SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

I play a better Falke when tipsy confirmed.
Won 15 of the last 20 matches, and probably more than that after I had that one shot of rum.
SFV is not a game for a lady to play while sober.

1 Like

it’s probably because it lightens your mental stack and you get to play more isntictively, SFV is way less about execution or planning and more about mental fortitude, overthinking things might affects your reactions timings and prove fatal

4 Likes

Bison V1 is salt inducing horse piss. Ask Tokido.

5 Likes

What does vt1 do for bison?

I hope Ryu’s season 4 sees the parry building a lot more v-meter and that the shoryukens don’t consume any of it.

It would be great if v-trigger hadokens could be even faster too :blush: :+1:

I can be wrong but ryus vskill has to be the least used vskill in the game. At any level.

Not really, almost nobody knows what Old Zeku V-Skill does, go figure.

1 Like

If only it worked as anti-air…

all the refugees who never returned are but a memory within the decaying corpse of the forum

3 Likes

Let’s his dashes cross up, makes EX moves link with no charge, mods some other moves.

Basically transforms him from very easy to use spammy character into a even easier to use spammy character.

IQ required - 3 points above disabled.

3 Likes

It turns him into a boss character as most of the best v-triggers do.

3 Likes

I actually agree with something you said. Will wonders never cease.

But yeah, what you sis there was true. One other thing not stated there though is knowing your character well and their spacing well, makes AAing easier.

As an example, I AA pretty much on,y with uriens cr.hp unless I’m REALLY given a reason t use his st.hk or fmp. But generally speaking I use cr.hp about 98% of the time.

But that’s a pretty slow AA that has a high hitting hurtbox. It’s not easy to use yet I’m better using it than Akumas BHP which is waaay better.

The reason is because I know urien well enough that I know when people are going to jump and from what ranges they will jump and what is more than likely to make them want to jump. So that’s something to also take into account.

Last thing I’ll say about AA is that whether one works well or not is very matchup specific. I may be able to AA ken and ryu well with urien because their jumpins aren’t the greatest, but make me have to AA giefs J.mk or Cammy divekick with urien… all bets are off…
But if I had a DP? Shit would be gravy. So uriens AA still sucks, it’s just that sucktitude is matchup specific.

Etc etc

I finally beat Mhike’s Gief in ranked set. Knew I would get him eventually cuz that match is rough. Only way I usually get points off ultimate grand masters is either favorable matchup for Falke or I get lucky vs a predictable Akuma. I won’t be beating any grand or ultimate grand Kolins or Rogs for a while, but if I get at least one match that’ll be something. I should have 2 0’d him but I didn’t see the timer I have left on my trigger when I hit him with f+HP. Oh well. Back to losing to Diamond Bipsons.

Would say it definitely depends on matchup but he has a lot of active/preemptive AA’s like headbutt. He has among the most damaging and best corner carrying AA’s in the game so it’s not always worth it to test his AA. I mean you should, but one good spot and you’re about to die. Aegis is also one of the best anti airs in the game and something Nemo has been using more often.

1 Like

Dps aren’t as good in this as other games, even from an AA standpoint. Weird angles, trades, low damage.

Sometimes I think it would be better to have a horseshit one button AA that sets up air reset side switches. Like ibuki and Cammy.

3 Likes

I think it’s better objectively just because don’t need to motion so just by execution/time standpoint you get it out faster than a DP.

Anything to circumvent execution in AA or defensive scenarios helps. Fei Long’s DP was favored as a reversal because you can mash it during absolute guard and just kill the shortcut during block stun until it comes out. Vanilla Gief mash on PPP/KKK and hope it hits some shit.

1 Like

And that match was on his stream too, but I didn’t catch it live because DST starting here and I couldn’t poke fun out of him live there. :frowning:
It is on the VOD though. It was a quite nice match. Mhike was on his “let’s fool around with VT2” hour as well, which made it even easier for you.

If you can’t anti air and think about footsies at the same time, your anti air sucks

If you’re unable to whiff a button, recover, and still anti air. It doesn’t matter how good your anti air button is, it will lose if it’s even remotely slow

If you have to actively be looking for a jump into order to anti air, then your anti air is even worse than “sucks”, these are trash bottom of the barrel anti airs

God tier anti airs: Dragon punches of most varieties, Ken’s are the best of the best

Great anti airs: Other dps like zeku’s but the higher startup hurts, Cammy b.mp, balrog mp, cody v skill, nash ex sonic assault

Good anti airs: Cody B Fierce, Birdie cr.mp (this one could be a little worse than I think), sakura crouch fierce (could be worse than I’m evaluating), Ken/ryu Crouching fierce, akuma b.fierce, fang’s crouching fierce seems to be in this category but it could be worse, nash cr.mp

Serviceable anti airs (don’t have to be looking for jumps specifically, but you can’t be tunnelvisioned on anything else too hard): G Crouch fierce, ibuki’s whatevers, rog crouch fierce, G back fierce

Total trash tier (You have to be looking for the jump and only the jump, this means that you can’t really focus on anything else and still anti air with these in most situations): Bison crouch fierce, possible vega crouch fierce, urien’s anything. Urien might be categorized slightly higher since he yields a greater reward for successful anti airs, but they still suck in raw properties

7 Likes

Everyone just forgets Ed exists huh

3 Likes

Wait a minute, how’s Akuma’s b.fierce only good? It has only one more startup frame than Rog’s and Cammy’s mp, it stays active for fucking forever (7 frames iirc) and it’s one of the most rewarding anti airs in the game, how’s pressing back+fierce harder than doing a dp motion?.
Also imo Urien’ st.hk and G’s cr.hp are what I’d call “online AAs”, they’re not rewarding like other AAs from the same characters but they cover every angle with a single button press allowing you to focus on the ground game instead of staying there wondering if your rewarding AA will get stuffed from that angle

5 Likes