SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Viper looking good. :confused:

Overhead into cross up TK BK would never make it into SFV as a mix up.

Yeah, I’d like Oro as well. Gouken’s daughter. And Vivian Nishiki

Is Gouken’s daughter even canon ?

Regadless, the old man is a much better choice then she.

Falke mod?

I was looking for the sf4 stream don’t know why I couldn’t find it, thanks.

1 Like

Blame Marvel.

1 Like

so no finals on stream for usf4. …meanwhile nothing on the capcom fighters channel.
shouldnt surprise me, they dont even care for theire latest game anymore…

I keep being randomly recommended SF4 videos and I may have stumbled onto the greatest thing ever.

Have to see this translates well into 5 because screw fighting Sim as Cody.

4k BP Sagat, that was around A or A+ rank if i remember.

The hell was that guy doing.

sim destroys cody in both games i think lol

I mained Cody in 4 but dhalsims were rare but I usually got my shit pushed in, but in 5 the match up feels like 6-4 cody

I’ve been going back to SF4 to pull off some classic Sako combos.

They be hella hard, but oh so satisfying.

5 Likes

So to my understanding there is a pool with OilKing and Momochi, a pool with Fujimura and Punk and yet there is one with Xiao Hai and Filipino an and one with Nemo and Ricki?

No offense to XH Nemo Ricki or Filipino man but that’s just off

you mean like they like they were purposely put in separate pools?

Goddamn SamSho damage is real AF.

5 Likes

I mean 2 pools have people that you kind of expect to make top 8 at any given major and the other 2 pools have one player you can see getting top 8 and one that is good you really do not expect to make it to top 8.

What I am saying is those pools look unbalanced

1 Like

You ever hit St.Mp, St.mp, cr.mk with Cammy in Sf5?

Also Chen’s has got to be one of the most prolific downplayers of all time.

The man knows about as much shame as TLD.

1 Like

despite him being send to losers by a vega player he really managed to win. of course off stream…

A few times. Pretty rare.

It’s hard for me to understand exactly what you mean here. Mixups aren’t free, you have to get close enough as the aggressor to get them. Or you as the defender have to fuck up to allow the opponent close enough.

This is of course within reason for the game. The better a characters mixup, the harder time they should have getting in, etc etc

And the better a characters neutral, the worse their mixup should be.
Also “guesses” and mixups aren’t the same thing.

Gat as an example can make people guess him all day with his fireballs and fireball timings, these can be considered mixups of a sort, but they certainly aren’t blocking mixups in the classical sense of high/low/cross up/non crossup…

Blocking mixups seem to have been deemed “to cheap” by most 09’ers and and later. Easily seen by how many people complain about Urien/Ibuki ambiguous crossup mixups (you know, ACTUAL mixups)
So they are few and far between in sf5. In sf5 the “mixups” are almost all soft frame trap or gap/no gap mixups. Mixups that you can just block forever in the fortress of solitude. But these aren’t blocking mixups, they are just repeated soft guesses done over and over again.

Personally, and I know I’m in the minority here, I dislike this kind of guess based play the most because it allows for guesses for disadvantageous positions, unlike true blocking mixups where you ALMOST ALWAYS have to have significantly outplayed your opponent, to get.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Old school = the mixups are much more destructive (and better) but it’s much harder to get to the positions from which they occur.

New school = the mixups are much more tame, but it’s much easier to get to the positions from which those tame mixups can occur.

This is easily explained. Capcom wants to give shitty players the illusion they are getting somewhere by making it easier to get in with unga, but they balanced this by making it harder to actually get something done once in.

This is Capcom berf balancing at its finest except instead of a character getting berfed, they berfed an entire game.

Have fun.

I’m up to 10 sessions a week in PT now which is pretty exceptional for a month on the job.
Dolla Dolla bills y’all.

6 Likes