Smash Bros Ultimate Thread- The game is finally hear to steal the hearts of all Smashers

VGBootcamp been uploading 1v1s

1 Like

Macā€™s Side B confirmed to not put you in free fall even when used in the air. Thatā€™s huuuuuuuuuge. This character might see professional play now.

1 Like

Smash Attacks can now be held forever

1 Like

Zelda Down B is functionally different. Instead of charging up and releasing, the move is channeled while the Phantom forms. Once it does, it will remain stationary for a bit, then charge a large distance. Zelda is free to act while the Phantom is fully formed. You can cancel the channel and whatever bits of armor have formed will attack immediately

1 Like

So, Mac can use side B without fear near de ledge now?

Fucker can use it mid air without fear. Use it like Ryuā€™s Tatsu.

That combined with the dash into smash and maybe tilts means Mac will be much, much, much better

Zelda:

Lightning Kick knockback adjusted so it isnā€™t flagrantly UNSAFE ON HIT at low percentages like it was in Smash 4 (saw her b-air Ike in a 1 on 1, he didnā€™t land close enough to punish her for it and this was on Skyworld of all places)

(Unsure) Side B might not put her in freefall anymore? Not confident enough on this one to say itā€™s true, but saw a landing that could have been this.

EDIT:

Mii Brawler: Appears to have a down-B Counter move if the trailer is to be believed.

I have to say, Iā€™m sad/disappointed that there isnā€™t a GIF yet of Ridley twirling Marioā€™s hat.

By the way, are we going to get the band back together again? I notice we still have a Discord server but most of us have left it. Did we move to a new place?

Zelda:

Has a new multi-hitting jab similar to Palutenaā€™s in some ways.

Whereā€™s @Akhos at?

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard reports that blockstun has increased substantially. Canā€™t confirm it though.

Well, Gespenst, Po, LW, and Davidstar I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen since the site moved.

LW is still around (or at least he was) but he changed his name. I think heā€™s mostly been in the SFV and General forums.

Gespenst is on the Discord. LWā€™s probably on Smashboards. Davidstarā€™s still on the Discord.

Whatā€™s LWā€™s name now, UnSaxon?

po not being here I treat as absolutely no loss whatsoever.

pretty sure itā€™s Akhos

Pretty sure heā€™s right.

Well, cā€™mon.

Just to reiterate, Iā€™d be glad to restart the league JUST SO LONG AS ALL YOU FUCKERS ACTUALLY DO YOUR DAMN MATCHES!

Also, Iā€™m far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr from confirming this, but I think ledge snapping has been reduced for a lot of characters. Guys like Mario, Bayo and Snake Iā€™ve been seeing missing the ledge a lot and going past it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll back you up on that. Iā€™ve seen Marth go flying past the edge on his up-B at ranges that would have easily snapped in Smash 4.