Shoryuken wants your feedback! Let’s build a brighter future together!

He’s dogging on the “leader” for never coming back to thread he made.

I legit think he has to be a better person than that. I like thinking the best of people: the world is way more enjoyable that way.

Dude asked us and never returned
That’s worth dogging on. You “think the best of people” shit is a reallu nice sentiment. I use it most of the time to, but I have little for someone who asks for our opinions and then never returns, never updates, not even smoke up our ass “Thanks for the feedback” nothing.

So he’s lost the benefit of the doubt and gets to be dogged on a bit for it. Don’t say you wanna work with people on making things better and then poof into non-existance.

He was barely even rude.

Hey there, guys. I really appreciate all of the honest responses you have made.

I apologize for not responding more quickly after making the initial post. There will be a more official statement on the site regarding the next steps soon, but essentially I am taking note of everything that has been shared and trying to find the most feasible ways to fulfill the requests that have been made both on the Feedback Hub, here on the forum, and on social media.

This is a huge undertaking for a team of people, but right now it is just me and Terry who is helping with the strategizing and web design. I am dedicating as much time as I can to building the site, working on content, and seeking out support, but I am only one person.

I know that it has been a very long time since there has been any kind of momentum with the site, but what we have accomplished in the last couple of months is huge in making SRK more than what it was before.

There are a lot of awesome ideas that I want nothing more than to make a reality. It is just going to take a lot of time, a lot of planning, and a lot of collaboration. I will work to be better on collaborating and making sure your voices are heard.

I apologize again for the lack of communication, but I promise you, I am doing as much as I can, whenever I can. I will be better at keeping the community in the loop with what is going on and where we are going next.

2 Likes

Also, Mr. Mostafles is a staff member from before we our lost our funding. He heard about the recent event and wrote about it as a volunteer. No new writers have been brought on since before we had to switch to being volunteers at the start of 2019.

Things are now changed per above comments, but I was just about to post this and think it’s a kinda useful perspective since I’ve been taking part in and leading volunteer efforts since high school:

In fairness, you had no idea of their current status or efforts.

Per above, you jump towards a conclusion here when you don’t really have enough information to “dog” them.

This is troubling for all sorts of reasons:

• you have no idea of their efforts nor plans. jumping to antagonism based upon what you deem to be poor communication seems needlessly destructive
  • organization, planning, and life happen: let people have time to work and think. took me ten days to figure out something, and I was also incommunicano during that time: do you need to dog me for that? if not why not? and that wiki example is an easy quick one: it can often take a lot longer to for work and thoughts to come together.
  • you want to dog somebody that tries. seems 1000% more productive to “dog” them by showing how it should be done, doing the work yourself if you don’t want to wait for them.

This is all volunteer/community-based. If you want it to grow, you need to give the few people that do step up time and love. Maybe yet another person disappears off the scene for whatever reason - Covid and the economy is fucking up life even more than normal - and if so that happens as it has happened and always will happen, and you can move on without that person. It ain’t no thang. But flipping people grief because they’re not prompt enough is needless.

And hey - looks like they were indeed busy, which seems awesome.

If you want things to grow and continue, give people time and support.

Sure, and all he had to do was drop by and clear things up which he has done. You’re taking some side ribbing too seriously. Stop it.

If it’s per above then why repeat yourself? I won’t do the same. Look above.

No it’s not. It’s internet ribbing.

He was givin tons of time and plenty of support from people here so don’t even start.

1 Like

I’m an overly sincere motherfucker with a lot of perspective. Volunteer-powered systems run on enthusiasm. Ribbing may be the only real feedback they get. Not all people find that encouraging or interesting. I want you and everybody else to have a great time playing games … and if you have the time energy and/or hopefully any skill maybe you use some time to make things better. If not, you’re awesome anyways.

Have you considered that maybe this is the issue? You’re trying to bring back a site that first you didn’t have an account for its biggest, most historic section and then you brought in a guy who also don’t have an account in its section.

If you have an idea of what you want, you should just put them out there and start calling for volunteers. You did some surveys, got together with one friend and then put the whole of fixing a site on your shoulders. Not only that you fall immediately into the trap that originally made the site go wacky.

3 Likes

Looks like I joined in the middle of a storm here.

Nah, this isn’t a storm. For people here this is just Tuesday.

8 Likes

Nobody is really beefing in here though.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah, just meant that there was a lot going on. One man running this place and various issues.

lol its nothing new. Sites been going on a downwards spiral for awhile now.

Just make do with what you got in the meanwhile while you’re here.

4 Likes

Cheers, might as well.

the main page has not meant shit for my entirety here since 2002?

I mean the forum has been the bread and butter of srk

1 Like

I honest to God can’t remember the last time I actually checked out the front page beyond using it as a means to get to the forums.

3 Likes

last time i did was hype for mvc3

But then i went to ign for umvc3

The last time I went to the front page my account was banned from visiting the front page. Lol

3 Likes

What front page lmao.

1 Like