Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - A Sega Fanboy's Wet Dream :)

Hell yeah! I wonder how they’ll runt he online though. I hope they don’t use GFWL. That’d suck.

None of Sega’s other PC games use GFWL. No need to worry there

The honest to goodness best news about this game though is…

yeah, I’ll most likely get this. I love kart-racing games, and the Mario Kart franchise fell off a long time ago, imo. This looks like the real deal…and it’s going to have a Vita version! It’s really too bad that’s such a small userbase though… I’d rather get it on that when I eventually get that system, but I’d also like to actually have a wide range of people to race against, so that means 360 is the better choice.

*Modnation Racers is the real champ to beat in this genre, imo…[it’s tough to beat a game with a nearly INFINITE cast of characters, cars and tracks due to the incredible creation tools. There is really no other console game I know of that lets gives you that much freedom with regard to created characters, cars and tracks.] it’s a shame that the Vita version of that had no online multiplayer… I’ll bet that really killed a lot of potential sales right away.

Well, Modnation did have good customization but that’s pretty much all it had. I didn’t like the way the racing “felt” in that game, the cars handled like wet bars of soap and the items were wicked imbalanced. Nothing really felt right about the gameplay, the way the cars handled was awkward and it didn’t deliver a good sense of speed, which is why I think this game’s going to overtake it.

nah, I loved the control and sense of speed as well… something the old PSP version was lacking, actually. On the regular console version, the speed was there once a player gets used to the controls and which kart settings works out the best for ya. The only thing impossible to shield against was if you were in 1st and 3 or more people launched their level 3 attacks at you…(or during that time when Lightning level 3 was glitched to hell) and sometimes, if you’re far enough ahead of them, this still didn’t even matter that much. I also enjoyed that strategic balancing act with the boost energy… the question of whether to save it for the shield or use it for the speed boosts was always on your mind during any race…then of course you had to keep doing the air-tricks, drifting and any successful attacks to continually replenish that energy…heh, ohhhhh those were some good times there… I have to get back to Modnation, maybe even tonight. I had so much more fun with this game compared to any other kart racer out there.

The only item I’d say was flat out useless was the level 1 lightning… you’d never really hit anybody with that bullshit unless it’s a “crowd in a tunnel” kind of situation.

This game apparently has car customization too. You can buy mods for your cars to edit things about their functionality, like if you liked Eggman but wanted to drift lots you could buy a modifier for his car that increases his drifting proficiency but takes away from his top speed or something. I think it’s mainly for the adventure mode though, I don’t know about the online mode.

There’s an adventure mode now? What DOESN’T this game have!?

Kirby

Titties though that could change…

It doesn’t have zero g racing, realistic mud physics, or treasure characters.

So, after skimming a couple posts I’m assuming this game will be like Mario Kart, except less random stupid shit and driving well is more rewarded? Seriously though, it seems like every other franchise kart racing game (Crash Team Racing, Sonic All-Stars Racing, etc.) I’ve played is better than Mario Kart.

ModNation Racers is a hidden gem IMO.

I fucking love customization in games, and that game gave it out in spades. One of my friends borrowed it from another and has it somewhere at his house and I’ve been meaning to take it from him so I can play that shit. Loading times took forever and a day, but everything else was on point.

Mario Kart sucks out my turds. I can’t remember the last time I had fun playing any of those games and I played every single one in the series. Probably MK64?

Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing, Blur, Sega All-Stars, hell even Modnation… every single one of those games RAPES Mario Kart. I don’t know what people expect from that franchise anymore. Every MK game is the same imbalanced luck-based bullshit that’s as slow as slugs. On top of that they all suffer from boring, appalling track design. I think the SNES one is the only one that’s perfectly balanced.

Finally some CTR love. One of my favorite games on the PlayStation and certainly my favorite Crash game (After 3).

LMAO, do people still actually believe this kind of stuff? Ah ha… HAHAHAHAHA!!

Whatever, part 1 of this game sucked.
I thought it did so poor they wouldn’t bother with a part 2, but guess they proved me wrong. OH SEGA, WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO MAKE SONIC GAMES??!?!?

They should call this game ‘Sega’ All-star racing and just leave the Sonic part out, cause I doubt Sonic brings in the numbers anymore.

First,

Not CoD numbers but breaking a million is nothing to scoff at. I would say that this game performed as well as it did on word of mouth. With a stronger marketing push and the game looking as good as it is, Transformed might have a chance at snagging 2 million sold. And since Sonic is better known than Sega and Sonic being all about speed it makes sense to keep him as the headliner. It’s not like the list of Sonic’s characters greatly outbalance the rest of the cast. The Triple Threat, Dr. Robotnik, Amy, and Metal Sonic.

Second,

While not an earth shattering success the game did well enough. As long as Sonic is Sega’s mascot there will be more Sonic games.

I would cry if Sega snuck in Knack the Weasel as a playable character.

Those numbers are lies!!
LIES!!

I’ll make sure this never happens.
They need to add stuff from Sonic the Black Knight, since it was the best game for it’s time.

Not surprised that the only person with the MLP avatar just happens to be the biggest retard in this thread.

Retard?
Hey, I take offense to that. My pet gold fish was a retard!
Sadly, his cure for cancer wasn’t released to the public and his evil fishy ways had him throw into jail.

Be careful when treading in the forest known as Trollzerwolf, for it has many intertwining paths that could lead you astray from the truth. The truth being every Pony lies.

On the topic of Sonic, hoping the console can at least reach 60 frames. Half of what the PC port is capable of is fair game right?

I’ll be frank, if the PC has online, I will probably just get it for that anyhow. Handhelds maybe for the portability.