Soul Calibur 2

Explain to me why he sux so bad, seriously?I’m Curious.
ANd dont even say thats because hes a Hwang clone or something , cuz actually he better than hwang. Please Good reasons. So has no good lows right? SO I guess just cuz he does have good lows that makes him suck?

Thx though, now i can make him better so I earn the respect for him in my own skill.

I admit the tier list could have been better but i made it in a short amount of time. I could use some changes. Ivy is up there because if master she could be the most dangerous charcter in the game. I also admit Yoshi and Mitsu are higher than i put them but remember MORE TIME. I havent seen many awesome mitsurugi players. YOu guys make a list ill see if I can agree with you. You guys think your talking to a noob or somethin, your talking to a SC veteran. :evil:

(Revised)

1.Ivy
2.Mitsurugi
3.Kilik
4.Xianghua
5.Yoshimitsu
6.Cervantes
7.Taki
8.Cassandra
9.Yunsung
10.Raphel
11.Talim
12.Seung Mina
13.Sophitia
14. Astaroth
15.Voldo
16.Necrid
17.Nightmare
18.Maxi

Well, let’s see. Hwang had safe lows, MUCH better throw range (although his throw animation kinda sucked), and actual mixups. Know about the 44KK and 66K series SCC’s? Apparently not. Those alone were 10 times better than ANYTHING Yunsung has.

WOW!!! OK, how is 6A,A a mixup? If you do 6AA every time, it’ll go from high to low, EVERY TIME. That’s not a mixup genius.:rolleyes: Oh yeah, 2nd hit gets raped on block.

Technically, you DO have a low/mid mixup off 6A, with 6AA or 6AA,G,B. But…it’s the same as B4. Which only hits if they’re running STRAIGHT AT YOU at point blank range. It’s a shitty G cancel too. WAY too obvious.

Uhm, think about it for a sec. Hwang has an awesome mid game. Lots of good verticals, good horizontals, and a great juggle game. But his throws suck. So, if his throws suck, and his lows suck…how the hell are you gonna make people do what you want? How can you land those great mids when they have no reason to duck?

Logic hurts, sorry.

Yes, which is why I’ve heard about all your major exploits in the community.:rolleyes:

Too good, that’s in the sig. :lol:

Oh, and Cervy 6th? :rolleyes:

Guys, Im just trying to learn some new stuff and gaining info. DONT BASH A Brother, dang!My bad about that mistake.
AND I do know about the 44KK and 66K series, I have a friend who is very good with Hwang, believe me Im not bashing hwang, he’s good. yunsung can juggle decently,right? Or am i wrong about that too? He does have that one nifty kick combo which he sidesteps to continues with a couple of different things to end with. I know good players can read if done too much. Seriously, is yunsung that bad that certain things he lacks cant be remedied.

See, that’s the point. Yunsung is a good character… except for lack of lows/throws. If he had a couple of decent mixup options, he’d be midtier along with everybody else. But since you can see every low and throw coming easy, you can just sit there guarding and punish to your heart’s content.

(Enlightnment)

Okay, thank you. I heard that Mitsu has one of the best lows but who has the best throw animation/throw range?
(Last argument) Doesn’t Yunsung’s stances help him to be a threat to a good player if used correctly?WHat do you guys think of the other 3 new chracters? (Talim, Raphel, and Cassandra)

Crane is only good in juggles. It would be good if virtually every transition into Crane didn’t get you killed.

Landwalk sucks. Some of the attacks out of LW aren’t bad, but it’s easy to punish or just avoid altogether.

Raph, Talim, and Cass are all pretty strong. Raph kinda sucked in arcade (version D, specifically). But console Raph is a hell of a lot better.

As for best lows: Talim has good lows. So does Mitsu, Ivy, Xianghua, among others. Some only have one or two good lows, but that’s all you need.

Best throw animation would have to go to Mitsu or Yoshi, probably Yoshi.

Why Cervy is Tier!!!

I’m a talim,taki,x player, and someone posted that X is the best tourney char? she is who I would play in a tourney but damn, can’t some people see that cervy is the best!!!
But, X is hella safe!!!

Do you really think that makes her tier!!!

CERVY is tier because of a 99% damage relauncher “just frame” combo. if you want to know how to do it PM Makivelli at SC.com.
also, cervy’s ground game and his damage/priority is just sick.
that’s why he is the only char above the mitsu glitch.

umm…cervantes is 1 by far…i think maxi is worse than Yungsung…on version D Yungsung is mid tier…otherwise he lacks low attacks…Yoshi is accualy really good…(my personal opinion…Talim kills all:D ).

i think that anybody can be awsome…like i play this guy in my local arcade that uses Cervantes and he is awsome…but i can beat him with Yungsung because of GI and Parrying cancel throws…also i never hear anybody talking about 8-way run and stances…those are really important…accpecialy with yungsung and Rapheal.:smiley:

You’re completely right.

haha…that is funny.

Yunsung has been bottem tier since the beginning. Maxi actually has lows with decent rewards, and far superior punishment ability. Plus, he’s not as slow as Yunsung.

Trying to GI Cervy with Yunsung and winning? Sorry, that’s not a good Cervy player. He fucks you up royally for that shit.

Yunsung’s stances get raped too often. Crane would be great if it were safer. Otherwise, it’s just used for combos. Landwalk sucks period.

8WR sucks. I step instead.

Same here, I parry the hell outta ppl, when I use Yunsung. I still think he has one of the coolest throws in the game. I’m beginning to see why his throws suck though, because some characters lunge or take a step forward when they grab, he barely moves forward which makes you need to be right in the person’s grill to grab. That why I repel sometimes, it gives more time to counterattack.
I have this friend whose a good Xianghua player who said that he read somewhere that someone who plays with her need to be quick and deceptive(I think the player guide), is this true?If so any tips for my friend?
Yeah, yunsung’s speed isn’t as fast you would think he is, I agree with that. His Landwalk isnt completely usless, you can use it to dodge and hit. Plus, By pressing 66(Crane swoop) A,B(GI) is pretty handy.

Bull fucking shit. Xianghua is brain-dead easy. Quick and deceptive my ass. She needs 3 moves 90% of the time. Spaz on those, and you’re fine.

umm…it isnt hard to GI or Parry cervantes…it is fucking hard to beat a good cervantes player though…but anything is possiable…the last tourny in ATL was awsome…i have never won a tourny but i came in 2nd place last time…the best guy used cervantes and i was using nightmare…and i was able to GI and Parry him alot…o well.:stuck_out_tongue: yes you are right about maxi being faster than yungsung but overall yungsung can be played better than a maxi player…well accualy i wouldnt know cause i have never seen a good maxi player but on the site i though it said that maxi was the worst player…o well

1. A,A/A,A,B
    2)3a/3a, K
  2. 88_22 B
  3. 3b
  4. 1b, then ws k or fc 3b to juggle

these are the only moves she needs right?

is there any other character as easy as her to pick up and be effective?

i’ve only played this game 3 times and im somewhat confident i can win this gamespot tourney coming up in my area.

Yup, that’s it. Just mix up between AA, 3B, and 3A. On counter hit, AAB or 3AK, 3B for solid damage.

At mid range, all you need is 22B.

God I hate X.

In all honesty, any character can rely on just 4-5 moves. But she’s easily the best at this.

do you think you can give a brief guide for yoshimitsu?

basic pokes, strings, bread and butter juggles, high low mixups?

I know how to play him in tekken, so i should be able to pick him up easier than other, but i don’t know the commands for scii.

The stupid scrub killer strat for yoshi IMO is to do his 5 aaaaa and his 6 aaaa alot and cancel those with throws. Also remember at the GS tourneys, you usually can not trick scrubs with mix up throws,a scrub will usually get up pressing a’s and b’s so just run your strings on them cuz they won’t know when too counter attack. I won a GS tourney in vegas and I abused seung mina’s and talim’s strings.
Talim…b,b,k into 9BK k,k,k,. This combo is AC able but scrubs don’t know how to AC!!!