SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

You are a naughty boy and deserve spankings for doing that.

I main Juri, do you think i would mind that ?

Degenerates, the lot of you!
For shame!

Alan-Youre-Language-is-Offensive-Hangover

For some, SFV feels ā€˜strangeā€™, itā€™s an awkward feeling. I think most because of people playstyle and fundamentals about SF in general. Coming from a SF completely different from the previous one can be a reason, even some the lucky ones who kept the same main characters through the transition from 4 to 5 didnā€™t adapt well. I would give a more precise statement about that if I had Makoto, but I canā€™t and I have the bad feeling that moment ainā€™t coming anytime soon.

3 Likes

Well,I hope everyone gets his favorite character back,even though I know thatā€™s not possible.

Making the switch from 4 to 5 was strange for me as well since I went from Juri and Gouken to Cammy.Half a year later I switched to Juri when she was added and never looked back.The change was rough to say the least.

I donā€™t have mad love for SF5 but I stopped trying to live in the past cause it wonā€™t change anything.

SFV has many flaws but itā€™s still enjoyable to me.

2 Likes

I still remember how rough it was making the transition from SF2 HD Remix to SF4. I hated it. Focus Attacks. 2 Button throws instead of F or B+HP/HK like I was accustomed to. Backdashes. All of it was highly annoying to me. For me, SF2 felt basic enough to understand, so all of these additional systems made me question if I could even compete on a basic level.

When 3rd Strike Online came out, I stopped playing SF4 for a good while and put all of my focus into that. 3rd Strike is a pretty complex game that I had a blast learning. Parrying was so cool. That was the only game I wanted to play at that time.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I believe if he was innocent the investigation shouldnā€™t have taken this long. I think heā€™s in trouble. Smoke is always fire in the FGC. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve felt since the case first came up and Iā€™ll honestly be surprised if he comes out innocent. Sucks

4 Likes

Falke makes a gud Juri

Alright, alil too gud

2 Likes

I have no words to describe the amount of wrong that there are on the pictures you posted.

2 Likes

Would ibuki be op if she didnā€™t have to recharge her daggers?

1 Like

Worse than this?

Yea its very different. Especially for people where sf4 was their first competitive fighting game. We spent 6-7 years in some cases learning to be very methodical. Take time to properly assess before making a move. Let people kill themselves. Focus on neutral into very safe oki.

Then comes sfv where thatā€™s actually bad strategy. Proactive>Reactive in this.

It extends into what we thought was the proper way to train. The thought process that determines decisions made on defense.

Its all brand new. I think people where either sfv is their first competitive fg or where people played a bunch of fgs other than sf4 have a much better shot than those of us who only played sf4.

2 Likes
3 Likes

SF5 is a weird game, it has terrible footsies, yet the better at footsies you are, the better the player you will be.

At least thatā€™s my experience. I noticed vs a platinum guy today. There wasnt much he couldnā€™t do technically - combo, shimmy, hit confirm, AA, but he couldnā€™t quite ever get into the right positions consistently and thus continually made bad decisions like jumping or dashing and was always kind of looking for that epic jump in or CC.

I guess SF5 just has a different type of footsies, itā€™s more about not getting into bad spots rather than whiff punishing and also learning when you yourself are in a bad spot.

5 Likes

SFV has footsies but the entire meta of the game is to bypass neutral with a random yolo move.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a good way of putting it. Itā€™s more like marvel or anime footsies with some SF thrown in.

I remember asking shizza what offense was to himā€¦ he literally said ā€œgetting frame advantageā€ I expected him to say doing mixups or throw the opponent or do damage or hit themā€¦ bla bla blaā€¦ but nope, for him offense was getting and grabbing frame advantage and not allowing the other person to get frame advantage.

What does it mean for sf5? Well like anime and marvel games, there isnā€™t really any reactive wiff punishing going on in mosts instances, but what is going on is:

Trying not to wiff big things that give your opponent a chance to make you block (giving up frame advantage)
Trying to stay out of the wrong spacings while trying to get to the spacings where you can safely try and grab some frame advantage.
Trying to grab a height advantage or some other character or matchup specific dynamic space advantage.

In many ways this is sf5. Problem is that some chacters are playing anime sf5, and some characters are playing street fighter sf5, and some characters are playing v trigger sf5.

3 Likes

I think the best players have integrated what they know on top of realising you need to play rando So you canā€™t survive on just footsies and you canā€™t survive on just rando. Itā€™s an integration.

3 Likes

I tried to play footsies with a Sagat and he jumped 3 times towards me to close the distance. So I started to jump also but he didnā€™t know how to AA DP. I felt bad so I jumped some more hoping to help him out. He rage quitted.

5 Likes

Input delay is lower but I still canā€™t react to Ken sweep xx run

15 Likes