She Hulk Team Building Thread

I noticed that there was no thread for She Hulk Teams so I started this.
Basically How do you guys use She Hulk as part of your teams?
What assists do you use as She Hulk and What team mates’ Assists benefit Shulkie the Most?

I’ve been using doom/morrigan with doom rocks and morrigans super charging assist. morrigans pretty much just for her assist and lv3 xfactor mirror image shenanigans to finish off a team. she hulk/doom are the meat and potatoes of the team. Works very well, can switch from in your face to keep away easily and c.:h:, :h: heavy strike+doom rocks is great for keeping on someones ass.

Still a work in progress. I started off with She-Hulk/Doom/Tron because I played Rogue/Doom/Tron in MvC2. Not a great team by any means. Tron no longer has the oh-so-damaging assist, and I still haven’t gotten used to the new movement for Bonne Strike. I switched Tron for Trish. I like having the Hopscotch assist. I also swapped Molecular Shield for Plasma Beam. This team is still lacking though.

On point Shulk is good with an assist that covers her and puts shit on the screen so she can close in. Doom rocks, Sent drones, Ammy cold star, Hsien-Ko armored pendulum, etc. are all good for this.

Other than that defensive assists like Haggar lariat, Tron gustaff fire, are useful for keeping people off you.

I’m currently using Shulk as my point char with either Haggar/Sent, Haggar/Tron, Spidey/Tron.

As far as an assist, she really isn’t that bad. Her torpedo assist is a decent otg, which makes her useful to have to extend combos, it also sets up characters with a strong jumpin/overhead game to makes some of those hits unblockable. For example, I like to Shulk torpedo assist + Haggar jump pipe. Her Flashkick is also a pretty good anti-air and she lands behind you after it’s finished, making her pretty well protected.

She also works well with someone that can DHC into and out of combos with her, some DHC’s off the top of my head:

Emerald Cannon 3x hit DHC into:
Haggar body press
Both Super Skrill lv 1’s
Magneto Shockwave
Hsien-Ko lv 1’s
Hulk rocks
Dormammu Inferno

Emerald Cannon 2x hit DHC into:
Max Spider
Gamma crush

DHC into Emerald Cannon:
Max Spider (this one is kind of tough. Timing, distance dependent)

She Hullk/Chris(machine gun)/Sent(drones) is godlike. Really, Chris covers your approach and Sent stops rushdown.

i’ve been running she-hulk/trish/dorm lately. peekaboo assist works well for people hovering over my head (since they’re generally scared to be on the ground with she-hulk) and black hole is decent. if dorm assist catches, you get a free slide into launch. DHC is also really easy with this team. plus, i can solo with trish or dorm vs zoners if i think the matchup is looking bad for she-hulk. she may be my point character, but i can tell when it’s a good time to tag her out if the fight isn’t going in her favor. keep that in mind when building your team: will it be as effective even if she-hulk is not there? if not, you better be playing a damn good she-hulk.

hsienko(pendulum assist)/shehulk (torpedo for otg and to help hsienko and doom to do high low setups/playing around with flashkick for hsienko) doom(rocks assist/playing around with hidden missiles for hsienko and shulk)

hsienko’s pendulum, when invulnerable, is an insanely great assist to get in, and can dhc with shehulk. shehulk’s flashkick might be able to help anti air areas hsienko is not as good at antiairing (i’d say rihgt above her head). hidden missiles can also do this, but still playing around with this. i dunno if i need such a similar assist with rocks and pendulum so i’m playing with hidden missiles

thinking of trying tron as well

update: 2-23-2011: having trouble with this team.

update: 3-1-2011: having success with this team. one big problem was that i was simply spamming hsien ko too much. use her intelligently -> don’t use her if she has no chance of getting close to opponent. however, hsien ko is really good vs sentinel assist, and really makes things alot easier for shehulk to get in by exploding missiles at long to medium range, or short range.

i realized i could do this: put hsien ko on point. put shehulk as 3rd. when you cast golden armor, you have the option to DHC another character in, or you can call in shehulk via partner 2 button. this means hsien ko becomes ur 3rd and if shehulk (new point) dies, doom (2nd) will come out instead, and you will retain golden armor throughout the entier match.

if you cast golden armor and they expect you to call in another person, you can actually take advantage of their anticipation of another character coming in by taking the offensive with hsien ko. if you are good with her you might be able to turn the situation around

I’m thinking of trying She Hulk/Ammy/Trish

They’re three of my fav characters in this game. Ammy and trish both have great assists
also ammy has an good overhead which I can use to set up an unblockable attack. This team might turn out to be pretty fun :slight_smile:

not alot of good DHCs in there tho

I currently use shulk on point, I.M. repulsor blast and hulk gamma charge Horizontal. Other notable characters Dorm/Dark hole, Chun/lightning legs both are great for slide to launcher setup. Repulsor blast is a good follow up after OTG torpedo, actually juggles still experimenting on what I can follow up with after though.

You can DHC the last hit of emerald canon into proton canon.

I’m using Skrull/She-Hulk/Spencer. Skrul’ls orbital grudge and the otg slam punch assists create something to worry about while she hulk bounces off the wall or tries to land a command grab. she hulks torpedo assist is incredible, allowing both spencer and skrull to combo off of a wall bounce in situations where its awkward to try to dash in.

Speak of DHC, you can DHC the last hit of emerald cannon into spencer’s bionic maneuvers. It doesn’t do a massive amount of damage, but it could be that little bit of extra damage that takes out the last character if you’ve used X-Factor already.

I save X-Factor for spencer because his combo’s are quite easy to land and he does MASSIVE amounts of damage in Level 3 X-Factor.

One cool thing that I noticed with Trish is that if you use her peekaboo assist you can hit a medium heavy strike or Take out the trash. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing they can do if they get caught in Trish’s trap

Actually I just found something else really cool.

If you use Trish’s round harvest hyper and DHC into She-Hulk’s Sunday Driver it will connect if she’s close enough, it takes 4 meters and you basically get nothing from trish’s hyper but it’s a cool way to combo into sunday driver

the best part is that if you use a character like Hsien-Ko and chain some normals into her transformation super you get the boosted assist from hsien ko and you connect with sunday driver

also She Hulk can keep comboing after sunday driver which is cool

Also I found a way to DHC into taking out the trash. It’s kinda useless since it costs two bars of meter but it’s fun. if you hit an airborne enemy with Amaterasu’s heavy paper slash you can cancel it into amaterasu time slow super and DHC into taking out the trash and it will usually connect. like I said worthless but fun:)

using magneto/akuma/she-hulk

magneto beam is pretty helpful full/mid and i use akuma tatsu once im in range. i mostly use her as an assist though for unblock shenanigans.

Does anyone know if you can get the extension when she does Emerald Cannon as part of a THC?

Only if Shulkie’s on point. However, the timing does get a bit stricter / trickier, and often will miss due to the other member’s hitstun locking them in place.

can She hulk’s OTG assist extend air combos? As in I do an air combo that ends in a special attack and then she hulk connects a torpedo and extends my combo? i haven’t been able to pull it off

Good question, Shepperd

I’m wondering something else: so far it looks like most of you put Shulkie on point, but Vani mentioned keeping her at the back. This is something Ive been experimenting with, and Im wondering how effective it might be to have a level 3 x-factor she-hulk at the back to finish up the other team. She doesn’t have as much trouble with Sent as I anticipated, thanks to Taking Out the Trash…

anyone else using doom feel like the difficulty in incorporating him into 3 hyper combos (via dhcs) makes him a potential weak link?
it’s easy to have him help u do 2 hyper combos though

edit:
i think if you posted your team up, maybe it’s worth it to edit your post with potential problems/problems you have run into with your team, instead of posting again and again.

maybe we could turn the first post into a post with different types of teams, and links to posts where people discuss their team. something like this:

Teams:

With Shehulk on Point
1.Brahma: Haggar/Sent, Haggar/Tron, Spidey/Tron - LINK

With Shehullk not on Point:
1.Liluoke: Hsienko/Shulk/Doom - LINK

iono. just a suggestion. i can do it if you guys want.

I realize that I’m quoting myself but i managed to get she hulk’s torped assist to connect and extend a chun li air combo. It works nicely after an air medium to heavy lightning kicks special combo

My team I’ve been using for a while now is Shulk-Torpedo/Dormammu-dark hole/Hulk-gamma wave.

Marvel VS Capcom 3
Newcomer?s Team Assessment Questionnaire

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?
    Shulk-Torpedo/Dormammu-dark hole/Hulk-gamma wave.

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)
    I’ve been using Shulk as a battery of sorts. I use Gamma wave assist to cover her approaches with c.:h:/:qcf::l/:walljump to safely try and start a combo, then go for a reset, where I can DHC out once I build meter, TAC out, or tag in off a corner command grab.

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?
    Strong combos with reset possibilities, good DHC out, strong AA with flashkick, c.:h: kara into AA hyper/:qcf::m:.

What disadvantages does your point character have?
Can be kind of tough to get in on heavy projectile spam. If opponents knows resets well can be kind of tough to keep damage up without meter.

What maneuverability options does your point character have?
Walljump, run, Kara cancel grabs, .c:h: under some projectiles.

How will your assists aid your point character?
Gamma wave is great for covering her approach, Dark hole is alright at doing the same, though I wouldn’t mind having a butter utility assist in that slot. Purification is alright AA, but Shulk doesn’t really lack in that department.

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?
    Adaptable, good keepout, good rushdown. Good chip, full screen punishes.

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?
Can be touch to keep out rushdown without a fire carpet out.

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?
Teleport, 8w airdash. Doesn’t necessarily need to move around though.

How will your assists aid your secondary character?
Gamma wave is great at pushing people back into dark hole for either chip or combo into Flame. Torpedo is great for teleport mixups and airdash approaches.

1. What advantages does your last character have?
    Damage. Super armor normals.

What disadvantages does your last character have?
Tough to get in, especially vs good keepaway.

What maneuverability options does your last character have?
Decent dash, gamma charge.

How will your assists aid your last character?
Torpedo gives OTG combo extension as well as sets up some unblockable combo starters. Dark Hole just kind of helps him at medium range to lock people down. Again, I could probably use a different assist here.

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
    Shulk can combo Dropkick into either Flame or Crush for good damage. AA hyper combos into Flare or Crush. Crush does great damage alone and can also be canceled into Flame and some cases dropkick. So pretty much Shulk can DHC into either and Hulk and Dormammu can DHC pretty freely between each other, and can safe DHC on whiff as well.

2. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)? I haven’t actually tried it yet, but with their DHC game I don’t know that I need it.

3. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?
    Dormammu and Hulk both burn meter pretty heavily, so I have to go sparingly on Shulk hypers, until I have some meter built up. Dormammu does well on point with the assists selected, but Hulk has a tough time approaching without some sort of cover assist, and I feel that Shulk could benefit from a better utility assist as well.

4. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
    Pretty comfortable, though I wouldn’t mind replacing Dormammu w/ someone else who could deal with keepaway well and give the team a better assist. I like Dormammu, esp. on point on this team, and he’s great at what he does and has great DHCs, but his shitty assists can be somewhat of a hindrance. I might switch back to Sent-drones, Tron-Fire/rock, or someone that can deal with keepaway and/or can battery.