SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

I mean, that whole Groundhog Day thing is streetfighter basically. It’s MOST fighting games tbh. The only FG I know of that probably don’t really feel like that too much are GG and 3s because of all the weirdo defensive options those games have which supplement the over the top offensive strategies.

I’m thinking that maybe you just need to up rank, or go to more offline casuals…
The guys we have out here will push you to your limits as you know, and if you can’t beat them then you have to admit you can’t adapt (same as me) or you simp,y don’t want to adapt (same as me) but imho that Groundhog Day feeling comes when I’m playing people that are either way better or way worse than me. But at the end of the day, the game is the game. It’s shimmy/frame trap/throw/dash/jump/abusive aerial or grounded neutral move on rotation over and over again.

I don’t really agree that you see the “groundhog day”-thing in most fighters. That really depends on how much the game allows you to express yourself through your character. Most games will have first order optimal strategies or scrub friendly stuff that you’ll see a lot at lower levels, but once you get past that, a lot of games allow two players to approach a character in vastly different ways.

The issue is that the better you get, the more subtle the nuances in your decision making gets in most games. And decision making in SFV has the subtlety of a hammer to the face.

2 Likes

Just came across a F.A.N.G player named OPRAH_WIN_FREE

These CFN’s be lowkey killin me :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Perhaps if your scene is really big with lots of players I could see that. Different people bring different styles. But out here in au we tend to play the same people over and over again, even if it’s online I’m rotating like 15-20 players with connections all over the place that all play about the same, or samey. Call it regional playstyles or whatever, it does exist. So etim3s it’s the game to blame sometimes it’s the players. In sf4 I ran into the same problem, but I was able to get away from it by simply playing more of the huge base of players that were available in so cal and across America. Once in AU the came became boring because the player rotation was less than 10 people total and only around 5 or so people consistently.

Anybody know why it’s called Evo moment #37?

I just made someone with a 89% winquote ragequit. Very fishy.

1 Like

Don’t know if you guys are aware, but there’s no Car Bonus Stage, apparently. It’s just that some guy played the game for the first time and confused the Barrels Bonus Stage with it. https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/1048557463195344896

5 Likes

There’s a Born Free interview with Tom Cannon where he basically admits that they called it Moment 37 on purpose to get people to wonder about the other 36 (or more) moments.

5 Likes

Huh, that sounds pretty bad. My local community is pretty solid by comparison (I never thought I’d say that). We’re pulling 35-50 people at an average tournament, and Tekken national championships break 100. It’s not huge,but at the same time, you rarely face two (good) players that play the same character the same way.

For other games it’s more akin to what you’re describing. SFIV was really popular, but outside of that there’s just not enough players to feel the difference in playstyle there. Stuff like UNIST and Xrd pull enough people to have a community, but there’s just one of each character usually, outside of the ones that are easy to autopilot with. :confused:

1 Like

2 Likes

Why is she dressed lika Mature from KOF?

Because they about to give her Rekkas.

It’s a Mature KOF mod…but I think the Bonus Costume is custom made

Man, that Gloria Laura alt is so distracting. I don’t even mind getting my ass kicked.

Insane idea that will never happen in S4 but I would like VTC activation only on hit… You activate raw or confirm VTC…

That would ultimately do more harm than good. I’d love for Ibuki and Menat not jabbing into VT but that would also make the lower tiers even worse.

1 Like

VTC Nerf already hits twice characters like Zeku and Vega, Capcom don’t need new ideas to make them even worse.

It’s interesting seeing a female SFV player being affiliated to a dojo called 20 inch dongs, I’m trying to find the funny part of this.

Nah it’s nothing to do with the players. It’s the game. You could play someone 25 matches , 24 the same thing happened.

SF4 you could play whatever style you wanted with almost any character. Had more freedom. Watch me rush down with my 21 frame dash and 10 frame crmk…

Fuck SFV

Lets post better games

MOAR
11 Likes