Shanghai China

Hi, I’ll be in Shanghai for this next week. Any place where most people go to meet up? A time/place? Thanks!

i m going to be in shanghai the 1st of february (2010). my plane will land in the afternoon, and i 'd like to play in some arcades while i’m there. I will leave on the 2nd of february,so just one day.
I dont play capcom games (i used to play sf2ce a lot but not anymore), i just play kof games. I already asked on kofunion about arcades that own kof games, but i want to ask also here (if anyone of u lives in shanghai of course). Any tips?
Moreover i might need help for a train ticket. As u know during my staying there it will be guonian (chinese new year) and take train tickets will be impossible for me. I tell u the situation:
i will arrive in Shanghai on the 1st of Feb. ,spend the night there. Then i have to leave to Jinhua on the 2nd of Feb. Well, i know that i cant buy the train ticket on the day of my arrival due to the guonian… so i would need help about that. If anyone is willing to help me , i will treat him/her to a beer/mian eheh
Hope somebody could help me (for both questions (arcades/ticket)). Thx :slight_smile:

Check out ??, they have like a million KOF setups… well, pretty much every arcade does.

By the way I’m going to be settling in Kunshan (like twenty-thirty minutes outside of Shanghai) on the 23rd of this month, and I will very probably be working IN Shanghai, so I hope I’ll be able to meet the rest of you guys soon :slight_smile:

yeah, i will definitely go to ?? (also because i ll be in shanghai just one night)… i hope some kofunion fellas will join me… i m really looking forward to play with some chinese kof players (and other nationality of course)
if u ll be in shanghai in january, u think u can help me out?

hey guys i just managed to get an xbox live account to play ssf4, any of you guys on that? my tag is HLXINO, unluckily i do not have microphone, i played a few chinese ppl from BJ and the lag was pretty good from here in Shenzhen, let me know if you guys want a match!

Hey hlxino. I will be glad to get a few games with you on xbox live. I live in shanghai so I hope the lag will not be bad. I will add you later today my tag is Chong M N.

I may be staying in Shanghai for a couple weeks this summer. Although that is a long time from now, so machines may have been updated/removed by then, can anyone by any chance give a breakdown of what music games (DDR, Pump It Up, jubeat, REFLEC BEAT, DJMAX Technika, GuitarFreaks/Drummania, Taiko, etc.) there are?

(edit: I don’t need an exact breakdown by any means, but it’d be nice to know which arcades, if any, actually stay current with music games. i’d ask on a music-related forum but bemanistyle’s Asia forum is completely dead…)

As far as i know, Zheng Yang should be relocated outside of shanghai in a couple of months, but right now you can find one DDR, 6 Taikos and 3 or 4 other musical games (DJ stuffs).
Lie Huo has 2 Taiko machines, one DDR, about 4 DJ stuffs.
For the others, i’m quite sure you can find musical games in all of them, but i never saw any GuitarFreaks or Drummania in Shanghai.

Also, if you’re not too much into fighting games, you can check the Sega arcades in People’s Square (New World City building, 7th Floor), lots of choice, around 8 different Taiko versions, etc.

Hey Guys, Ive been living in Shanghai for a few months now, Im planning to stay here for quite a while. Anyways Ive been to some arcades, lately most of the time in Sichuan Bei Lu, because they have SSF4. Ive also brought my PS3 with me but cannot find enough good online competitors and often there is lag. If some ppl want to meet up in an Arcade or at Home to have some matches and some fun, then hit me up. PM me! Or e-mail me if its easier, ugehan@hotmail.com

Yo Han, a bunch of the Beijing crew is hitting shanghai in a couple of weeks. I’ll let you know more when I know it.

To answer your question from earlier, no I picked up MvC3 when I was stateside.

ok no problem, just let me know when you guys are planning to come to Shanghai.

Yea that Zhengyang arcade is to come here I heard…

Which is… meh because what are we going to do with three copies of old T6??? >:(

Uh new question. Anyone know if there are any arcades in Taicang? I tried googling “?? ???” and although my Chinese isn’t very good, I basically got the impression that in 2009/10 they shut down all the arcades? Or did they just shut down places with gambling machines?

If there aren’t any in Taicang, how long does it take to get from Taicang to Shanghai using public transportation? A family friend said ~2 hours by subway. Google Maps said 7+ hours. I know Google Maps isn’t really what you should be using in China, so what maps/directions service do people use in the mainland? Baidu?

Thanks.

Hello hello folks!

I’m in Beijing right now, but I will be moving to Shanghai in the near future for an extended period of time for work (>year). I’ve been in Shanghai for a few months before, but I haven’t really hit the scene really there at all. Hope I’ll get to meet you guys! I’m probably going to be staying around the ??? area.

Cheers~

Ya, Taicang is kind of… out there lol. When I was back in Kunshan we all thought that, and thats coming from someone whose in Kunshan, so that should give you an idea lol. What do you play? You can come to Kunshan if you play Tekken, there is about 7-8 of us who play, or for 97. But ya, for SF you’re best going online…

You can try using map.baidu.com, but thats best for directions within one city. You’re better off Baidu’ing… I’m not sure how in-date this is but ya: ?????? ???û!!!??? ???(???)???_???

Edit: Opera doesn’t like recognise Chinese in weblinks… err

Just let me know when you are here. There quite some arcades here. I am in HongKou area.

I actually don’t really play fighting games at all… I’m more interested in finding arcades with music games, particular DDR X2, Pump It Up Fiesta EX 2011, and jubeat knit. Are there any arcades in Kunshan? I don’t see how to get there from Taicang by public transportation, but it’s closer than Shanghai I guess…

I’m not really clear on music games but I doubt we have any of those lol, still if you’re interested, theres a bus from ??? to the train station in Kunshan ???_?? The feeling I get is that Kunshan is not at all far from Taicang, if you come by give me a call (pm me for nr), I’m not in Kunshan now but I know a lot of friends and will be able to tell you where to go ~

Anyone know if

• Shanghai Zheng Yang Games: West Guang Yuan Road, Xu Hui District no. 315-1F.
    has moved out of Shanghai yet…?

Um… Sega Player’s Arena is closed?
???Sega Player’s Arena??25??? - ??? - A9VG???