SFV Lounge: SRK Cross Tag Battle

Mike was for the people and I respect him for that.
He used to come to PeacefulJay’s stream and talk/play with us. A lot of players used to do that but times have changed.

Whatever he went through and how he wants to handle it is up to him, he’s a grown ass man at the end of the day. I wish em’ the bes

E-sports is…something…and I don’t have it in me to give my opinions on E-sports+Capcom. Just give me Falke and a new Capcom Fighting Game or do they plan on riding this SFV wave for the next 10 years.

SFV is here to stay for at least another 3 years but I’ll bet on closer to 5. There is nothing that stops it from improving incrementally until the next gen consoles are ready and primed to host SF6.

I’ll be happy with more characters, another general story, and more toys for the existing roster for years to come.

As for Mike, I think anyone would be hardpressed to find someone who doesn’t wish him all the best. He’s a good guy in a dark place, but he’ll make it.

And the FGC will always have a place for him if he ever decides to become a dicksucker. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

2019 trailer and 2020 release of sf6…hopefully.
and this time done propperly from the beginning…sfv and mvci should have been a lesson.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GameRant/status/977862117612236801

No surprises there. Disney killed this game as far as I am concerned, much like how they killed Star Wars. With their concerns for PR.

SF4 lived for like 7 years.
You can expect the same for SF5 (especially because a lot of people haven’t seen their favorite characters yet).
Release was 2 years ago, so 5 more years until SF6.

1 Like

yeah, because capcom had no money to make a new sf title earlyer not because capcom wanted to drag it out so long.

sony stepped in…otherwhise we would have no sfv till now. so it depends on if they do it again for 6 with a possible new console. when not capcom is dragging it out longer again because making dlc for a existing game is cheaper then to create a complete new one. the win marging in sfv is most likely higher too. i wouldnt be surprised when capcom made more money with the dlc´s than with the game itself.

SFV is finally making sales and like I said previously it hasn’t peaked yet. I think it will though this season or next.

This year we will get Sagat and arguably one of the most important patch updates which addresses the input lag and possibly improving the online experience.

If the rumors of a second General Story are also true, then SFV is definitely doing well enough to warrant something that indulgent.

For better or worse, games last longer these days and peak much later in their lifecycle. SF5 is great but still has so much more room to grow and improve.

SF6 can chill for a bit.

2 Likes

where do you get that from that it makes sales?
the ae release barely brought any new people into the game and the sale numbers just climbed up a bit.
the game itself isnt selling that well but thats ok, dlc and cpt does and as long as they make money with the game its fine, no matter which way it happens.

there is no confirmation about that they actually work on the input lag update from the ue engine.
beside of that, the most important patch update would be a improvement of the netcode and the cfn matchmaking system. after two years into the game people cant make the input lag responsible for theire loses anymore.

rumors…i doubt it will happen because it doesnt bring money in but we will see.
which games would that be? playerbase right now is shrinking, for every fighting game over time till a new iteration comes out. i agree on that part, there is really much more room for the game to improve.

3 Likes

Rumors and hearsay, no evidence to back your claims

Should have expected as much

SFV is a bad product and they’re not gonna do anything substantial past this mediocre AE update

1 Like

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/03/26/cloak-yourself-in-darkness-with-darkstalkers-costumes-for-menat-juri-and-urien-in-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-on-april-3

Paid Darkstalkers costumes are now a thing.

2 Likes

No Felicia outfit for Menat

I’ve been lied to

Indeed, but the most important part of this news is flat Juri! :smile:

I am definitely getting this Menat outfit.
Don’t like the Juri one unfortunately.

1 Like

Where’s Morrigan Chun?

And more importantly, where’s Falke?

If a Felicia costume happens Mika is gonna get it. She has those Felicia curves. Even if Menat has the nyan factor.

1 Like

Yeah, but the rumor/leak from before said that Menat was getting a Feli one. And to an extent I preferred that 'cause I actually use Menat, even if she doesn’t quite have the figure

Guess I’ll see if I can get that Mika mod working again

Sakura seems like a more natural fit for a Lilith costume. I’m surprised they gave it to Juri. Style wise, I get more of a Q-Bee vibe from Juri. I get the Anakaris/mummy theme for Menat, but she already has a beastly mummy costume. Gonna pass on these.

1 Like

Yeah I hear ya. I remember that leak list. I’m still waiting for the Remember Me Laura, or whoever she was supposed to be.

Also if I had to guess a DS character for Menat I never in a thousand years would have picked what she got. I totally would have stuck her with Lilith or Felicia.

I wonder if the costume code for Juri will bring her titties back :thinking:

3 Likes