SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

People don’t like the old men. Gen also gets no love.

Thing is menat tools in isolation, sure , she can have her non punishable buttons or her crazy ass trigger, her fucked up animation on wake up sure alright, her orb staying out completely killing any momentum for the player and spectator? Ok take it.

…but all of those things?

Not having it. The same dudes that say Sagat gaurd crush scaling decreased would be broken are the same guys telling you Menat “needs” a two bar trigger.

5 Likes

Reading a bit more about the Infil issue, it really does look like he got screwed over by a crazy woman. So sad.

2 Likes

There’s no way anybody can come to any conclusions from a Reddit forum and a couple of statements.

1 Like

he should apologize to me and the whole community for having been mean to his wife

3 Likes

Ok, so this sort of blew my mind (in a very low-key way, but still): https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/9xbi8q/why_didnt_my_button_come_out/

Dude is ranked Diamond.

• doesn’t know Akuma gets a f.HP meaty after V-Trigger DP (I didn’t either but I’m not Diamond)
  • doesn’t know that this game has a button priority system (I do and I’m not Diamond)

I mean I don’t want to bash this guy but it baffles me how far you can go with so little knowledge. Apparently EX tackle and Aegis are enough to carry.

That’s why I can’t imagine Rose to be released anytime soon, in this matchup Menat looks like a SF4 Rose on roids. A tool able to reflect Sagat trademark move, a slide to bypass the zoning, good walkspeed and a comeback VT as a cherry on top. Don’t know who was his opponent, but Bonchan looked like the prey in this set, probably would’ve been even worse against a bitch-mode Menat like JWong or Infiltration. Then Sagat practically feeding Menat arsenal it’s the last nail on the coffin.

1 Like

I knew a master level Sim that didn’t know frame data. They are out there.

The weird thing about Menat having a reflect/absorb is that she doesn’t need it. If you were to take that off her right now, I don’t think it’d change her at all as far as fireballs go.

It’s kinda like Bisons v skill. The one last dam place on the screen you might have a shred of advantage, Capcom gave them another fucked up tool just to make sure you got fisted there as well.

2 Likes

You’ve answered yourself, you don’t need to be special to get there, just find a character who fits your playstyle and grind. A friend of mine is Diamond with Necalli and he don’t know how to read a frame data either nor how to use different wakeups still. He played 9k matches to get there, mashing random Supers or EX dp’s after blocked st.hk, but he did. These people used to the online environment are often nothing offline, their lack of knowledge is possible because they feel they don’t need this need stuff to compete. SFV for y’all guys.

Amen to that, no wonder why Menats in general aren’t in love with V-Skill. I still think Sagat wasn’t intended to be in the game, but the community ‘forced’ Capcom to pull the trigger for business reasons,same story for the others returning characters in S3. They can find a way to make him work, but Sagat plays better in games where zoning have weight in the general game core, probably his season 4 buffs will make him becoming the next Guile. Sure thing applying easy ways to deal with zoning in general without skill involved was a mistake from Capcom, let’s see how they balance this out next year.

Sagat wasn’t a zoner in CvS2 was still god tier.

He is bad in SFV because his buttons overall aren’t anything special, tiger knee is lacking, and his V-System is awful like Sakura.

Hence why Guile can be fuck most of the cast any way he feels like it.

1 Like

His V2 is acceptable, an armour parry that also has guard break is nothing to scoff at, especially considering the timer length is decent ( looks at Ryu). If you get hit by a full charge it hurts by the time you’ve added on the uppercut. ( Not the gaurd crush, just a regular hit).

His V skill sucks though as do his knees. The Sakura comparison is one Ive brought up before, Sakura and Sagat with the ability to make their knee/tatsu plus are different beasts.

He has one of the better v reversals as well.

V-skill needs to be better for a 50 frame charge or shorter, but let’s face it the things aren’t really supposed to mesh. It’s just a bunch of dudes thinking up random abilities that don’t have anything to do with each other.

2 Likes

Sure, blame it on Menat. :roll_eyes: I’ve seen your replays.

2 Likes

Good points there. I don’t play Sagat myself just making observations so it’s good to hear opinions of someone who does use him.

I could see them buffing his knees. Maybe he will win with the lottery get a more thought out V-Skill if they add second ones.

Or does Rashid look like Gouken? We don’t know where Gouken went on his musha shugyō :wink:

Looking forward to the CPT Regional finals this weekend. Glad it starts today.

Kuroda’s arrested again

1 Like

WTF man…this dude is the Japanese R.Kelly

8 Likes

Sakura -2 Tatsu leads to yolo situations already, no need to make moves retarded, it’s the worst way to buff a character imo. I would speed up the move instead, buff the damage with only the EX version being at -2. I would definitely speed up Sagat TKs making the meterless versions -4,but relative safe if spaced well. The EX version can be even +1 or 2 since it’s basically a combo ender or mid-range attempt.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Kolin can fight Menat pretty well, too. I dropped her at the end of Season 2 so I never played any high level Menats but V-Skill is a very strong tool against a character that can just throw out buttons. Menat in particular also lacks damaging punishes so it’s not even that high of a risk to just throw it out.