SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

Is it her sweet robot Butler or that she’s voiced by Jennifer Hale

I think it’s her shotgun mechanic, yes her Butler but mainly that shotgun…it’s beautiful

1 Like

I think I’ve seen more foreign flags today than are present at the fucking UN. I can’t take this anymore.

1 Like

Capcom lost the control on VTs since S1, I still don’t think they were designed to be that impactful on the game in general. The initial idea of a temporary power-up was good, the real issue comes when people discovered how they can create resets or 50/50 situations with some of them to avoid the damage scaling. Being able to reset during VT combos gives also the possibility to tone down the VTC nerf effect, strengthening these VTs while one shots VTs like Vega and Zeku VT1 or super honest ones like Fang and Ryu don’t have the same property. Characters with game changing VTs aren’t that bad before popping their comeback ticket, the others don’t have this. It’s normal in fgs to have good and bad characters, in SFV having a good VT it’s too important at this point of the game lifecycle.

good VTs are important but it doesn’t mean extremely good V Triggers are mandatory, Guile’s and Cammy’s triggers are nowhere near something like Aegis and yet it’s those two that haunt the top 8 of many majors not Urien

1 Like

You guys watching this ? Some sick Vega play tbh. I’m glad he won.

2 Likes

Cammy’s damage is disgusting

Cammy and Guile are the only ones in the top 5 without game-changing VTs just because they’re strong enough even without.

and that’s what I want from the game, fuck having to wait to be at 50/40% health to unlock your character’s full potential

Theyre still very powerful v triggers tho

Yeah that feeling wouldn’t be there if the characters had stronger tools before V Trigger. Like the top 5 are all characters where there’s a lot of good shit you can do with them before and after trigger. Urien is not too far off from 3S Urien also. You had to build meter to get the real Urien and the pre Aegis Urien was just a funky Bipson ish character who couldn’t confirm into damage off anything other than his c.HP or charge partitioned s.MP.

Then you have characters like Vega and Zeku where you wait to lose 50 percent of your health to get the same character you had before 50 percent health. TBF Zeku’s VT1 can do some particularly powerful things in neutral. Just none of them will kill you unless he has like full resources.

2 bar triggers are ok. They just need to realize something like Menats should never be 2 bars.

4 Likes

who da fuck is fredo!!!

Oh i think point inflation got people in ranked feeling themselves. Lots of tbags and salty messages. Guys telling me i can’t get to their level. Some of these guys were just stuck in gold no to long ago

Yea Fredo is king of SFV,twitch,YouTube now.

ill kill him!!!

That’s why PC is fun because nobody can send you salt LOL. I didn’t get a whole lot of messages on PS4, but when I did they were pretty salty. Best was a Urien player being salty about my lame Juri. I play all my characters lame gotta deal with it.

Been saying this for a while.

Menat VT 1 , Kolin VT 2 , Abigail VT 1 , Ibuki VT 2 should not be 2 bars.

3 Likes

If a character needs throw loops, maybe that character is an asshole.

Fake throw loops are fine.