SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

I mean there’s nothing interesting about Alpha Adon he’s one of the most basic SF characters of all time so, no that version wouldn’t be very interesting. I just wrote that stuff because it basically describes what would happen if you made a fireball less cross between Nash and Cammy. Basic AF. I basically told you what Alpha Adon does so you don’t have to play him.

SFIV did make him a lot more interesting than he was while still allowing him to 2 button neutral when he wanted to. Although seeing how they could possibly turn his close s.HK into a command normal and see if that adds any neutral uses to it would be kinda interesting.

I do agree that most of the other characters you listed would be more interesting to see in the game first.

1 Like

I’d take the crown easy. I over think everything, I’m fucking lazy and I’m slow in the head.

Watch me be the best at being the worst!!!

@delete_me

I’M BAD FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

2 Likes

Tsurugi will be like 3s, the SF4 version would be retarded in V. In general Makoto will be different from her previous version, more closer to her original 3s counterpart. Omega Makoto needs just a fine tuning then we (I’m) ready to go.

1 Like

Late AF but I wanted to say that you have the right idea.

With guys like us who are still pretty much learning to play against other people (I’m being generous when I refer to some CFN players as “people”) character choice is the last concern. Right now it is all about putting the time in, conducting honest analysis, building good habits, trying to break down the bad ones; stuff like that. We can debate the merits of character choice when we are all Master rank. :wink:

Until then the L’s mostly belong to things that would be universal issues (give or take match up fuckery but even that isn’t as bad at lower levels due to players not playing anywhere near optimally on either side). Just gotta hold that and keep at it. :+1:

If you feel the need to switch again just tape a big ass piece of cardboard across your TV that covers everyone but Sagat. I’ll email you a template.

1 Like

Even I shall have trouble breaking this steel base.
I will be a great stress test for it!

Kudos for 2nd Impact for replacing my broken one free of charge!

6 Likes

Sounds like a good company. That base will be able to wrestle with Muscle Spirit no problem.

1 Like

Yes, it should survive 12 or so months at the very least.
I hope.

But 2nd Impact is indeed a great company. They put a lot of love in their products and this is their first home made product, so it was bound to have initial production problems.
This 1.4 revision of their optical lever ought to be more tuned in and proper for normal people to use without issue.

more importantly, his cat got a new box :heart_eyes_cat:

thanks. i had a thread going in the art section of srk back in the good 'ol days. most of the images are dead links now though. there were some other sprite artists contributing as well. i might reboot the thread again if there’s enough interest.

3 Likes

You get a heart for the cat paw.

GG’s @Doctrine_Dark even though it was a bit laggy.

1 Like

LMAO!

Yeah, I’m done bouncing around. I think in the long-run it actually deters me from this game. I honestly think my character crisis issues were a big part of why I dropped it before.

I’ve watch a lot of Sagat videos, including match replays of top-notch Sagats, and have a better idea of how to approach neutral, but I still have a lot of work to do, but I’m looking forward to it.

Edit to add: Also, I think I’m going to stop playing Casual Matches, and just play Ranked when I’m playing randoms. I think it’ll be better to play against people who are more serious of winning. My ranked win ratio will go down the toilet, which I guess it’s already pretty depressing, lol, but I think it’ll be better for my long-term progress.

1 Like

all these rich kids breaking and buying fightsticks and joysticks
back in my day we used our fightsticks for ashtrays, drug stash, used the insides to hotwire, drink holders andomethings used the damn thing to drink

I’ve been rockin’ the same ol beat up Hori for 4 years now…Hori the best Madcatz was always shit

1 Like

Also Ibuki mod

1 Like

Can’t unscrew one of the screws?
No problem, just break the base more to free it.

The fuck… who the hell people play with wimpy 2 pounds springs?
This shit is too light!

GG’s. You were the Karin player, right?

1 Like

Yep, that was me!

1 Like

Ah, nice Karin. Your punishes were on point.

1 Like

OK, they got the sensitivity right now.
It feels so good. If you aren’t a troglodyte like me, it would be perfect!

1 Like

Glad it’s in good order!

Off-topic, and I don’t know why, but troglodyte has been one of my favourite words for like 10 years.

2 Likes