SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

I just saw ya ask for an SRK dojo, I have most of SRK peeps in mine init

1 Like

Hmmm…that is a good point.

Man I’m thirsty for a new character or balance patch. Too many of the characters I like need buffs or just something to spice them up.

No they need to wait till I hit plat.
By that math it may be never lol.

People want to rep the website. If you guys wanna do some discord stuff, thats fine.

Otoh, I want people to hold an L and come here to be mad about it and learn to get better. Its taken 4 different services (Facebook, twitter, reddit AND discord) to try and replicate what SRK offered in one place. So I’ll keep my mind on bringing peoplr here where its better rather than all spread like ants without a colony.

Keeping your eyes on the finger and missing all the heavenly glory.

I wonder how many people still play but never came back because they didn’t realize a solution was found to keep the forum open.

Well some people left for the discord channel like I originally did. Others I’m not too sure.

I played SF for a couple hours, I tried Mika, I won quite a lot considering I barely ever touched her, it’s day and night between her and my usual couple of Chun/Juri. People actually being scared of what your character can do is quite an advantage.

1 Like

Not as many as the people who didn’t bother to reset their passwords. That situation made more people :man_shrugging: the forums out of laziness.

Then you have a lot that don’t like the layout. That one is kind of an issue because, while you can shop and screw threads in some semblance of organization, you aren’t really clicking into a subforum per say. So it isn’t like you get to go into a character subforum, you’re asking discourse to summon up the threads with say Cammy tags on them.

Makes a weird psychological difference. Not like any of that should stop us from improving the place though. SRK’s already had a million and half different forum softwares. Not really sweating one more or one less; specially if, with an increase in active users, we can make a concerted effort to change it to something more palatable.

2 Likes

Too be 100% honest i was one of the people Pertho is talking about. Had to reset my password and I was initially very turned off by the layout. And frankly i still don’t like it but it’s grown on me and is slightly less confusing.

1 Like

Doesn’t change the fact that discourse is god awful.

2 Likes

The people are more important than the layout :grin:

8 Likes

Yeah but that’s entirely out of my control. Short of me going up to either Inkblot or Ponder and saying “Hey yo, this shit sucks could fix it?” we aren’t going to get there.

Problem is doing that now is a losing move. Short term: I can customize stuff for you guys in the title lines in a way that’s cohesive to the subforum and makes you feel better. Yeah you don’t get to do :eggplant: :fist: :drooling_face: but we also avoid any issue complaints about somebody having it. Also short term is fully finishing up the twitch stuff so we can show the forums are doing community stuff for themselves again.

After we building on those few things, we just gotta get people in here willing to update the subforums and get them up to par. Which means i gotta take initiative with Zeku and other people need to do with theirs too. Posting Zeku tech here is fine, but I should really be doing it over there.

Once there’s an increase of activity that’s healthy, then I can drop all that in the lap of upper management and be like “Welp, we’re doing all this because we still believe SRK is the best way to communicate about fighting games, but we have these issues that are out of hands. Is there a way we can get new forum software that gives us these things or some different type of support?”

But we really can’t get at them until we do us. Otherwise the convo is “why spend a few dollars more if its gonna stay dead?” We don’t want to run back the Vanilla situation where they were spending 24k a year on stuff. That’s a disservice to their effort in various ways. But if we can get something different so we can at least have custom reactions or something a bit more traditional, then we’d move in the proper direction.

So discourse may suck nuts, but if we can’t make it work on discourse then we aren’t making it work period.

4 Likes

I suppose it’s rather fitting that we’re on the SFV of forum softwares.

FV Cup in Malaysia.

You can see the full CPT schedule here, as well as the player standings.

https://capcomprotour.com/schedule/.

Well if anyone hasn’t made a dojo by the time I get home tomorrow I’ll make one. I guess I’ll name it SRK forums. I’ve never really looked into dojo mode but I’m guessing there’s a bio or something to place a link.

1 Like

The name thing is being a cuck about things. Won’t let me do the full website name.

On the plus side, if you google SRK Forums the first result is this place. So that would technically work out.

Yeah I figured it’d be too long.

Yeah I checked Google when I first brought it up and seeing that I was like cool. Very next link is a article about the forums closing tho lol. Oh well if they go through the effort to Google it surely they’ll at least click it and see

You can’t do “SRK Forums”?