Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - A Sega Fanboy's Wet Dream :)

So yeah a couple of years ago a Mario Kart clone featuring Sonic came out and it was actually pretty kickass despite all the naysayers. It wasn’t terribly original but it was really fun and had lots of awesome fanservice such as the inclusion of characters from Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. And guess what? It sold really well. So much that it took a sizable chunk out of Mario Kart’s sales pie. So much that Sega decided, “we should make a sequel and make more money”.

[media=youtube]A3JdskIKjiI[/media]

And the sequel looks to be insanely awesome. Take Diddy Kong Racing, add some of Sega’s arcade racer pedigree, and mix with Optimus Prime and you get this fantastic looking game that’s gunning for Mario Kart’s throne. As you can see by the trailer it features a unique idea that hasn’t been done before in a kart racer (AND NO, MARIO KART 7 HAS NOT DONE THIS, THEY’VE DONE A STUPID GLIDING MECHANIC AND SHITTY UNDERWATER DRIVING THAT CHANGED NOTHING ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY). Your car transforms into boats and planes, and the boating has REAL water physics where you can do tricks off big waves for boosts of speed.

The game’s being made by people who worked on Blur, Project Gotham Racing and Split Second: Velocity among other excellent racers. Also it gets better because right off the bat there’s shitloads of Sega fanservice already packed in the game, such as a Panzer Dragoon-themed level and newcomer characters from Golden Axe and Skies of Arcadia. Many other exciting IP are yet to be revealed.

If you love Dreamcast games, Sega arcade games or just really fun games in general you’re absolutely going to die and go to gamer heaven with this. You know you love it ya slegs.

Looks fucking awesome, could have done without the wubstep though. I should pick up the 360 version sometime to play with.

I don’t usually like racing games but I might buy this.

Considering how horrible MK7 is I might look into this.

Sonic should’ve had transformable shoes instead.

Hopefully it isnt as broken as previous one.

It does always bug me to see Sonic driving a car, but whatever. still looks pretty cool.

I love snaking and making scrubs cry. :rofl:
I use to play the first one on pad and on stick. Awesome times.

I remember someone on youtube saying Sonic is using a Kart to play fair with others, I can respect that. Game looks sweet, I love Sega even though they have made some blunders over the years. It would be dope if some Yakuza characters made the game but the fact that the 1st game had Ryo,Akira and Jacky made me satisfied. The new rumoured characters sound pretty hype so I am hoping that the framerate isn’t too bad on the PS3 version.

Panz-
Skie-
Blur/Project Gotham/Split-
Racing Game of the YEAR!

Game needs more Valkyria. That series needs more love.

Uh you get more love when you spread to different platforms.

Not gonna happen, several interviews already confirmed that the game is more skill-based. You can evade all items if you’re good enough, and also all-star moves are obtained by filling up an “all-star meter” like in Street Fighter. You fill it up by doing tricks (which are more involved this time) or collecting stars on certain sections of the tracks.

Can I haz links to such news?

I just hope they fixed the whole if someones too far ahead everything doesnt hit them ever.

Yes it’s fixed.

Certainly sir. Here’s a Eurogamer preview, a 1up preview, aSonicStadium hands-on, and a video interview.

[media=youtube]_5j-kflfKy8[/media]

Then it’s going to be amazing needs to come out faster.

Edit: Gilius is going to be op

Can’t wait. Isn’t it coming for PC too?

If there is a PC version it better have multiplayer this time

Oh yes indeed there is a PC version. It has online multiplayer AND reportedly runs at 120 FPS.

And no I’m not joking.