Soooooo... Why was Fei top tier in AE?

I can’t see the twins winning any major’s in V2012.

Sagat is going to obliterate them so hard that he’ll be a counter pick if you come up against a Twin. You wouldn’t even need to be that good with him. He was a good counter pick before, now it’s going to be even worse for them.

Fei has the tools to fight almost most of the cast and that honestly the only reason. Like ryu did in super. Don’t name matchups everyone has bad match ups. Off topic: Also everyone has person trouble with specific characters another might now which makes you think your char is shitty

ahm ahm, fei was top tier in vanilla, super, ae and will be in every version of sf4.
/thread

long story short – because mago used him in super and exposed him.

Pretty much what sendmaster said. According to all these folks complaining about Fei now, he was shit in vanilla and was ok in super, but towards the end of Super right before AE he was really really good, then in AE because he got 2 buffs 1+frame on LP and 4 frame startup on useless close MK, he was god tier apparently. Despite people failing to mention the HK CW nerf. Same character that sucked in vanilla and was alright in Super. Yeah people say oh all his bad matchups got better cause of others nerfs are true but to me it didn’t really affect how Fei’s gameplay changed. Just people wanting to complain about the current winning character. Surprise people not saying Seth needs nerfs cause of Poongko.

THIS,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIIIIIIS. 100% agreement

People ARE saying Seth needs nerfs cause Poongko got top 8 at EVO. Maybe not here (or is it??) but it’s being thrown around on facebook, twitter, other forums (casual players). I’m surprise no one called for Sakura to be nerfed cause Uryo got 3rd in Gods Garden, I’m guessing not alot casual player saw the tournament.

But I agree with you, Fei was always considered shit/mid tier even months before AE was released and people were always whining about how Fei need buffs (remember this thread: BREAKING NEWS from NYC Comic Con!). Could you imagine the bitching if Killian wasn’t trolling the guy: 5f tenshin + more range, c.mk to rekka, +3 on overhead, U1 juggles more hits, it sounds like he was describing Yun/Yang instead of Fei. Oh and LOL@that guy saying Fei vs Ryu match up is hard HAHAHAAH…

… cuz Bruce Lee is top tier

Why are you LOLing at me for saying that?The match is one of Ryu’s worst according to Air and i would assume Daigo too,considering he counter-picked Mago with Guile.I can’t really prove it but according to multiple sources Mago said it was a 7:3 in Fei’s favor himself.I know myself and a ton of other Ryu players have trouble with the match but to each his own I guess,it’s your opinion.

Not sure what you’re talking about but I was referring to the guy in that thread I linked saying the Ryu match up for Fei was hard I.E. Ryu beats Fei for free. This was before Daigo/Mago went to Canada Cup.

Oh,okay I thought you were laughing at me for saying that match is hard for Ryu haha

Japanese fei top tier > any other fei maybe above average

He is considered to be mid tier but SSF4 is one of the most balanced fighting games of all time and the gap between mid and top tiers is very, very small. And any mid tier character is definitely not in “shit” tier. Fei Long became god tier in AE not because of the buffs they gave him but because of how those that were above him or on the same level got stupid, unnecessary nerfs that made them not so viable. And that really is the problem with Ono’s stupid balancing.

Fei has a combo into sweep and a setup for an amazing 50/50 that can’t be reversal uppercutted with j.mp being not crossup and j.mk crossing up. Fei’s rekkas lead into advantageous corner knockdowns from midscreen. His pokes are amazing, and he has a wide variety of useful normals. His damage is (was) some of the highest in the game amongst people that can land it in a practical situation. His U1 does more than 500 damage I believe, making it a solid punish for most anything. He can punish fireballs at mid range with EX Chicken wing -> s.hp xx rekkas. He has a (slow) command grab and an overhead that doesn’t lose to cr.lk spam and is plus on hit. He has a 3 frame low jab. He can punish many moves that are safe in some matchups, like Honda’s headbutts. His super does great damage, is fast, and reaches far. His focus attack is good. His j.mp is a very good jump-in that can be combo’d from even if done early. Also, rekka pressure.

^This pretty much, though Fei’s U1 does 495.

His ultras was definitely not a factor for him being top tier, you might be watching too many Poongko Vs Fuudo videos lol.

Yeah probably :frowning:

U1 is certainly not the most important element to Fei being top tier, but it’s certainly nice to have a high-damage ultra especially when you’re a character with an incredibly quick and long-ranged focus attack.

That’s the only worthwhile way to land it though.

I’d take Ryu style damage for the abiltiy to actually blow through fire balls any day.

Umm you forgot EX rekkas being safe and blowing through fireballs…but I’m sure that has little to do w/him becoming better -_- Don’t think he was God tier or whatever but he WAS better than everyone besides Yun.

To be honest , this got thrown on the “OMG he’s bullshit” pile with the rest of it.

EX moves enhance the property’s of specials. EX rekka was useless before, so they gave it the appropriate buff that it needed. It does amuse me though how (insert character) players got their knickers in a twist over it.

EX Tiger Knee, EX Messiah, EX Boom, EX Head butt, EX Tornado throw, EX Tatsu, EX DP ( Hell Ryu has 3 decent ones alone) , EX lunge, EX legs (into Ultra) , …endless list.

You’d run out of space if you put the amount of bull shit EX moves in this game, EX rekka is a long way back in the rear view mirror. EX Flame kick’s the one you want to worry about.