Singapore Scene

hi guys where is the best arcade in singapore to play sf3, cvs2 and kofxi? I might be coming there next month form the Phil. tnx…

i heard abt the jap players part. but dunno it’s for tekken. not sure how’s the standard for tekken sg. but hope we can give the japs a run on their money. :smiley:

i dun play all this games but bugis is your destination. refer to below.

http://www.tkaworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=29

Oi Pinoy!

Hangang kelan ka sa Singapore? I’m here in Korea and will be back Dec 23rd. Would be great to get some 3s and CVS2 games with you. Say hi to Lord Sharky and the gang for me.

Hi guys. Just moved out to Singapore last week (from the U.K). I was wondering where the best place/time is to play SF4 and ST. Found a sf4 machine in plaza singapura so been playing in there so far. Only been playing since monday so i suck but playing good competition is the best way to improve.
One more question (sorry to pester), since SSF2T HD remix is out very soon, im going to need to buy myself a console. The question is should it be xbox 360 or PS3. I was an 360 owner back in the U.K but i don’t know if anyone plays on them out in this part of the world. Don’t want to go online and find out i’m the only one there…

Thanks in advance to any reply

Hey guys, any of you guys getting STHD next week?
Didn’t realise that there were Singaporeans hanging out here as well sia… haha…

to MrJoshua, I think the best time to play would be friday evenings and weekends at Bugis Shopping Centre. There’s lots of competition there. Or maybe Suntec Tower 4, though competition there is not comparable to Bugis. Managed to obtain 5 wins on my 1st play at SF4 using Blanka recently.

hi joshua, welcome to singapore. u can refer to my prev post for the arcade that is most popular in sg. the ST scene in here is still quite hot.

i also quite interested in the sthdr thing but i dun own any of the 2 consoles. i have actually spoke to the arcade marketing manager. he said that it’s quite possible to have the game on arcade cab since some ps2 football game are in a arcade cab and there is a ps2 ctrl hanging at the side.

Thanks for the responses Xiao and Hyperx. I’ll check out the Bugis arcade when i get the chance. Although that Anime festival is taking a few sf4 arcade cabs from certain arcades if i remember rightly. Might wait till the festival is over.
SSF2T HD could well be a possibility in the arcades. I hadn’t thought of that. Although playing SF on a pad ain’t all that much fun, for me anyhow

hi guys,

where could i found sf3s arcade in singapore? just wanna try:wonder:, last time i remember playing was 3 years ago :sad: i’m gonna stay there for 2-3days then going back to philippines coming from india. thanks in advance!

eh 3s… i think so far oni bugis have…

Guys please post the results of the tourney!

1st - Tan Jia Chun (Peihoon) with Sagat

2nd - Jianhui (Raven) with Boxer

3rd - Wilson with Blanka

4th - Alan Lee with Gief

5th - Simon (Registered as Leslie) with Sagat

6th - Weitian with Abel

That’s all I remember. 27 participants in all. 3 groups of 4 and 5 groups of 3. Group stages only allowed winner to go through. 1 chance. Some very good players were eliminated because of the group draw. Most prominent being CWJ the top Ryu player being drawn into the same group as the champion.

according to the rules in the website, http://scoga.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41&sid=43bc3ef485725f0959d74540e1197cd9

it’s supposed to be 2 from each group. not sure why it changed to 1 per grp. maybe cos of the lack of participants.

Wow, looks like Peihoon won as expected. I can’t wait to take his Sagat on when I get back!

And good to know that Jianhui is still kickin butt. The final must have been an awesome fight. I am dissapointed to know that the top 2 spots were won by the game’s best 2 characters, Boxer and Sagat. That’s gotta changeee!

Finally, Wietian 6th with Abel? Woot!

Thanks for posting up the results Nate.

As for the number of participants, I’d say 27 is a very healthy number for a Street Fighter game. When was the last time we had that kind of number at all? Hope Virtualand can organize more stuff to keep the flame burning.

Mizuki Ichirou VS SF4 Tournament
Planned for Mizuki

half ashamed half proud of myself.

But, 100% Stupid for knowing after that SF4 Tournament finished BEFORE Concert so i could have gone for both.

Sexually Transmitted Hyper Disease!!!
That’s like… Super Syphillis, or…or…Cyborg Crabs…or…even Godzillonorrhea!

NOOOOOO!!!

have been to virtualand too bad, no one is playing 3s there :(, i’ve tried sf4 though hehe, wasn’t use to the gaming system yet.

maybe i am ill informed but the last time i checked, boxer is only in the middle of the ranking.

you referring to 27 as a healthy number for those small bugis tournament with tokens as prizes? for a tournament of this scale and the attractive prize, i would expect to see more ppl in it. well, can only blame on the ks nesses of ppl in singapore. the ppl who i talked to who did not join always says cannot win one lah. omg, if everyone is winner, who will be the loser? :looney:

Boxer is middle of ranking because not everyone can utilise him properly, But as it is, Technically, Boxer is very very good. his Options may be limited to cahrge moves, but what he can Link off the Charged moves are what scares people.

It’s along the same vein of thought as saying Elf is Top Tier because he has the Loop, He has the tools, but how many in Singapore can use the Tools well. Well, that’ll slowly come, and come Mid December, an Elf will Return to Singapore and hopefully Loop people to death by then.

Meanwhile, I’m completely Confident that Jianhui will show more SGians that Boxer should belong higher above.

Actually, anyone who can

1. Get in (with Super Armor)
  2. Link off That First move into something else
  3. Damage you badly enough while recovering from the getting hit while getting in

Is already scary strong.

That’s Boxer and Elf.

Then there’s Sagat who’s just dumb powerhouse. And SG’s Sagats are still not even 1/4 their potential. I’m going to force Weitian to Sagat his way around because I’ve Seen his playstyle, and it scared me.

I’m actually referring to Jason Cole’s tier list which places Boxer at #1, which I completely agree with. Ino’s ranking is wrong on a few counts IMO.

Yah la, that’s typical SG mentality. I can’t win, therefore I won’t play. Everyone should read Sirlin’s ‘playing to win’ article. 1 hour playing in tournaments levels your game up more than 10 hours playing casual.

I agree with Roki. Charging in with Super Armor is just frikkin scary. Really, I hate Boxer more than Sagat now. And I play Elf, but have no idea how to fight him when someone else picks him. Random ex runs=wth am I supposed to do moments.

As for the Elf player coming back to SG, I hear that’s all he knows how to do, the loop. Put him under pressure and he will start doing stupid things. Hmm, must be the fear of eating one combo which for Elf=half his life lol…

But I agree Elf will definitely rise in the tiers as time goes by.

Hey guys I’m back!! Will be going to Bugis Friday night and I’d love to get some SF4 games in with everyone.