seeing pieces from as far back as SC3’s creation mode is… getting old. Though likely we’ll get DLC packs with new pieces. Hopefully more than three packs.
  • I’m going to assume the created character story and real character story paths are two different modes.
  • Tira’s new voice actress has no business sounding older than her future self. Though I’m partially convinced this is a soft reboot anyway.
  • I hope there’s more control over Tira’s mood swings.
  • Notice one of the races is a lizard person…

According to someone who translated this:

• Breast size is adjustable (nothing new)
  • Fat on males is adjustable
  • Stickers can be applied to the body
  • Tira will come with her own Soul Chronicle Scenario (Story) when purchased

And sadly…

Tekken didn’t have 2P costumes either?

Tekken had P2 colors for the default outfit. Everything else was done in customization.

Having DLC trailers already turns me off big time. Particularly as there’s no character in there yet I’m willing to invest time into learning. I did play two matches on Tuesday with Geralt and Sophitia and it felt good but without my character I find it increasingly hard to care.

Oh well, let’s wait and see.

some chars have two default costumes.

the reasoning seems to be that the preorder time started and they wanted to let people know who the “extra bonus” char for the season pass is. i mean we all know that there is dlc even before that trailer. the only strange thing is that they show a trailer for it before they did for the full cast…but even when they wouldnt have done it this way it wouldnt make a difference to what we will get at release.

kinda surprised about the reaction of some people.

1 Like

Yeah, after I found out that we haven’t seen the base roster yet it didn’t seem that bad anymore. I’m not a fan of DLC though, never have been. If Hilde’s neither base roster nor DLC I’m definitely not going to invest more money in this than just the purchase of the base game.

Another entertaining grand finals. Man, I want this game already

1 Like

The Future of Soulcalibur Is Riding on the Success of VI

Motohiro Okubo: Bandai Namco won’t be returning to the series if VI isn’t successful

Well, shit. SCVI could sell more than Tekken 7, and still be considered a failure in Bamco’s eyes.

Soulcalibur VI Pre-order is up in the Hong Kong PSN store

you get these pre-order bonuses

Pre-order and receive these bonuses on launch day:

• SOULCALIBUR VI Original Theme
  • Halter Top Bikini
  • One-piece Swimsuit
  • Cadet Cap & Cadet Blouse

Least they put taki for teh image. So that’s a plus for me.

New character reveal

2 Likes