Shanghai China

hey guys, i’m a canadian dude teaching english in seoul and i’m going to shanghai for vacation for like a week prolly next week. i’m wondering if i should bring my xbox 360 and try to get some local competition for ssf4

skill level wise, i doubt i’ll be the best. actually i know i won’t be the best, but i hopefully can give the top players a few tough matches. the competition in south korea is fucking amazing

i doubt i can hit up any arcades but how’s the scene on Xbox live? or does everyone just log onto japan’s network?

I’ll be at the arcade in xu hui this afternoon.

hey guys i’m also in shanghai right now and will be heading to ZhengYang this afternoon… hope to see some of u there… i’m a chinese kid 5’11 using balrog. If u see me, come say hi…

spider tao: yo man, u gotta let me know when ur in shanghai, i’ll treat u to dinner/massage. And we gotta plya for money in sf4 :china:

Shoutouts to JS Master! Nice to meet you at the arcade today. I was so glad there was someone there who spoke English!

I will be going to ZhengYang again tomorrow in the afternoon/evening, maybe earlier if I don’t get my last massage before I leave =[[[

I might go there in the end of the afternoon. I wanted to go out and do some stuff today, but the weather’s just too damn hot :sweat:

@Dayman & meiji_99 That was so nice meeting you guys at ZhengYang yesterday !

Does anyone know if the arcade is closed today?

Oh yeah because of the holyday stuff. I dunno, i’d like to know too before i go out under that rain…

i am going there to see if its opened. if you wanna know you can just text me 13472516465

Im going to Lie-Huo tonight, maybe around 9 PM or 10 PM. Anyone coming ?
Let’s meet up in there, thanks.

@Dayman & gou1
Thanks for yesterday guys, i hope we can meet up again tonight.

@Dayman, Kakarotto_SH, gou1
Thanks for everything guys, i had such a great time in Shanghai.
I hope we can meet up & play again together next time.
Au Revoir, Terima Kasih (Thank You).

@Dynicksty
Too bad we can’t meet up, i hope we can play together next time.
Thanks.

Sama sama !

hi does anyone wanna go to Zheng Yang tmr? i’m thinking early afternoon around 2pm

hey guys! Im staying here in Shanghai for a pretty long time, at least a year. Ive been in Beijing before and the arcades were pretty sick there. I hope the competition is the same or even better in Shanghai. If anyone of you guys wold like to hit me p and show me around the ssf4 arcade scene, pm me. I live in Hongkou, hope its not too far from zhengyang or guangyan lu. Hit me up soon and pm me your number.

I highly recommend that you go to zhengyang because it’s a great arcade and that’s where their top players go AFAIK.

Today I went to Xujiahui and it was kinda disappointing. I was looking around for the arcade and couldnt find anything till I got to the Metro City. There is a SEGA arcade. Very disappointing and there were only two cabs and noone playing. Thereby the stick was almost broken, couldnt DP properly… I would like to know where Zhengyang is and how to get there, if anyone can help me it would be great!

IIRC the Xujiahui station is the closest to zhengyang and the arcade is on West Guang Yang Road. The address for every arcade is on the first page of the thread.

In ShangHai you can’t find places by looking around ^^ You need the exact address. As said previously, the addresses are on the first page. There are 6 SF4 cabs and very good level at ZhengYang, so it’s definately the best place to go.

Yea thanx to gou1 I found the Zhengyuan arcade with the 6 cabs. It was pretty nice. In the beginning I was at another game hall, dont really know its name but its also in guanyuan xi lu, at the beginning of the street, next to a big mall with KTV lights. Its on the sixth floor and has 4 cabs. Two of the four cabs you can pick all sf4 characters, pretty strange. It also had an xbox account. In the end only the competition was little bit less amusing than Zhengyuan.

Hi all,

I’ll be in shanghai from 26oct to 2nd nov and hope to see some of you there. i played with Dayman?? yesterday with his killer chun-li. Anybody that want to meet up. PM me.

Hope to see some of you SRK members soon.

Thx.