SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

Her AE/Ultra version of Soul Satellite was much more fair in comparison to Menat’s VT1.

Super SFIV Soul Satellite was basically as cheap as Menat VT1 for slightly different reasons. It was essentially a frame 1 invincible activation super that put you in a frame trap that could set up a full combo if you got lucky and blocked. If you got hit it was basically a reversal that put you into full combos and allowed setup. If she had super you were probably dead from a reversal. The invincibility plus the orbs pretty much protected her full body from being hit by anything once she got it. Which is why Rose players in Super never spent meter on EX reversals and just backdashed all day. You can at least force Menat to burn V Reversals. Using V Reversals and EX DPs work pretty good at breaking up her trigger pressure (especially if you have a long ranged V reversal)

They’ll most likely either make his EX reversal really slow so you can OS block it like Ed/Falke or they’ll just make his CGs have trash range to compensate. That’s the one fatal flaw that all of the grapplers and hybrid grapplers in SFV have to have. They only get armor at best and only Birdie/Abi get frame 1 armor. Necalli has a command grab, but it’s slow start up and only meant to compliment his gameplay like a Fei Long/Twins CG.

Hawk was kinda the Ken version of grapplers,if that makes any sense.

At least if you play him like Koji KOG used to.

Koji is a nut. Anime player + grappler player = gonna nut it out. He’s reaping the benefits of his grappler BB Tag team being really good as well.

He would be a perfect Abigail player. Maybe now that the game is getting an arcade cab he might slip in some V at the arcades.

1 Like

I just don’t understand Capcom. They do things that make you think they are finally learning, then they just go silent. Input delay fix comes out today and nothing about it, yet they randomly drop info about an update to sf30th.

I mean it’s coming out today so we just gotta wait, but still would have liked to see them detail it out in a post. Maybe it will come later.

3 Likes

You ever consider that the reason they aren’t hyping up the fix is that it’s not nearly as comprehensive as people believe it will be? All we know is that a “fix” is happening. We don’t know how extensive it will be. It’s better to shut up about it and let everyone else say how big a deal it is than it is to hype it up and risk it doing nothing and looking like fools for the 100th time.

1 Like

Just be on PC master race and you’re already good either way. Hopefully Canada Cup players get to enjoy a less laggy game (at minimum get rid of the interval lag stuff), but I’m just going to stick to PC until then.

Like I said before including Rose could sound redundant with Menat already in, but I can see them saying F-U to the no-clones story and I’m ok with that. I can’t see Makoto dumped again, especially after the official poll, outside me there will be A LOT of people upset by that. If the rumors about Crack is true, then Viper can be in the game who fits her well. Everyone has rights to ask for a specific character, personally I’m asking for a character I want to use and stick with it.

Rose will definitely get shifted up a bit if she gets in. I don’t think she’ll be as much of a port of old Rose as Guile and Sagat are ports of their old selves. She probably won’t be as dramatic as Juri, Birdie or Vega, but I see at least Blanka levels of changes for her.

1 Like

Rose and Makoto? I’m good with it.

Then don’t tweet about it and just stick it in a patch without letting people know like they’ve been doing the past 2 years.

That tweet has gotten everyone’s hopes up.

Not mine. 2 seasons (+beta) too long for that

1 Like

There will be plenty of room for Rose after Capcom pulls a classic rebalance and destroys Menat in S4. :upside_down_face:

Honestly if there is a company and franchise that shouldn’t be gunshy about redundant characters, it is Capcom with SF. At a certain point the character pool gets deep enough that you have role crowding anyways so they mightas well include fan favorites in an effort to keep people checking in season by season.

Viper, Rose, Makoto, Oro, those put butts in the seats (metaphorically). Another reason I could see Honda because he’s legacy, or hell even any of the missing New Challengers just because there is solid name recognition and fandom there.

Upside to all this, and probably why X-Kira is flailing a bit more for attention, is that Capcom was forthcoming about S3 chars and it generally paid off for them, so I can see them being up front about S4 as well. Just gotta sit tight until CPT and we’ll know who to look forward to or dread in the coming year.

2 Likes

As much as I want Rose back, if she is back, I will be forced to drop Falke to play her instead. :frowning:

1 Like

If I fight this guy again I’m not letting this happen to me. Nope.

2 Likes

Ah, the classic Mhike special.

1 Like

If you don’t have an EX reversal you pretty much have to look at that LOL

It is fake as hell, but I see so many people falling for it on his streams. lol

1 Like

X-kiraaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

I saved so many fortune reading tickets for the next costume… and they do this. FFS.
I guess I will be holding them for a while longer.

I’m just glad to have another non zombie Nash costume. Wish you Easter Egg “living” Nash for all his costumes…except Halloween.

1 Like