SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

doesn’t the ps4 have a “print screen” function why is he taking pics of his TV

1 Like

You can also link direct to the image on Capcom’s site, since they have them all up on there.

This is probably my favorite of the ones I’ve seen. I always liked Menat’s story outfit, so seeing it in colors that match her default is kind of neat.

1 Like

Would ne nice if there was a reliable way to unlock them other than spending the equivalent of three DLC character’s worth of FM on lootboxes.

3 Likes

I think the worst offender by far…by far is that RE shit they have now.

Not only is the animation insanely long, it can happen multiple times in a round and its a pure RPS.

It derails the match’s momentum and kills the pace. People complain about SF5 being random when SC6 have a legit RPS as an integral mechanic sounds wack to me.

I actually believe that RE is the single worst mechanic i have ever seen in modern fighting games, maybe tied with Injustice’s clash mechanic. But at least clash is a defensive mechanic and isn’t pure RPS.

3 Likes

Hitboxes for every character, have fun and don’t @ me

9 Likes

@Akhos What ?

3 Likes

2 Likes

I believe it’s more just who you’re playing that leads to having to deal with more of Akuma’s random stuff than inherently the character.

Like if you watch a top Akuma mirror, that is honestly one of the most honest mirrors there is. Partly because Akuma has good tools for his own self, but it shows that the character is generally less random when it comes to top level players using him than other characters.

Akuma can’t do much anything random in neutral to characters like Cammy, Birdie, Guile or Falke. They all have pretty good reactionary tools for what he likes to do most in neutral. It’s characters that have faulty AA options that tend to have to deal with his random air stuff more often (Karin, Chun, Nash etc.) If you can control his air options reliably and/or outrange him he’s much less random to deal with. All of his random stuff is aerial based and mainly takes advantage of characters who do not have strong AA/dash under tools to deal with them on reaction.

2 Likes

Cody actually fights Akuma surprisingly well. A lot of his aerial shenanigans can be shut down with reaction v skill and if he ends his blockstrings in fireball instead you can st.lk punish. It’s not an easy fight by any means but I think Cody can hold his own against him. Probably his best matchup against the top 5.

*Sees Chun’s throw hitbox

*Sees other characters throw hitboxes that appear smaller

4 Likes

I think Cody’s best MU vs top 5 character is easily Cammy. He can kinda hold his own in the ground and his V-skill shuts down her Dive kick game very well.

1 Like

Why is no one ever talking about Topanga League? I know the times that it’s on are a bit inconvenient, but it truly is some of the bet tournament play ever. First to ten/best of ten really shows you who is better that day. Some really thrilling matches.

3 Likes

I think it’s Akuma, Cammy still wins the ground

I checked SFVdiff and it’s actually true
https://sfvsim.com/diff/CNL/021/scripts/715_THROW_F.html#5
a lot of throws’ hitboxes are shorter/longer than they appear, a lot of people think that Juri’s throw range is really good but it’s actually the same as Ryu, it’s just that the way she stand is pretty misleading about her actual hurtbox

They should allow us to select a secondary under battle settings so that when we lose a round in Ranked, there’ll be an option that says “Rematch with secondary character.”

2 Likes

MOOOVVVVVVVV!!!

Hype.

What’s ibuki frame disadvantage if you block the air kunai release? People saying Bonchan fucked up but that’s not really a common situation so he probably went for the jabs as a safety net instead of the bigger combo out of mp.

+9 on block.

Edit: my bad, that’s the value of the Kunai release from ground.

Yeah I’m talking about the one where she jumps up and most people press tech as she releases them in the air. I know she’s punishable, just not sure how much.

I’m gonna hit the lab tomorrow after work, but I think a well placed Air Kunai Release isn’t punishable, if Ibuki has all six Kunai at her disposal the blockstun is probably huge.