SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

It doesn’t look good.

My shitty thoughts. You are backing up alot when you have pressure? That actually is putting you back in Chun-li’s best spot. I could almost see @Vhozite grinning each time that happened.

The Hori Fighting Edge is a sexy and great stick if you wanna buy a new one!

http://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-edge-for-playstation-4-1/

2 Likes

I don’t feel like I can pressure one bit, Chun can easily check every single part of pressure and because Kage has stubby normals she commands the entirety of the space in front of him.

Man Zeku is such a satisfying character to play.

too bad my PSN is gonna run out soon. :sob:

2 Likes

This isn’t Kage advice but…

I’m pretty sure @Vhozite spends hours in training mode practicing wakeup CA.

3 Likes

That was an even worse performance from me than the Chun fight. I never knew how terrible I was in neutral until now.

Just when times were getting good with Zeku and made SFV slightly less shit

To be blunt. you are playing a character that really wants to play as little neutral as humanly possible, meanwhile, most of Vhozite’s characters are the opposite.

I would try to get in that ass and stay there. Even if it might be “less clean”, Because when you get pushed out, you have to do the hardest part over again.

I realize that’s easier said than done.

This is what I was trying to do against @Flack0 I did not want to deal with Sagat’s shit if I didn’t have to. Especially since I don’t really know any of it.

Last one

The real issue is that I’m trying to play neutral…when I have no ability to play neutral…but I also can’t play as a nut either because my mind won’t allow it.

So…yeah, I’m completely fucked. I actually can’t play Fighting Games the way I am now. It’s a complete contradiction.

Vesper Sagat vs AMKidd Ryu in Field of Fate

3 Likes

Meh… don’t look down on being a nut. Sometimes its the best way to force an error out of your opponent. Kage is actually pretty good at causing mental damage when he is in your face doing stuff. Because if you mess up, the situation just resets and you do it all over again.

I just don’t have the mental capacity to be a nut. I’ll always hold myself back from going the full way.

That’s what casual matches are great for. There’s nothing on the line, so you can get nice and comfy with what you can and can’t get away with.

I’m not saying I’m super good at it either. But I’ve been trying to take @Pertho advice (and from watching his games) to heart. Sometimes you gotta get in there and do things. You can’t always wait for the opponent to beat himself, against better players at least.

1 Like

The Capgod giveth, The Capgod taketh away.

Might be good though. The problem with having PSN is that I like playing. Which doesn’t sound bad but it means that I’ll choose to play if I can over doing other stuff.

So might as well finalize some ideas, finish out writing some stuff and getting other things together before I start playing again.

Hit training mode right and right down a bunch of stuff. Won’t be able to look at my replays, but there are things here and there I can practice in the meantime. Plus I have a thought or two I think may help people like Saitsu that won’t be written down properly if I’m playing.

So yeah, think a break might be really good if I can get some projects off the ground.

Yeah if you’re playing pretty much any of my characters you have to get in and stay in.

But also I feel like you have a problem with flowcharting a bit. A lot of times it feels like you’re gonna do what you’re gonna do without really paying attention to how i react. Like when you pop VT1 you go straight to forcing the issue with VS 90% of the time. I think it was the very first set where I used Chun vs you, but sure enough you did it and ate the nj punish.

You’re gonna have to yolo a bit with his trex arms against a character like Chun, but again you have to adapt to watch your opponent. Like Ve said I practice wake up super 200 times a day same thing with any reversal and i don’t think you blocked any of them.

One last thing but if you are gonna DP on defense set the tone early. You were only doing it when I had you in danger time, and while you were landing them if you had let it fly a couple more times early on you would’ve needed it less. Idk if that makes sense…

All in all though keep practicing though and gg’s. Also I can’t really pretend i was out playing you. I counter picked you 2 or 3 times then flowcharted myself. I barely won with Laura.

Can you save me some time.

What exactly does Vega’s VT2 do? I got exploded by that and realized I didn’t even know what I was supposed to be looking out for.

Its some manner of counter?

2 Likes

It’s actually a top tier taunt.

But yes it’s a counter, active on i think frame 3. Pretty trash as far as VT’s go i only like it to make his slide safe really.

I much prefer rose but VTC is so good…

1 Like

So my meaty “should” have been okay? I just miss-timed it?

If its not a frame 1 counter, that blows pretty hard.

Did alot of damage though.

Yeah it loses to meaties or even tight frame traps. But yeah eating his counter will typically lead to big damage, though the attack portion is prone to whiffing from far out.

A lot of Vega’s use it more as a combo tool though. In the corner he can do some jazz and I’m pretty sure the max damage combos do 50% or very close to it.