SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

PS. My post about blocking was totally not sponsored by the command grappler association, nope.
I am clean!

2 Likes

Only time you should stop blocking is if they have a command grab. Then you gonna die.

1 Like

so yall rly gonna ignore DJ was already in the life lead and had no reason to engage, MoonMan ainā€™t Japaneseā€¦and the timer was tinkling down already

seems to me Menat might need a 1 bar VT and a new special move that allows her orb to overhead you half screen

3 Likes

Fang V-Skill idea isnā€™t that bad, but I dunno how much impactful would be for him. His V-Skill has to have an utility like Ibuki or Guile, probably would be better if he would have the ability to combo into it. Sure thing is wack as it is, but thereā€™s a lot of so so V-Skills out there. Even Zeku V-Skill could be better, especially the Old Form one.

I still donā€™t know what FANGs V-triggers do. I had to figure out Zekuā€™s stuff because he hits really fucking hard and Zeku players were starting to advanceā€¦if Zeku gets some buffs I hope theyā€™re major I want to see him in Top 5 more often

3 Likes

Sako would have had me hit like 5 seconds in, but thatā€™s what makes Menat beautiful. It takes Sako to open you up faster than 10 seconds with her V Trigger. If I do 20 second block down Sako though Iā€™m gonna go off (realistically just V reversal or EX PP). Falke got that huge double hitting V Reversal to get anime off of her.

Also @javert was right. Time Out Edition is coming

2 Likes

He wasnā€™t gonna beat the OG anyway but that jump back at 10 seconds sealed the deal for meā€¦he ainā€™t breaking that wall of ā€œlame stuffā€

1 Like

LOL yeah the jump back at 10 seconds must have just been like ā€œWTF is his stick stuck on block? Let me regroup here.ā€ Iā€™m sure realistically he jumped back because the air ones are only good if you move away and then set them up off a jump in. Which he did, but thereā€™s no real mix up other than a frame trap if Iā€™m in the corner.

Iā€™ve generally learned the best way to beat most Menats online is to just keep walking away from them during the trigger and lure them into activating on block. If they have to block VTC youā€™re most likely going to make them lose one or 2 balls before you get hit. Burning time and reducing the amount of damage and setups they can perform. Most Menats have pretty shitty block activate setups so if you block their VTC you already won have the battle. Get a V Reversal in RIP.

3 Likes

Menat v Trigger feels like easy mode marvel. Just block the nonsense until it is up.

I played against a great diamond menat the other day and did quite well despite the ranking difference and almost took the set from her. Her pokes felt OP but the trigger was basically wait for the overhead the game, didnā€™t feel to borked to me.

3 Likes

Why would I point the fact that he was playing Falke properly? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can I have armoured, throw invincible ex SPD pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

LOL. That clip is every top player stream summed up in 30 seconds.

Xian: Man this guy is a jumper. The only way he hits me is if he jumps.

*Xian jumps into armored command grab counter thing and dies"

Xian: ā€¦ what happened?

2 Likes

Not even the pros know G has a 2nd VT.

ā€¦one that seems decent at blowing up mindless pressure, to boot.

2 Likes

Its only ok if top players jump. Unknowns are scrubby

1 Like

Also whatā€™s up everyone. Having a baby tomorrow. Gonna stress myself out a little more by testing this input lag shit

9 Likes

Congrats. Iā€™m taking care of a baby right now. 2 mos old!

1 Like

Gā€™s VT2 is really goodā€¦ its just that his VT1 will make you milli rock on any characters neck so hard aint no way you should pick VT2.

Canā€™t mod in Robo Juri because Capcom are bastards.

Anywho Laura Ivy

Well youā€™ve also got cross up, instant overhead and she can actually punish V reversals if she jumps over you.

Itā€™s a 3 bar if ever I seen one, all day everyday. Ibuki I could hack being 2 bar if she couldnā€™t build it so easy.

Also anyone noticed the trend for SF5 is to continually suggest a change to an entire mechanic for everyone. Does fuck all for the game. Actually makes it less deep.

3 Likes

Trife keeping it real while the rest of us nerd out on frame numbers.

1 Like