SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

I love Juri with her hair down.

7 Likes

Ofc !

So many simple changes,but a good way to customize your character.

Long hair with her old ALT 2 from SF 4

Normal hair with premium costume

4 Likes

For the most part custom characters are just skins using the movesets of the original cast, however there are a few things that actually affect the gameplay: the main thing is that you can change the character’s height in character creation, by changing the height you change the proportions and the general dimension of the character, and basically you can create very tall characters who use Talim’s style and small characters who use Astaroth’s if you want.

The game addresses this problem by giving each fighting style an advised height and by modifying the damage and range accordingly if you don’t pick that advised height, but the problem that you might be fighting an Astaroth’s something that doesn’t have Astaroth’s hitboxes persists. Even on the Soul Calibur subreddit some people weren’t happy that customs continued to be allowed in rank.

I’m having a blast with the game.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight.

Inb4 @Phantom_Miria has a custom character that looks like Cammy :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah thats my biggest issue
Custom characters have different body hurtboxes and can actually change the way certain combos work depending on their frame. Garish and annoying costumes are one thing, but the fact that actual relevant shit is different just because they made their character short or whatever is extremely wack. It doesnt ruin the game for me cause I’ll just play offline or not rematch funky CAS but it’s awful anytime I play against a CAS that I gotta wonder if anything going on applies as EXP for the real game

1 Like

Now I may make that for shits and giggles

1 Like

Okay, after a few hours, the verdict is in:

SC6 is fun. And Mina is definitely my kind of character.

I hope Mina fills the Hilde void for me. Will see tomorrow when I get the game.

This plays in my mind whenever i fight Abigail and he uses v-trigger.

I’m glad Dieminion stuck with Ed. Since he’s always been known as a Guile player, he could’ve simply flocked over to him instead. He played Guile a bit in Season 2, but he doesn’t really like him in V.

2 Likes

And @Frost said I was dumb for playing Ed

I just used Sagat’s OH to punish Rashid’s Arabic Spiral Arrow
I have the weirdest boner now
Time to lose to Super Diamond Guile :^)

1 Like

You’re not necessarily dumb for picking Ed, but nobody will say you’re really smart for picking him either.

1 Like

Idom has been completely downloaded.

Itabashi stole our CPT points! The meanie!
He had it easy at the winner finals and grand finals. Went against an UGM Akuma that almost lost to my week 2 Falke. :frowning:
Stunner HAD to eliminate Keoma, so we had no chance to keep them CPT points at home.

1 Like

NuckleDu says input delay change will make overheads easier to block and make the game better.

Still haven’t seen any capcom blog or message log for the patch though.

At the end of the day, they will still end up falling for dash xx throw and will complain about it.
Having static input lag on the PS4 will be pretty hype, though.
But I very much doubt the input lag will go lower than 4f anyway.

1 Like

PS4 SFIV’s I believe wasn’t faster than 5F and there’s still a notable amount of current gen games that are 6Fs or higher. If it gets down to 4F that would make it less than PS4 Ultra IV IIRC

Hmmm…well this says it was 4.3 so I guess we’ll be about where IV was then.

3 Likes

Yeah, that. But right now variable input on the PS4 ranges from 4f to 7f, iirc, so if we get consistent 5f, I will be a happy woman.
I hate pressing my button, going out for a coffee, coming back and finally seeing the button come out on the PS4.