Soooooo... Why was Fei top tier in AE?

FUCK YEAH drop knowledge on them about the ex rekka. It was one of the most pointless ex moves from almost any character. Also like you said it cant be FADC into a ultra. I love when my fellow Fei players put Fei haters on notice. Yes our exCW covers great range and blows through fireballs but its damage is reduced unlike other ex moves. Ok I am done with my rage rant LOL

Yet at EVO Inthul your so called above average Fei beat Mago in a ft3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLl5np2Hf8Y then Mago took the next set which left them tied at 2 wins a piece. :bluu:

“Fei Hater”? I was just acknowledging something that appeared to be conveniently left out to strengthen a certain argument. Regardless of whether it was useful one “useless” buff was acknowledge so why not the other 2?

End point being Fei was undeniably a top character, all tops got nerfed…so why complain over a relatively meager nerf?

You are not the only non Fei player to come to the Fei section to post about his buffs/nerfs. So you got bunched into the Fei hater section be defualt. I dont go posting on other characters foruma because I really dont care about any other character.

Well I dont make it a habit… I do post in other forums occasionally, purely out of curiosity. See I agree with the theory that most fans have little to no interest in overall balance, they just care about “their” character being good as possible. While I believe Capcom did generally drop the ball with AE, but I also understand it’d be very naiive to think they would bring a free balance that consisted of buffing everyone up to the same level. Most characters would need a very large amount of extra tools to compete vs top characters, considering the amount of time (=$) needed for that I understand from the biz sense. So it’s only logical to bring down the ceiling a little, having slightly tougher matchups is part of a balanced game (& the purpose of alts).

I just find it interesting how people in forums of strong characters overreact to the smallest changes (Yun, Viper, Akuma, Makoto etc). When in a general sense their character is the same as before.

Well, I guess I can throw in my opinion to this. Zenfluence, a lot of these nerfs were expected, and some we even accepted by a lot of Fei mainers here. What makes ME personally complain is that they modified our rekka, which is our personal tool of pressure. We’ve gotten Damage Nerfs to CW’s Flame Kick and Cr.MP for GOD knows what reason they decided to nerf that, but to nerf our rekka so that everyone can punish JUST because people like to whine and complain is ridiculous. Most of us in this very small forum have either accepted it, or will come in time to accept in due time as there would be no other choice. Now the topic at hand from what I’ve seen between you and Jason is the fact that no one cares about balance outside of their character. Well, nothing is perfect. I’d love to know what a GREAT balance is. This is the 3rd time I’ve stated it in this forum, but the general cycle is,
People Complain about Top Tier-> Top Tier gets Nerfed-> New Top Tier arrives-> Rinse and Repeat.
I honestly don’t feel that there will EVER be balance as long as the population whines. I still stand by the notion that Fei is only Top Tier due to other chaacters misfortunes. By that logic there would be no need for nerfs at all, but rather BUFFS for others.Yun and Yang however we MADE into AE shining above the rest. I think even they got nerfed too hard considering my previous statement

Viper is the same just very very slight damage reductions, nothing done to her frames. Yun had damage reductions and more recover frames added on his TC spam. Makoto got health taken back but she can still corner combo for nearly 500 damage I think, I never paid attention to her changes. Akuma lost mix up pressure. All but Akuma is the same. That mix up pressure is big for akuma. Akuma with no vortex is left to just spam air fireballs and teleports.

I dont really care about the talk anymore to be honest. I made my case that he was the same character since Vanilla damage went down from Vanilla to Super but frames stood all the same except for the start up of his HKcw. In AE he got st.lp>sweep which worked good for him as his harder matchups in the prior games could now face a safe jump/mixup. And the biggest buff IMHO is ex rekka.

The game really effected zoning characters, and was geared more for a rushdown style. Will AE2012 have balance like Super once had… I dont think so. There will still be some form of crying no matter what. And I dont really blame the players but I blamce Capcom to breaking down to the players. 3SOE is an amazing game because its the same game since day 1 no changes. Live and learn, same goes for MvC2. Same game for 10 yrs and it still was a hit because players learned new things. If they were beat by something they came up with a plan to beat what once beat them. With SFIV its more like, “i cant beat this move because its cheap or some other bs” and Capcom dumbs it down instead of allowing the players to learn what works best. Yes the twins were mega strong but many showed they can be beat. Poongko beat Daigo with a very low health Seth so that should be a sign that the players learn what works best. But the lesser players cried about characters beings “OP” so Capcom seen that this would reflect in a lost of future $$$$ so they made changes.

So again I dont care anymore I dont throw 2nd rekka on block unless its a ex rekka.

Yea in hindsite I guess it would seem Fei was great due to the overall change of pace the game experienced from Super>AE. I guess my view could be off, it just seems like no comparison when looking at the changes made at the top in comparison to what happened to Sagat & Guile in their respective games. Ill just say that *overall I think Capcoms approach via loketest is atleast progressive, especially w/high players attending. As you said (Vince) so many people cry about stuff it has to be nigh impossible to discern what’s real just from forums etc. That being said I’m sure specifics about over nerfage would atleast be entertained on those same forums (Unity)…from my understanding the testing is going through multiple phases w/a Beta coming soon according to Ono.

Still dont see reason in being too upset/happy instead of being observant, and see how everything pans out once things are finalized. Anyway I’ll “butt out” now:)

It is what it is. I will tell you that I can hit confirm my rekka offline 95% of the time. Online its about 80% due to lag and input delay and many other factors that deal with online. Sagat should have never been nerfed. Like come on “they call me the king for a reason” why nerf him??? Guile didnt need to get nerfed, well his air grab yes that needed to be nerfed, but thats all. Sim why in the hell was he nerfed? Again its like the cycle that boss mentioins Top tier>crying>update>top tier no more> new top Tier>crying again. “the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all day long”

I saw that a while ago but still. I stand by the thought

This is true. I think gamers over 25ish are used to imbalance fighting games. Cause there’s always someone better in a game

lmao what does age have to do in this ? I’m 22 and before I was used to it when I was fighting regularly Blanka/Vega/Bison - A groove in CVS2 or just makoto/ken/chun li (not that much of yun tho) in 3s

Nerf DP FADC CW from 280 till 220-240? And a few more frames on second rekka and we are done. And ofc buff the other low tiers

jab into sweep does make a character good, cause it gives you a hard knock down and mix ups. for some characters, in certain match ups, you dont want to be knocked down. imo thats a good option they’ve taken away from fei. those stupid AE rekkas are like normal pokes but they beat every damn normal. they come out fast, and since the 2nd hit was safe on block, u had a lot of players spamming it on auto pilot without consequences, and its very annoying to deal with, just ask sagat. thats not even mentioning that fei has great normals, aside from the rekkas. other than that, the main prob was i dont think fei had many bad match ups. i think its at the highest level u get to see just how good fei is. a lot of feis i play, apart from the rekkas, play fei like its super not AE. they dont make use of his vital new tools that lead into a knock down

2nd hit on rekka is not safe.

Rekkas are the same since vanilla the only thing changed is that player discovered new ways to use it but every time players discover new strategies, Capcom nerfs it. Oh and I asked Vanilla Sagat about Fei Long’s Rekka and he said it’s free as fuck.

oh? so what exactly was the change to the rekka from super to AE? pardon my ignorance, ive never used fei in my life:)

lol

Only EX rekkas were safe and to stuff rekkas you can just jab him out of it.

Fei Long’s top tier in this game because he’s a balanced character in a sea of lesser balanced characters